Kingsley Coman (17 Viewers)

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
He was 18 until a month ago... He only played 6 games worth of minutes last year. 3 of the 7 games he's started with Juventus have been pretty good performances from him. 3 of 7 games started with the Serie A, CI double winning CL finalist. As an 18 year old. So he's not consistent yet. So his end product let's him down at times...

Unless we are selling him to use the funds on better players this mercato... it's an absolutely stupid sale, and could easily bite us in the ass again, just like with Thierry Henry. This kid is one of the most coveted 19 year olds in all of Europe. There's a reason Bayern is willing to pay such a large fee for him. There's a very good chance he'll be worth a huge amount more one day.

SO I repeat, and this is really quite inarguable... if money is not an issue for Juve, we don't need to balance our books... then unless we're going to add the COman funds to our transfer budget to get higher quality players in, Coman should not have been sold under any circumstance. We should making a 60 mil offer for Isco now... not getting a Draxler that is easily as hit or miss potential as Coman, considering his injury and all. You just don't sell one of your best prospects who has managed to earn game time at a team that just played a CL final. You don't. You loan him to a smaller cub to get game time, or use him as often as you can... You don't sell.

I'll reserve final judgment of course, until we see who we sign in the remainder of this mercato. I'll be content with Draxler, but not particularly happy. I want a top CAM now that we've sold Vidal and Coman.
:agree:

To me, Coman situation is almost identical to Giovinco's. He is not a striker, he is winger or even inside forward but no an ss, and even at Bayern they know that. And maybe we shouldn't change our whole tactics for him, but we should look to accommodate him, just like we gonna do with Cuardado, who at the moment only fits in 3-5-2 and even that is arguable. Which brings me to another point, this is the most random mercato we had as long as I can remember. Last season we knew we gonna play 3-5-2 or 4-3-1-2, but now beside 3-5-2 no one knows how we gonna play. We have so many different players, that is almost impossible to predict anything, and I'm afraid it's gonna bite us in the ass.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Possibly. But my opinion is if they are willing to pay €8m for a loan they like him and will most likely pay the €20m fee.
Even if he doesn't fullfil the expectations there, proves to be nothing more than a decent squad player they will excercise the option due to high initial investment. IMHO

There's a reason we set the loan at this sum. I don't recall anyone else paying 8m to loan a player for a year, only to ship him back afterwards.

Nostradamus

Dec 12, 2012
Possibly. But my opinion is if they are willing to pay €8m for a loan they like him and will most likely pay the €20m fee.
IMO the only reason for such a loan transfer would be for accounting reasons and Juve asking for it. Bayern normally dont do such things. I guess Juve have generated tons of profits through CL and player sales, so they wanna delay further income to the next year?

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Not sure how I feel about this but yeah it's a big risk by Bayern.
Berardi can play either.

Wait, I just read loan with option? That doesn't make any sense for us then.
It's not a big risk for Bayern. They got the finance to do it. If they want a player they will pay the amount, if it fails it doesn't matter because they can and they will.

Double in Italy, CL final... and in summer you sell one of the biggest stars and biggest prospect..the $#@!

Imagine Bayern in CL final last year with the BL double, and there comes Juve... Bayern we will take Muller and loan your biggest prospect... Hoeness would hang himself in "prison cell".

It is not matter of money, it matter of principle and the way other club $#@! on us and Beppe lets them, while $#@!ing Schalke is dragging us for a month
You got that spot on. Can't imagine it being done the other way round.

- - - Updated - - -

So far there is nothing official on this, but if we are selling him for such an amount, i hope the money is used for a well incoming players. Probably a better AM than Draxler, or maybe Draxler + CM.
And if Coman becomes a break through player, then I guess just like another day where a lot of people here, who thinks they are experts in player development, will continue to eat the humble pie as they have always been.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
RAMI¹⁰;5079286 said:
The German media are callin him the 'jewel' :D

and they are talking about 7-8 mil loan + 25 option!

http://www.tz.de/sport/fc-bayern/fc...y-coman-juventus-turin-angeblich-5426859.html
If its a loan with option then Its a very good deal for them as they can decide whether he worth it or not
Also its not a bad deal for us as we can assume he wont become a superstar in one year especially not at Bayern which is really stacked with champions which won`t give him too much of a place to shine...

Still I`d rather loan him to a side like Palermo even for a free loan

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
8 + 22

- - - Updated - - -

If they choose not to make it permanent we still made 8ml and can sell the player elsewhere. But surely, if they play 8ml, they will make it permanent.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
There's a reason we set the loan at this sum. I don't recall anyone else paying 8m to loan a player for a year, only to ship him back afterwards.
United did it with Falcao.
12m eur loan with option to buy for 55m euro and they didn't take the option this summer.

But Falcao is a proven player and United probably weren't even interested in buying him if he didn't score 20+ goals. They simply needed a striker for the season and made a panic loan at the very last day of the mercato.
This thing with Coman is different, imo.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
The Caveat, DP84 is whether or not we get two players in those positions, in the next 2 days before the mercato closes... And whether those two players are Juventus quality...
With few days to go? Certainly one will be a panic buy and he may end up being the only one. I've got no issues with the 8 mln loan hard to understand not convinced but really we've just made it hard for ourselves in such short notice.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
12m eur loan with option to buy for 55m euro and they didn't take the option this summer.

But Falcao is a proven player and United probably weren't even interested in buying him if he didn't score 20+ goals. They simply needed a striker for the season and made a panic loan at the very last day of the mercato.

either way we make either 8ml and still have the player or 30ml

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011

Sure, but 55m is heavy if a player doesnt meet expectations. On the other hand 20m for a decent young sub is less risky.

I think @Nostradamus might be right that loan is for accounting purposes. But Bayern would need to take the option after 1st of July of 2016, or Juve's mgt need to account it for 2016/17, for this to be the main reason and that is spreading an income from players sales over several years; securing decent amounts beforehand. We already earned 31m from Vidal's sale and 8m from Coman's loan for this season. We'll see.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
We're gambling. Unfortunately we don't have a time machine to see how will Coman develop, so whatever we do now is a gamble.

Facts are that Coman is a very talented 19 year old, who showed glimpses of his talent, but who'll be behind the pecking order when the attack/wings will be covered by Cuadrado, Draxler, Dybala, Morata and Mandzukic. This can go from terribly wrong if he turns out as good as Henry, to great if he becomes a Quaresma or Adam Johnson. Or it can be a fair deal if he develops into a Cuadrado. On the other hand, the quality of this transfer can also be related to how Draxler develops.
At this point we can look at it as a Coman-Draxler swap. We're letting a very talented 19 year old leave so we can get a very talented 22 year old. It's now a waiting game to see how will the talents develop.
:tup: word.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Percentage game I think, when it comes to you it's really hard to see anything other than moaning, complaining, usual sneering comments directed at Marotta and waiting for every opportunity to jump on that bandwagon, like last night... Or maybe I'm not here THAT much to notice anything else.
No, you intentionally ignore my posts when I praise Marotta because all you want to do is to prove that the criticism has no basis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)