Kingsley Coman (16 Viewers)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
your idea of a warm up is smoking 10 cigarettes before any activity

- - - Updated - - -

Training is for those who dont know how to play. :D
exactly

It's true to an extent. As an individual, if you're a forward and haven't learn how to shoot, pass, dribble and position yourself by the time you're professional, you're a lost cause. Training ain't magic.
never mind forwards, any position in general if you can't even do the basics then you are a lost cause

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

exactly

never mind forwards, any position in general if you can't even do the basics then you are a lost cause
Unfortunately it's not the case nowadayas. There are many so-called professionals who can't do those things, and they manage to play for big clubs. It's laughable.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Verona? Well I wouldn't say Verona would have been an ideal situation at 1-0. And add the fact that the "lowly" Padoin was one of the main guys that cemented the victory. But that's just me. Whatever, I'm done. Hope Coman will get his chances soon enough and most importantly will take them.
what about Hellas Verona the week before? Pepe, Padoin and Gio with a 4-0 lead at home preferred over Coman. what has Pepe done in the past 3 years to justify ANY playing time yet alone being preferred over Coman who actually did something when given a chance this season? or Giovinco? explain how he deserves to play before Coman. Padoin i could understand. he has been/still is actually useful to the team and puts in good performances from time to time. though i still think that his games are the ones like earlier this season when both Evra and Asamoah were missing (emergency starter). or when someone gets injured during the game and we dont have a replacement on the bench. not in a game we have already won at the expense of talented guys like Coman for whom these games might be the only chances to play at all. and im not even asking for him to get regular playing time and get all the minutes off the bench. but 3-4 more appearances (so far) over 2 guys that are finished/gone in the summer will not kill the chemistry (or whatever) in the team as being said in some earlier posts

- - - Updated - - -

were? still am captaining and managing my team to promotion and possibly a league title
what league are you playing in?

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
what about Hellas Verona the week before? Pepe, Padoin and Gio with a 4-0 lead at home preferred over Coman. what has Pepe done in the past 3 years to justify ANY playing time yet alone being preferred over Coman who actually did something when given a chance this season? or Giovinco? explain how he deserves to play before Coman. Padoin i could understand. he has been/still is actually useful to the team and puts in good performances from time to time. though i still think that his games are the ones like earlier this season when both Evra and Asamoah were missing (emergency starter). or when someone gets injured during the game and we dont have a replacement on the bench. not in a game we have already won at the expense of talented guys like Coman for whom these games might be the only chances to play at all. and im not even asking for him to get regular playing time and get all the minutes off the bench. but 3-4 more appearances (so far) over 2 guys that are finished/gone in the summer will not kill the chemistry (or whatever) in the team as being said in some earlier posts

- - - Updated - - -

what league are you playing in?
regionally east league

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I'm not saying swag is wrong but even SAF overlooked Pogba's potential. So, coaches aren't always right.
From what I gather SAF didn't overlook Pogba, but it was more down to the principle and his system.
The man liked buttseks with Paul Scholes. You can't rationalize that.

Also, swag's logic when it comes to giving preference to older players is pretty flawed imo. In that case, Bonucci should be earning more than Pogba because he was here before and has trained longer or he's gonna be offended.
It's not about age. It's not about money. It's not like everyone sitting on the bench is comparing salaries or birthdates on their driver's licenses.

It sounds like you've never had to lead or manage a team and thus never had to address issues that affected teamwork, team morale, bonding behavior to get people to work as a cohesive unit, etc.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Coman has played more under control than Morata almost every time he's been given an opportunity. Maybe it's different in training, who knows. Morata has talent but I just don't see the star potential I do in Coman.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
It sounds like you've never had to lead or manage a team and thus never had to address issues that affected teamwork, team morale, bonding behavior to get people to work as a cohesive unit, etc.
My entire career so far has been management from teams the size of 10 to over 100. First thing I tell people I interview (and remind when they are hired) is I don't care how long you have been in this role whether 3 years or its your first week if you are outperforming the person you are directly competing with for growth and hours then you will absolutely be rewarded. You don't play favorites and you certainly don't make people feel like that simply because they are new they won't be given the same opportunities to do a better job than those that have been here longer.

I'm sorry but that's management 101. You can't grow a business if there isn't healthy competition and someone right behind you reminding you daily that they might want it more.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Don't know about 10, but a pre-game cigarette or two before footie on Sundays is a must. You can call me Sócrates.

- - - Updated - - -

My entire career so far has been management from teams the size of 10 to over 100. First thing I tell people I interview (and remind when they are hired) is I don't care how long you have been in this role whether 3 years or its your first week if you are outperforming the person you are directly competing with for growth and hours then you will absolutely be rewarded. You don't play favorites and you certainly don't make people feel like that simply because they are new they won't be given the same opportunities to do a better job than those that have been here longer.

I'm sorry but that's management 101. You can't grow a business if their isn't healthy competition and someone right behind you reminding you daily that they might want it more.
Selling panties =/= coaching a professional football team.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Don't know about 10, but a pre-game cigarette or two before footie on Sundays is a must. You can call me Sócrates.

- - - Updated - - -

Selling panties =/= coaching a professional football team.
I don't do that. I run business(s) that gross between 2 to 22 million dollars annually.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

I'm sorry but that's management 101. You can't grow a business if their isn't healthy competition and someone right behind you reminding you daily that they might want it more.
Wasn't talking to you, H-bomb.

But you and I are saying the same thing here. Coman ain't done shit for Juventus yet, so you cannot use "oh he's young and has potential" as an excuse to bench someone who has demonstrated more current day capability in training camp than him. Even if Giovinco is on his way out. Even if Padoin gives you something you think you already know. None of that matters much relative to who is capable of giving the best at that moment... not 5 years from now.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Wasn't talking to you, H-bomb.

But you and I are saying the same thing here. Coman ain't done shit for Juventus yet, so you cannot use "oh he's young and has potential" as an excuse to bench someone who has demonstrated more current day capability in training camp than him.
I know, but you know how I am Swagdiddy.

We are essentially close to saying the same thing yes but you did say the same thing to him that you did to me earlier about disrupting the team envirornment. And my input is that competition is great and nothing should be down to anything but performance and not the time in position. Now, if the talent is there and yes he has done a few good things in the little time he has been given then it warrants an extra opportunity or two a month.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)