Kingsley Coman (19 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Aside from the spectacular goal last week, one great individual effort earlier this season that led to a goal, and some very impressive attacking that gets himself into positions to offer up some assist opportunities for the strikers. I'd be interested to see what more to his "end product" he would deliver if he was given some more PT.

Again, do you think Marchisio believed he couldn't contribute to the team equally as a 19 year old? Marchisio was on fire Conte's first season then had an unfortunate span of injuries that Lion brought up. How else is a young player expected to get better? By getting experience. Now, Juve must seem to think the kid is good enough for the first team because he is still here and hasn't been loaned out to get experience so there is obviously a spark there somewhere.
But every choice you make to put a player on is also pretty much a choice to bench 2-3 other players. I'd love to see more time on the pitch with Coman to see what he can do. But I am also a realist. I understand what tradeoffs are necessary of a club that's arguably one of the Top 5 in Europe right now where it's not Sassuolo where you get to play try-outs and develop new players every match where you take a comfortable lead.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
But every choice you make to put a player on is also pretty much a choice to bench 2-3 other players. I'd love to see more time on the pitch with Coman to see what he can do. But I am also a realist. I understand what tradeoffs are necessary of a club that's arguably one of the Top 5 in Europe right now where it's not Sassuolo where you get to play try-outs and develop new players every match where you take a comfortable lead.
Where one player gets benched another gets playing time. And where that player then gets benched another gets playing time. Its rotation and development all at once. Again, like I said it makes sense for safe options during some game situations but it also makes sense in others to say alright kid, show us what you can do.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
We haven't even begun to scratch the surface of what Coman can offer. As for as safety subs like Padoin we already know what we will get.
Scratch the surface :lol:

You say that about every single youth guy that is bought and given a run in our first team no matter how and if he even played at all.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
him 5-10 minutes at all above the rest of the squad, has he proved more then them? Time will come for him if he's that good.
this is amazing logic really. needs to prove himself as deserving minutes, but he shouldn't get minutes to proves himself.

10/10 logic :p

- - - Updated - - -

How old was Messi when he started getting regular playing time?
17 and he was starting in cl vs. mourinho's chelsea.

rooney was 16 in epl

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Hustini just knows better than Max, despite all the coaching and training sessions Max has with Coman. Clearly Max does not recognize the magnificent genius player that Coman is and how not playing him will cost him the title.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
this is amazing logic really. needs to prove himself as deserving minutes, but he shouldn't get minutes to proves himself.

10/10 logic :p
Nah, he should get playing time, but there is Coppa for that and maybe some games where he could het at least 30 mins. But to ask that we almost always would put him in the last minutes just for "trial and exp" is not very good and worth anything.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Hustini just knows better than Max, despite all the coaching and training sessions Max has with Coman. Clearly Max does not recognize the magnificent genius player that Coman is and how not playing him will cost him the title.
lol love the snarky comments.

Same reason Max plays him. He evidently does something in training to warrant "some" playing time.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
lol love the snarky comments.

Same reason Max plays him. He evidently does something in training to warrant "some" playing time.
Snarky, yes. But you have to admit: you are arguing from a position that you know that much more than the coach about what the team needs and what Coman's capacity is without ever having met any of them before.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Nah, he should get playing time, but there is Coppa for that and maybe some games where he could het at least 30 mins. But to ask that we almost always would put him in the last minutes just for "trial and exp" is not very good and worth anything.
Who is saying always? I'm really trying to take you seriously so I will give you the benefit of the doubt to produce some post somewhere that has an absolute like "always" in it.

And for the first part of your post, that's all some of us are trying to say. There are some opportunities that make sense for him to play.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Just like gio, all the coaches somehow missed that he will be a mediocre role player and not become next italian messi. Oh wait... Did they?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Snarky, yes. But you have to admit: you are arguing from a position that you know that much more than the coach about what the team needs and what Coman's capacity is without ever having met any of them before.
And you are arguing from the exact some position I'm in only for the opposite under the assumption the coach is evidently always right.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
agreed. my issue is sometimes we play tevz full 90 minutes when game has been decided long before. i wish we would rest him more often for coman when game is in the bag

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)