Kewell!? (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim_Boi

Oct 7, 2007
He'll take a space, and in the future it won't be easy to get other players with soo many players (so many of them not needed) in the team. Try to look at the bigger picture. next year our defence: criscito, chiellini, mellberg, andrade, zebina, sali, grygera, molinaro, de ceglie, Birindelli, Legrottaglie!!! and thats just our defence we have 11 players. Its gonna be difficult to actually find a space to WC defender next to all these players. kewell was once a decent winger but now he's injured 365 days a year!! Secco thinks that he's smart snapping all those free players but if we really want a WC player how can we afford his salary with all those extra players that we're paying for without even playing for team!!! pure stupidity from secoo "nothing new".........
What makes you so sure that Molinaro, Birindelli & Criscito will play for us next year. Molinaro is awful and I am sure that he will be sold & if I am not mistaken Birindelli's contract is over this year and I doubt that he will play for us next year. I really think that it would be a mistake for Criscito to comeback next season. It would be in his best interest for him to be loaned out for another year so that he can gain experience, instead of just warming the bench. I also expect Secco to buy two defenders and I am hoping that they will be Cristian Zapata & Grosso (one can only dream as long as Secco is at Juventus, tho)

Buy on AliExpress.com
May 22, 2007
Actually before his injuries, Kewell was a very good player.
If he didn't get injured at the slightest breeze, Id take him, but I have to agree. In his Leeds days he actually was good. Was part of the side which lost Man Utd or Arsenal the title wasn't he?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Kewell for free really isn't a bad move. We're going to need a deeper squad for Europe next season and Kewell could be a decent alternative to Nedved. Of course if we're bringing back Giovinco we won't need him.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
In his prime, injury free...of course we'll take him. but not anymore.

besides, Giovinco would be better to get...

The club needs to rid themselves of these type of players, not buy more.

mambos

Dec 29, 2005
Now I don't post often so listen good when I say this.

Harry Kewell is finished as a footballer.
No Liverpool fan wants him in their squad anymore.
Football forums are full of laughter after the news emerged that we were interested in Kewell.

He had all the potential to be a very good footballer. But now he's almost 30, has lost all his pace and frankly most of his ability to pass the ball as well.

I beg that we don't sign more Liverpool bench warmers.

Harry Kewell is a truly awful player at the moment and I see no indication that it will ever change again.

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
I want Ronaldinho ... Kewell is what we will probably end up with?

The club needs to realize we wont win titles without top players. Kewell helped Leeds get relegated ... what a hero.

Tell ur peanut brain to shut the hell up and sit down, frankly dont speak again.
Kewell actually brought the club of Leeds to a CL semi final and a bees dick to a league title you twat.
Now if you had any common sense you would realise that Kewell was well and truly at Liverpool when Leeds got relegated, the reason they got relegated is because some twat like you putting your hands in some one elses cookie jar.

As for Kewell his career is in dire straights he must move on from Liverpool he still has it in him to become a decent footballer once again but unforunatly luck and time isnt on his side anymore.
Grella has made these comments and i guess he would have never imagined it would have blown out to this.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Tell ur peanut brain to shut the hell up and sit down, frankly dont speak again.
Kewell actually brought the club of Leeds to a CL semi final and a bees dick to a league title you twat.
Now if you had any common sense you would realise that Kewell was well and truly at Liverpool when Leeds got relegated, the reason they got relegated is because some twat like you putting your hands in some one elses cookie jar.

As for Kewell his career is in dire straights he must move on from Liverpool he still has it in him to become a decent footballer once again but unforunatly luck and time isnt on his side anymore.
Grella has made these comments and i guess he would have never imagined it would have blown out to this.
True but the guy is injured all season long. I used to like kewell and i think he's a great player but getting him now would be a risk (we took this risk with andrade and now we regret it)......

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Now I don't post often so listen good when I say this.

Harry Kewell is finished as a footballer.
No Liverpool fan wants him in their squad anymore.
Football forums are full of laughter after the news emerged that we were interested in Kewell.

He had all the potential to be a very good footballer. But now he's almost 30, has lost all his pace and frankly most of his ability to pass the ball as well.

I beg that we don't sign more Liverpool bench warmers.

Harry Kewell is a truly awful player at the moment and I see no indication that it will ever change again.
Spot on!!!:pimp:
Besides, we already have an injury prone winger (Marchionni)
we need a permanent solution for that position and free players can rarely be the good, for squad depth, Salih, De Ceglie, Neddy and Marchio should be enough, even Palla or Giovinco could cover this position as urgent solution, we have squad player, what we need is world class starters!!!

Old Mellbergs and Kewells are not the answer!!

Juventino007

Jun 11, 2007
Posted on 4th of April i have bold parted the intimidating part

AC Milan have been heavily linked with the 29-year-old Socceroos star with Italian super-agent Giovanni Branchini - who helped seal Ronaldo’s move to the San Siro and land Fabio Capello the England job - a big hitter in player recruitment at Milanello. He is also a partner of Kewell’s agent Bernie Mandic.

Former Australian national team goalkeeper Zeljko Kalac has established himself as the Rossoneri’s first-choice this season and Kewell would have the perfect tour guide should a switch to Milan eventuate.

However, Milan are not the only Italian club chasing the attacking midfielder with Juventus and another Serie A outfit touted as possible destinations.

Turin giants Juventus are also in the hunt with Bianconeri coach Claudio Ranieri a long-time admirer of Kewell’s talent.

In assistant Christian Damiano - who worked under Gerard Houllier at Liverpool when Kewell arrived in 2003 - Ranieri also has an insider that knows just how good the Australian ace can be.

Despite having played less than 20 games for Liverpool during the past two seasons Kewell remains hot property on the transfer market with La Liga sides Valencia - a team in transition since the arrival of coach Ronald Koeman this season - and Sevilla keeping an eye on developments.

After a dazzling start to his Anfield career under Houllier, scoring 11 goals in 49 appearances in the 2003/04 campaign, Kewell’s career has stalled with long-term injuries seeing him spend more time on the treatment table than on the pitch.

Reds boss Rafael Benitez has stuck by his Aussie charge over the years, even picking Kewell in his starting XI for the 2004/05 UEFA Champions League final win over AC Milan in which he lasted less than half an hour, but he appears to have lost patience with his $A8.7million a year winger.

The emergence of Dutchman Ryan Babel should force Kewell - who suffered yet another injury setback while on Socceroos duty against Singapore late last month - out of Liverpool but rest assured he has a plethora of first class suitors offering him another challenge.

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
Sorry, Easy, but I don't really see what you're trying to say by comparing Kewell to Tiago or Almiron. The former is better than the Aussie and nobody has a clue as to why Ranieri seemingly won't even experiment with them. I believe Tiago is a damn good investment, more so than Kewell, but Ranieri is too stubborn to even give him a shot which is thoroughly disgraceful.

Kewell may not be a bad player, and in fact at Leeds he was great, but is he really better than the Nedved of today, currently, with the latter even being 34? I honestly don't think so and I would stick with Pavel, then use Marchionni if I had to.

And I don't believe Kewell is suited for Serie A anyway.

I concur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)