Kewell!? (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Kewell for free is solid option, at least for rotation and he is way better than Olivera who is also on our paycheck list.

On the hand I'm really sick of that our club is only linked with free agents, thesse transfer rumours are making our club look really poor, like we are some midtable club with no prestige. When I said free agents I firstly meant on players like Di Biaggio, Christanval, Mellberg and now Kewell. It's not that hey are bad players, at least the last two, but they are like someone said leftovers rejected by their clubs. Are we really felt so down that we are ready to take anyone for free?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Kewell for free is solid option, at least for rotation and he is way better than Olivera who is also on our paycheck list.

On the hand I'm really sick of that our club is only linked with free agents, thesse transfer rumours are making our club look really poor, like we are some midtable club with no prestige. When I said free agents I firstly meant on players like Di Biaggio, Christanval, Mellberg and now Kewell. It's not that hey are bad players, at least the last two, but they are like someone said leftovers rejected by their clubs. Are we really felt so down that we are ready to take anyone for free?
Just because we are linked with players doesn't mean we are interested in them.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Just because we are linked with players doesn't mean we are interested in them.
I know, but I can't remember theese kind of rumours before Callciopolli, plus in every rumour there is a little bit of truth except Tribal and Tuttosport :D

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I know, but I can't remember theese kind of rumours before Callciopolli, plus in every rumour there is a little bit of truth except Tribal and Tuttosport :D
I'm not sure there is.

I only pay attention to rumours when they are reported by several different sources, otherwise I'm quite happy to ignore them and put it down to medi BS.

You are right that they players we are linked with now are of a lower calibre than before, but that just reflects our current financial standing.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Harry Kewell is one of my favorite Liverpool players, it would be a shame to see him go. On the real, Kewell for free is probably a better investment than Almiron and Tiago for whatever they're paid to sit the bench.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
On the real, Kewell for free is probably a better investment than Almiron and Tiago for whatever they're paid to sit the bench.
I don't think so, and I don't think anyone in this forum would agree to that statement.

Liverpool sucks. :jvefan:

:hug: This smilie is so gay.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I don't think so, and I don't think anyone in this forum would agree to that statement.

Liverpool sucks. :jvefan:

:hug: This smilie is so gay.
Let's see its two guys who don't play for 10M a piece versus one guy who won't play for free. And he'd have a lower salary. I don't expect anyone to agree with me. Mathematically I'm right, though.

:juvefan2: Juve is silly. Have cookie.:cookie:

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
Let's see its two guys who don't play for 10M a piece versus one guy who won't play for free. And he'd have a lower salary. I don't expect anyone to agree with me. Mathematically I'm right, though.

No, your not. Juve could easily sell those 2 players and get money back, especially with Tiago who has many suiters. Whilst, your favorite player, Mr. Kewel, is 30yrs old, useless, injury-prone whom no top team with look at. He will probably end up with some mid table team in EPL, like Birmingham or Portsmouth with reduced wage because he's shitee. :jvefan:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Harry Kewell is one of my favorite Liverpool players, it would be a shame to see him go. On the real, Kewell for free is probably a better investment than Almiron and Tiago for whatever they're paid to sit the bench.
Sorry, Easy, but I don't really see what you're trying to say by comparing Kewell to Tiago or Almiron. The former is better than the Aussie and nobody has a clue as to why Ranieri seemingly won't even experiment with them. I believe Tiago is a damn good investment, more so than Kewell, but Ranieri is too stubborn to even give him a shot which is thoroughly disgraceful.

Kewell may not be a bad player, and in fact at Leeds he was great, but is he really better than the Nedved of today, currently, with the latter even being 34? I honestly don't think so and I would stick with Pavel, then use Marchionni if I had to.

And I don't believe Kewell is suited for Serie A anyway.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
even as a rotational player he would not really be needed. Giovinco is already ours and he should be the rotational player. Let's spend some serious cash and get a WC player instead.
Like Lampard, right? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)