Kaio Jorge - ST - Santos (18 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Footballers off the pitch arent just the same since this guy got so much attention and fame for his off the pitch lifestyle (amplify that by 1000 for players during social media age):

article-2117577-001FB93B00000258-866_634x803.jpg

:D

Was the trend setter with the luis vutton bags, a statement of status (and really, why do we care? Unless it effects their performance, Beckham for example was almost allways most hard working on a pitch) and since then, seems like its the norm for star players are youngsters who wanna pretend they are stars (EPL in general, and whole of Belgian NT :D).

becks-2631932a.jpg

Reminds me of this hilarious but sensible rant by Coleman (RB from Everton) years back:

Speaking to the Daily Mail, he said: "It's a big bad world out there in football and it's easy for a young footballer to be sucked into a certain way of life.
"If I see a footballer with a Louis Vuitton wash bag I wonder what that does to others.
"If you are the only young lad in the changing room without one then you feel that pressure that you need to go out and get one. Even if you don't want one or even like one.
"That's what I think is wrong with football. It's completely wrong. Your job is to train well and play well on Saturday and do well week in, week out. That's your job. Your job isn't to be going out and buying the best of everything just because someone else is.

Coleman recalled how David Moyes used to give him a tough timeCredit: PA:press Association
“But they feel they all need to have the best because of the pressure. They think they need to look good on their Instagram pictures. They think they have to follow the leader but they are just kids — boys.”
With the rise of social media, players are thrust into the limelight more than ever with everything they say or do off the football pitch.
And Coleman believes young footballers are becoming increasingly arrogant and don't like being told what to do.
He added: "The game has probably changed a little in that lads don't like being told but the fact is that you have to be prepared to take it and get on with it.
"When I got here David Moyes was tough with me too. Really tough, but it was the best thing for me. If you make a mistake, you need to do better. If a manager criticises you then he's doing it for a reason."

Last edited:

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
https://www.santosfc.com.br/en/sant...tram-em-acordo-para-negociacao-de-kaio-jorge/
Confirmed by Santos

- - - Updated - - -

Santos FC and Juventus, from Italy, entered into an agreement for the negotiation of striker Kaio Jorge this Monday (August 2). The Italian team accepted the terms of the Fish and the player will now be released to play in Europe.

“Juventus reached the conditions we presented and which we believe were the best at that time for the Club, given the scenario we found. Good luck to Kaio Jorge, another boy from the village that we're going to hope to follow his path well,” said Santos FC president Andres Rueda.

Born in Olinda (PE), Kaio Jorge is 19 years old and arrived in Vila Belmiro in 2013 to play in the sub-11. In the professional team, he wore the Santos shirt 84 times and scored 17 goals. Santos FC wish the athlete good luck.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
This is a good deal for us at those numbers. Looks like a player with some talent and he’ll hopefully be able to get some minute off the bench to develop and prove his worth.
Now let’s get a couple more new players through the door…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)