Juve's transfer campaign so far... (3 Viewers)

Vote on Juve's transfer campaign so far...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
Sorry, but that is utter bullshit. I agree that most of the teams you mentioned have a better quality squads than us, but you crossed the line when you mentioned Fiorentina.
And bayern man, we can take them on any day. Besides man he thinks fiorentina are better than us, just because his friends at goal are hyping up their transfer campaign

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Cronios:

Borriello will be 4th choice striker, and even likely to leave even if Paloschi gets loaned out. In comparison, Giovinco will be a starter for us in no time. And will be considerably more vital for us then Borriello will be for them. He had a good season, but to say he is proven is bit off, because he is anything but proven in a top team and will only be backup behind everyone for Milan (4 strikers compete for one striker spot, and he is dead last in the qeue).

And it De Ceglie being bought back half of is as much as a signing as the same being done with Borriello. Giovinco and Marchisio on the other hand were only loans. But nevertheless, are additions that strenghten our team.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
If we add an LB and Aquilani then this mercato would chance from a total disaster to a full success in the blink of an eye.
But we cannot judge by speculation and hopes that we will buy more and better players, that why the title of this thread says "so far".

I sense some ppl voted with the hope that we will bring more players, like when we got Poulsen instead of Alonso, ppl assumed we will also bring Stankovic too.
When we brought Knezevic some assumed we will loan Ivanovic too.

We have to make a new poll when the transfer campaign will be officially over!
Judge the facts only and no more false hopes and speculations!

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
I mentioned Borriello, because his age and status gives him a stage above the rest of the youngsters we and Milan have, i mean the guys cannot be called a youngsters at this age and he is not unproven when he could almost be the league's first score. And the main reason is that Milan paid enough fo the half of his contract to treat this as a transfer, that was a great investment comparing it to DC, Criscito last year, could be considered as a transfer in my eyes for the same reason. But i dont consider DC a transfer, neither Abbiati.

Borriello hasn't made a single appearance for Milan, yet you label him as a better investment than Criscito last year. How do you know that he'll be world class for Milan? Unless you have some predicting abilities, the point you made is worthless. Gila was a hell of a player before he joined Milan, and when Milan signed him, he was one of the best transfers for Milan, and yet when the season started, he choked for Milan. Therefore you can't say that Borriello is a great transfer for Milan. The fact that they signed Sheva and Ronaldinho AFTER they signed Borriello says it all really. Even the Milan directors don't see him as a starter there, that's why they brought another forward and Ronaldinho. AFAIK they paid 10m+ for half of Borriello's contract, only for later to buy Ronaldinho and bring back Sheva. I don't see how Borriello is a great investment for Milan.

Aug 22, 2008

This reminds me so much of goal.com.

You don't need to have the best team available team to win the CL, it has happened before look at liverpool and arguably milan of 2006. You think our team is a piece of shit, but its not, its actually good not the best but good. I wonder how can you say that bayern munchen are better than us? Especially considering that bayern haven't invested shit during this mercato (exept borowski) their defense is crap, every munchen fan knows this. They still have the same defense that got squashed by zenith 4 0 last year. You even believe that the violas are a better team than ours.

Your such a glory hunter dude, all your posts prove this.

:lol: Milan did not win a CL in 2006. it was 2007, and even then they had the best midfield in the tournement at that time, in Kaka, Pirlo, Gattuso & Seedorf. Bayern have a better squad than us, that is obvious."thier defence is crap" Lahm, Lucio & Sagnol crap? according to your logic, Grygera is a better fullback than lahm, Melberg is better than Lucio & Molinaro is better than Sagnol:D if thier defence is crap, i would'nt want to know what our defence is:lol:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Borriello hasn't made a single appearance for Milan, yet you label him as a better investment than Criscito last year.
It's even worse.
Borriello did play for Milan. The problem is he was awful when he played there and at the end they caught him using illegal substances so Milan had to get rid of him.

Btw, Cron, hats off for the old guard and the way they scouted talented kids throughout Italy.
In this case though, i don't think we should be giving much credit to Moggi for guys like Giovinco and De Ceglie. These guys were born and raised in Torino and when they were kids their parents made the choice to take their kids to Juve's youth academy.
Since they were talented they made it.
I don't think Moggi should be given a credit for Giovinco's mother giving birth to a son in Torino or Giovinco's father taking his little kid on trainings on the right side of the city.
The only influence Moggi had on these kids' careers is the mess he's done that led to Calciopoli and put us in serie B where there was a chance for the youngsters to show themselves.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
CL is a gamble hahhahaha. Ask yourself these questions, How many of our first team defenders would get in to the CL's top clubs first XI apart from Chiellini - 0 How many of our first team midfielders would get in to europes top clubs XI? possibly Camoranesi. Our strikers are a different issue, as we probably have the best strike force & GK in Buffon in europe. Real madrid, United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Barcelona, Inter, Fiorentina, Bayern munich have all got better quality squads than us. And yet you somehow believe we have a "reasonable" chance of winning the CL.
Why are you laughing,CL is truly a gamble,you cant just count on your players and tactics,you need luck to be on your side also when it comes to CL,look at the Monaco team that beat Chelsea,nearly every player on that Chelsea team was better in terms of quality against that of Monaco but as you saw,that motivated the Monaco players,and with a bit of luck they won..I get that our team is no way as strong as Chelsea,MU,Madrid or Barca..but when it comes to a CL match,its always the team with the better luck on game day,which will go through..

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
:lol: Milan did not win a CL in 2006. it was 2007, and even then they had the best midfield in the tournement at that time, in Kaka, Pirlo, Gattuso & Seedorf. Bayern have a better squad than us, that is obvious."thier defence is crap" Lahm, Lucio & Sagnol crap? according to your logic, Grygera is a better fullback than lahm, Melberg is better than Lucio & Molinaro is better than Sagnol:D if thier defence is crap, i would'nt want to know what our defence is:lol:
Your overrating Bayern. Lucio is not a good defender. In fact, he's a crap defender. The only Bayern players that I think would make it in any top team in Europe are Lahm and Ribery.

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
Its 2006 2007 you idiot.

Lahm defensively is crap, sagnol is past it, hes injured as we speak. I don't understand your logic, you always compare players head to head, how old are you?

It doesn't work that way my friend, its not just the names that make a team good. Might as well go support some other team full of names. Players that cost more than 10 million, EPL style.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
It's even worse.
Borriello did play for Milan. The problem is he was awful when he played there and at the end they caught him using illegal substances so Milan had to get rid of him.
Yeah, I know. But I meant that he hasn't played this summer for Milan.

Aug 22, 2008
Why are you laughing,CL is truly a gamble,you cant just count on your players and tactics,you need luck to be on your side also when it comes to CL,look at the Monaco team that beat Chelsea,nearly every player on that Chelsea team was better in terms of quality against that of Monaco but as you saw,that motivated the Monaco players,and with a bit of luck they won..I get that our team is no way as strong as Chelsea,MU,Madrid or Barca..but when it comes to a CL match,its always the team with the better luck on game day,which will go through..
You need luck AND QUALITY.. Our defence is a shambles. Gryerga, Zebina, Molinaro, Knezevic, Melberg are mediocre players. We've invested a toal of 400,000 euros on our defence & a total of 10million euros on our midfield. That clearly shows we have no intentions of competing for anything this season.

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
Your overrating Bayern. Lucio is not a good defender. In fact, he's a crap defender. The only Bayern players that I think would make it in any top team in Europe are Lahm and Ribery.

Word.

Even lahm defensively isn't that good, he gets out muscled and outpaced (a la criscito) by many physical attackers.

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
You need luck AND QUALITY.. Our defence is a shambles. Gryerga, Zebina, Molinaro, Knezevic, Melberg are mediocre players. We've invested a toal of 400,000 euros on our defence & a total of 10million euros on our midfield. That clearly shows we have no intentions of competing for anything this season.
We had the third best defense last season, and surely with the addition of melberg knezevic and de ceglie will do better. Poulsen will also make our back line stronger.

Aug 22, 2008
Its 2006 2007 you idiot.

Lahm defensively is crap, sagnol is past it, hes injured as we speak. I don't understand your logic, you always compare players head to head, how old are you?

It doesn't work that way my friend, its not just the names that make a team good. Might as well go support some other team full of name.
"it's 2006 2007 you idiot" then why did you state it as "2006", Milan won thier last CL in the year 2007, imbecile.

"Lahm is defensivley crap" That's not the point. The fact is he's a hell lot better than what we have.

You seriously needl help if you think that a defence that contains Knezevic, Molinaro, Legro, Zebina and Melberg can win the CL. :tup:

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
"it's 2006 2007 you idiot" then why did you state it as "2006", Milan won thier last CL in the year 2007, imbecile.

"Lahm is defensivley crap" That's not the point. The fact is he's a hell lot better than what we have.

You're seriously need mental help if you think that a defence that contains Knezevic, Molinaro, Legro, Zebina and Melberg can win the CL. :tup:
Because they say "2006 2007 season" not the other way around. Our defense isn't the best but its not as shit as you tirelessly state. The only player I agree being low quality is molinaro, all the others you stated are above average AND very good team players. For the last fucking time slowmo, you don't need to have the best team (or best defense) to win the Cl.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
How fucking bizzare to say Bayern have a better squad then us (not to mention Viola, wtf!!!).

Their defence is frigging average, Lucio if he played for us, we would TEAR our hair off. Did you see how he cost them the Uefa cup game against Zenit? Total joke. Sagnol is as finished as one can be, doesnt even play for them anymore (Lell, or Lahm RB with Janssen left). Lahm is their only top player in the D, and its mostly for offensively, he is a walk in the park player to face defensively. His liability in that regard was evident in the euros, in the Turkey game for one.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Cronios:

Borriello will be 4th choice striker, and even likely to leave even if Paloschi gets loaned out. In comparison, Giovinco will be a starter for us in no time. And will be considerably more vital for us then Borriello will be for them. He had a good season, but to say he is proven is bit off, because he is anything but proven in a top team and will only be backup behind everyone for Milan (4 strikers compete for one striker spot, and he is dead last in the qeue).

And it De Ceglie being bought back half of is as much as a signing as the same being done with Borriello. Giovinco and Marchisio on the other hand were only loans. But nevertheless, are additions that strenghten our team.
Agreed but thats not my point, i m judging the new managements additions and choices and comparing them to Milan's stregtheninn this year
Borriello hasn't made a single appearance for Milan, yet you label him as a better investment than Criscito last year. How do you know that he'll be world class for Milan? Unless you have some predicting abilities, the point you made is worthless. Gila was a hell of a player before he joined Milan, and when Milan signed him, he was one of the best transfers for Milan, and yet when the season started, he choked for Milan. Therefore you can't say that Borriello is a great transfer for Milan. The fact that they signed Sheva and Ronaldinho AFTER they signed Borriello says it all really. Even the Milan directors don't see him as a starter there, that's why they brought another forward and Ronaldinho. AFAIK they paid 10m+ for half of Borriello's contract, only for later to buy Ronaldinho and bring back Sheva. I don't see how Borriello is a great investment for Milan.
No no no, you misunderstood me, i didnt meant either of them is better,
i just said that, both those investments to get the other half of co owned players, were big enough to be deemed transfers, so include him as an addition to Milan's mercato!
At this stage, every addition is possible, we dont rate the player's performance, just their value and potential when we consider then as mercato objects!
Btw, Cron, hats off for the old guard and the way they scouted talented kids throughout Italy.
In this case though, i don't think we should be giving much credit to Moggi for guys like Giovinco and De Ceglie. These guys were born and raised in Torino and when they were kids their parents made the choice to take their kids to Juve's youth academy.
Since they were talented they made it.
I don't think Moggi should be given a credit for Giovinco's mother giving birth to a son in Torino or Giovinco's father taking his little kid on trainings on the right side of the city.
The only influence Moggi had on these kids' careers is the mess he's done that led to Calciopoli and put us in serie B where there was a chance for the youngsters to show themselves.
Glad you see that.
The guys responsible for our youth academy left along with the triade, after the Moggi era, didnt they?
Moggi should not be given any credit for Giovinco, but the men that were working by his side and were responsible for Giovinco should. His trainers and all the staff involved then should!
And the ones who realized his talent, before the scandal erupted!

When i see a talent like Giovinco raising from our academies and being spotted as such, then i will praise this management for this!
I personally heard the name Giovinco, before i heard the name Secco, so no praise for Secco on this behalf. Just like i ve been saying this for years and i m sure that you know as well!

At rest it was Giovinco's fate to be available at the time we were in B and had the chance to demonstrate his value, but again he would probably find his way in our team, even without this chance...

Alex66

Jul 14, 2006
:shifty:

And Alen, you missed the real point of this discussion. Its not about whether Juve was better in mercato, or bilan. The question is, did we brought the right players? QUOTE]

I'm not Alen but I can say you that you missed the real point, cuz in last few pages we are disscissing Milan vs. Juve mercato.

the SAD fact is that you're a real pessimist, and that you don't allow anyone to prove you wrong even for a sec. When someone bring facts you call them cheap shots or just ignore parts where they prove you wrong. And you just won't accept the fact that even our BOD did some good job, everything good that we managed you say it's thanks to Moggi. I have nothing personal against you, but you must accept others opinions and the fact that you're sometimes beaten in the argument.

And now Sonderos transfer is simply hillarious, he will replace Nesta while he is injured? :lol:

And about Roma and Riise, do you think it's fair to compare him to Molinaro?
At first yes, in last few pages we are disscissing Milan vs. Juve mercato. But I was refering to this thread. And the name of this thread is Juves transfer camp....
not Juve versus Milan mercato. My anser was on the question about our mercato. I dont like the comparsions between our mercato and the one of Bilan.
To your second point- Im not a pessimist, the only thing I want is that Juve should be perfect. And this transfer campaign wasnt nearby perfect. Im a perfectionist. I would be pleased and satisfied if we brought a WC defender and a creative mid.
I am accepting the opinions of others. But I can disagree about som points. I have told you only my opinion, nothing else. Its not like Im telling you whats right, or not.
I dont think, and I never told that Senderos can replace Nesta. Hes mediocre in my opinion(the truth is, I didnt saw many Arsenal games last season)
Tell me please, what time I have compared Riise to Molinaro

and the post I have replied was Goggo -s not mine:p

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
To end the Senderos v. Melberg debate. I have to say though that Melberg isn't half bad, though over the last few seasons Senderos has at times been brilliant. Then he's been crap, which is why he's on loan. Melberg is way more consistent. Then again standing next to Nesta probably makes anyone better, but this is about the present and not the future so Melly Berg wins.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
if you want to compare bayern to us then don't mention their defense because ours has a bit of an edge over their defense. They have a lot of unproven player like Lell, jansen and Breno who could be very good but not yet. Lucio is a sorry excuse of a defender and if you notice he always had someone whose having a good year next to him and if he doesn't then his deficiencies become really obvious.

Looking at the squad overall its even debatable but not the defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)