Juve's transfer campaign so far... (1 Viewer)

Vote on Juve's transfer campaign so far...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
My previous vote of 4 isn't accurate anymore now we have signed Iago we easily deserve 4.5.
i second that:jvefan:
with Ekdall and Iago our future is secured!
seriously, we have some options available we never had and those guys will have plenty of time to accommodate, if they are proved as good as we hope, we will have two extra solutions in the near future. Two extra quality players with no risks and no need to invest more.

These two moves are by far the best ones this management did, i thought the first one was random, maybe imposed by a manager or smth, but the second one proves we had smth in mind.
Maybe there really is a 5 year plan after all, but it will only start a little later than we assumed...

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
i second that:jvefan:
with Ekdall and Iago our future is secured!
seriously, we have some options available we never had and those guys will have plenty of time to accommodate, if they are proved as good as we hope, we will have two extra solutions in the near future. Two extra quality players with no risks and no need to invest more.

These two moves are by far the best ones this management did, i thought the first one was random, maybe imposed by a manager or smth, but the second one proves we had smth in mind.
Maybe there really is a 5 year plan after all, but it will only start a little later than we assumed...
Are you feeling okay?

That post is borderline positive. :D

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
why the hell are you guys so disappointed about our mercato???
let our youngsters get their chances
c mon be more optimist
-Because we didnt invested the money our owners said they will invest in the coming years...We were supposed to close the gap between the top teams, but they invested more than us instead...

-Because we didnt set and followed the right priorities, we ignored our decent past and made the same mistakes, we learned nothing from them!

-We didnt solve the problems that haunt us for 3 years, meaning the defense and the creative problems in the center of our midfield.

-We didnt respect our very limited transfer budget.
Because we over-payed for the players we bought, using the same amount of money we could have buy, more proven ones, or even better ones

-We didnt respected the five year plan, i supposed plan to build a top team, adding 1 or two top players per year.

-We sacrificed quality over quantity,by choice, not because we couldnt do any better,
whilst where are the ones that demonstrated to Inter+Milan, in the near past, that this is the way to victory...

-We have miserable failed once again to present our material in an way that would attract more buyers and discarding our useless material for decent sums.
(The Almiron+Tiago drama goes on)

-Once again we were owned by Fiorentina, for a third year, they invest less than us and they getting the same or better material, closing the gap between us.
When we instead are very keen to help them, with free or cheap players!
Despite the fact that they hate us, as they hate no other team and they only want to hurt us, they also happen to be our direct competitor for the 4th#

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007
I was too late to vote, but I'd give it a 6 and that's mostly because of the return of Giovinco, Marchisio and De Ceglie. Amauri was a decent buy, decent because he's a good player, but the price was way too high. Poulsen is a good purchase and he'll be very usefull this season. It could have been a lot better though with only one more transfer. If we bought Grosso it would have been a 9 IMO. He has the perfect age (De Ceglie's takeover in sight maybe), good defensive skills and good crosses wich would make the Amauri transfer even better.

The board has shown improvement over last summer, a small improvement that is, but still. I hope they will buy someone in januari if we're having serious problems that even they cant deny. Untill then I'll watch how this team works out in Serie A and CL.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I agree with both your positive and negative post Cronios :) (with demanding to see more refreshingly positive ones ;)).

But just a slight correction, Fiorentina has a better transfer director then us (and a coach who has keen sense for talent), hence more likely to do better transfers. But they didnt do better with less money, they actually spend more money then us, so they didnt invest less in transfers.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Zaim
Dont count our youngsters return, that was not a choice of this management,
it was choice made a long time ago and they didnt protest only for the wrong reasons. They are certainly no worthy of any praise because of that, this year at least...

Osman;
indeed, they have better managers, but hat is not an excuse for us...
They spent a lot of money this year, they were smart enough though to make more money than we did on the transfer market and we have to include the fact that they generally have less resources than we did.
But they grow faster and are generally making wiser choices than us, considering they always were a smaller team than we did...
We could learn smth from them.

And hopefully our team and managers will give me more reasons to make more positive posts! I will not overlook them, i also want to believe...

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
-Because we didnt invested the money our owners said they will invest in the coming years...We were supposed to close the gap between the top teams, but they invested more than us instead...
you don't know exactly what our board meant, when say said they'd invest xxx milion euro. no one said "we will have x m € for transfer fees and wages" or "we have xxx m € for fees and additional xx m € for the wages of the new players" so you cannot really say they did not nor you can say they did (except you have knowledge of the finance of the club).

-Because we didnt set and followed the right priorities, we ignored our decent past and made the same mistakes, we learned nothing from them!
there is a point to that, but as manager you do not always think about the worst case, so i guess nobody of the board thought that andrade would be injuried again so fast and chiellinis injury came also surprising (when the transferplan was already in effect and perhaps no more funds available for cover)

-We didnt solve the problems that haunt us for 3 years, meaning the defense and the creative problems in the center of our midfield.
if this problems were so serious i wonder why we made it twice to the topspot of the league and once third spot (in your 3 year calculation)... teams with such serious problems normaly don't go that high in a league.

-We didnt respect our very limited transfer budget.
Because we over-payed for the players we bought, using the same amount of money we could have buy, more proven ones, or even better ones
i guess neither you nor i are able to tell if the price of a player is too high.

i don't see a player who joined us for a high transfer fee without other clubs competing for him.

if amauri would not have been bought for this sum from this greedy zamparini and instead went to milan all of you would have cried like little babies that our board sucks and so on.

as long as no player we compete with does sign for another club that has less reputation without being paid better i cannot see how we do so bad...

-We didnt respected the five year plan, i supposed plan to build a top team, adding 1 or two top players per year.
you saw it with andrade ... buying only one top player is very risky, because if he gets injuried all your transfer efforts are equal to nil.

we did not have the depth last season, so i guess it is wise to go for depth to ensure international football next season, instead of spending on one big player that gets injuried or flops and we miss out on international football next season and so miss a lot of money we would have gotten to international football if we had a team with decent depth

-We sacrificed quality over quantity,by choice, not because we couldnt do any better,
whilst where are the ones that demonstrated to Inter+Milan, in the near past, that this is the way to victory...
"way to victory" and "milan" in one sentence ? can u tell me their latest result ... furthermore i don't think they did strengthen at all in their last seasons.

inter are another case as they have quality AND quantity ... you can't say that they would have been able to win the titles with only the quality of the first eleven... there is alwas someone injuried in their defense, so without their quantity they would not compete for anything

-We have miserable failed once again to present our material in an way that would attract more buyers and discarding our useless material for decent sums.
(The Almiron+Tiago drama goes on)
i agree that there might by some errors that lead to us not being able to sell the flops but as always .... later you're always smarter

-Once again we were owned by Fiorentina, for a third year, they invest less than us and they getting the same or better material, closing the gap between us.
When we instead are very keen to help them, with free or cheap players!
Despite the fact that they hate us, as they hate no other team and they only want to hurt us, they also happen to be our direct competitor for the 4th#
if they are really hating us, i wonder why the sold us chiellini ... as their project does include buying and developing great young players why would the do that if they hated us ?

furthermore fiorentina would not be so happy with the one point the got from the draw if they "owned us" ... they would be mad because they did not get all three points, but reading the opinions of fiorentinas coach and their player they are glad with one point there ... so it seems that they think theirselves that they can be happy with a lucky point against us ...

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
if we sucked in the mercato, then real madrid are doooooooomed !

i mean look they only really bought van der vaart (who is no addition, but an replacement for the injured sneijder) and a defender (garay). the other two new players cannot count, because according to cronios rules, the management are not responsible for bringing players on loan or half-owned back to the club.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
there will always be something to bitch about it was exactly the same when we reached consecutive CL finals
the message is always the same, the intelligence of the poster is only apparent by the language he uses not by the message
I bet some over here hardly know how to turn on their computer let alone understand how to rebuild a team that had reached rock-bottom
in two years time we went from serie B with points reducted to CL.
how often does that happen, you think
oh of course a kid who names himself after a striped horse knows a better and faster way to run a club back to it's glory days

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I could almost swear this guy is trying to become my nemesis and force me to unleash all my negative energy:angel:
But sometimes i do enjoy to debate with this lad, esp when he shows some respect and try to understand his fellow member!

you don't know exactly what our board meant, when say said they'd invest xxx milion euro. no one said "we will have x m € for transfer fees and wages" or "we have xxx m € for fees and additional xx m € for the wages of the new players" so you cannot really say they did not nor you can say they did (except you have knowledge of the finance of the club).
They did mentioned a certain 2-300 mil amount available for transfers a couple of years ago... I remember that many accused them that these are bad tactics and now many more teams will ask more money for a certain player, since we know we can affort him.
But my only fear was that they did only to impress some certain Juve fans who wanted to dream...

there is a point to that, but as manager you do not always think about the worst case, so i guess nobody of the board thought that andrade would be injuried again so fast and chiellinis injury came also surprising (when the transferplan was already in effect and perhaps no more funds available for cover)
Exaclty, but since we already this error once, shouldnt we try for a permanent reliable solution??
Buying a top quality defender should have been our number one transfer priority from the start, we gambled enough!!

if this problems were so serious i wonder why we made it twice to the topspot of the league and once third spot (in your 3 year calculation)... teams with such serious problems normaly don't go that high in a league.
Only because they had a crippled Juve in the their hands, still consisting of half a team of world class players.
Had they a lesser team to begin with, they wouldnt succeed in any of these.
So far they built nothing, but Juve's corpse was still strong enough to resist.

i guess neither you nor i are able to tell if the price of a player is too high.

i don't see a player who joined us for a high transfer fee without other clubs competing for him.
Comparing to the better players other teams bought and the price they paid to get players of greater value, then we can clearly see what i mean.
These is no chance that Poulsen could be as expensive as VDV
if amauri would not have been bought for this sum from this greedy zamparini and instead went to milan all of you would have cried like little babies that our board sucks and so on.

as long as no player we compete with does sign for another club that has less reputation without being paid better i cannot see how we do so bad...
Milan were in great need of a quality forward, but we didnt, thats the difference there. Why would we buy a player they needed instead of buying a player we need?

you saw it with andrade ... buying only one top player is very risky, because if he gets injuried all your transfer efforts are equal to nil.
to strengthen our team, we need to stack up quality players and to do that, we need to buy one every year.
Our youngsters already gave us depth, we only needed quality.
And above all, instead of 2-3 injury prone, or mistake prone players, we could have done better with a reliable one!

we did not have the depth last season, so i guess it is wise to go for depth to ensure international football next season, instead of spending on one big player that gets injuried or flops and we miss out on international football next season and so miss a lot of money we would have gotten to international football if we had a team with decent depth
The depth we had last season was proven enough for the third spot, we did not lost the better positions because of depth.
We only lost them because of the lack of quality, lost of determination and some tactic mistakes and strategical choices!
To make the next depth and compete with the best, we need more quality.
More mediocre players, will only secure an average position and furthermore will jeopardise our future hopes of upgrading our team to a better status.
Just of our team, we can hardly add any more quality players without off loading some of the trash we have now, first!
We could avoid than unnecessary step and bring a quality starter this year, we just wasted a year for a mere 10-20 mil. Maybe the cost of Tiago's sale...

"way to victory" and "milan" in one sentence ? can u tell me their latest result ... furthermore i don't think they did strengthen at all in their last seasons.
Milan should have invested more and make the lift up, a few years ago,
only because they won the CL and faced an embarko, their transfer campaign, was halted and they could afford to live in illusions.
But we didnt! We lost half of our squad in unnatural way, we were certain that our strength was halved and we ought to do more than they do to catch up.
Esp this year, we had the advantages they used to have, we participate in the CL and they dont, but still they got more quality players than we did and added them to their remainder of their quality roster.
They have other kind of problems, the transfer market cannot resolve, that hold them back, like the coach issue and the loss of political value and influence of their protector.
But this irrelevant in this discussion, they certainly had a better mercato than us and further more increased the difference of value in our team's rosters, at least on theory. What will happen on the field is another discussion and we can only speculate now...
inter are another case as they have quality AND quantity ... you can't say that they would have been able to win the titles with only the quality of the first eleven... there is always someone injuried in their defense, so without their quantity they would not compete for anything

i agree that there might by some errors that lead to us not being able to sell the flops but as always .... later you're always smarter
Inter's quantity of players were always superior, but they always lacked of quality when we compared our first elven teams.
Now they beat us both ways, there is no competition.
We must first try and build a competitive first team, able to challenge them and then, IF we can afford for more, we may add some high quality back up too.
But we are not building such a team. We are building an average-to good team instead.
Mellberg, Poulsen, Knezevic and Manningher can hardly help to fill that gap between us, ever... Those guys will never have no chance against their first team or even second teams choices.
They will only help us to compete with the lesser teams more efficiently. But when our remaining champions will retire and our team is full of Mellbergs and Poulsens, not even that would be enough...

if they are really hating us, i wonder why the sold us chiellini ... as their project does include buying and developing great young players why would the do that if they hated us ?
What, is this a joke? Do you even defy the Violas hate to us??

furthermore fiorentina would not be so happy with the one point the got from the draw if they "owned us" ... they would be mad because they did not get all three points, but reading the opinions of fiorentinas coach and their player they are glad with one point there ... so it seems that they think theirselves that they can be happy with a lucky point against us ...
Just like their coach said, this draw is equal of a victory for them.
Because of their absences, they new they would suffer, they new they had litle to none chances to score against or even turn tables without Mutu.
Grabbing such a result from their direct opponent for the 4th position, under those circumstances, with a man down and only seconds left, would be the maximum they could realistically get.
They were outplayed and deserved less, they know that and they are absolutely happy, that this fact cost nothing to them, over our common chase over the 4#
Maybe the next time, they will get the upperhand and dominate us, they have nothing to lose here,they can only improve from there!
They "sucked" and we still got nothing from them, imagine what will happen when they got better!
They bought more and better players than us, their team needs a bit more time to calibrate, but since they have a better coach and good material they can hope that they will soon be fit enough to challenge us.
They ranked pretty close to us last year, when were clearly the better team, so this year the have more realistic chances to do better since they strengthen their teams more than us.
This is how they think, they take on step at a time and if they keep going up, success is inevitable...

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
I don't think its fair to group Poulsen or Manninger in with Mellberg and Knezevic.

Manninger is a solid backup, and one couldn't expect better to watch Buffon play and step in for the odd game. Mirante might have been better, but would he be willing to play understudy at this stage of his career?

Poulsen is not what we wanted, and he's not as good as Xabi Alonso... but he is still a very good midfielder. Bringing in a guy like Poulsen really only harms Zanetti... as both Sissoko and Marchisio bring different sets of skills to the table. If Marchisio rises to the challenge, this will be a solid signing.

Amauri is a solid signing too. Not much needs to be said.

What makes these signings dubious is the clear shortcutting on the two most essential positions, LB and CB. Knezevic and Mellberg are not even as good as what we had before... which means, even if they were cheap, they were poor additions. The promise was one top player in each position. Right now, that's Amauri, arguably Poulsen, but definitely not Mellberg or Knezevic. That's 1.5/3.

If they had signed Amauri, Poulsen and Grosso, or Amauri, Poulsen and Zapata... the mercato would have been a rousing success. Right now, its mediocre at best.

I'm sure there was enough resources (cash, players) to add one legitimately WC defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)