Juve's transfer campaign so far... (4 Viewers)

Vote on Juve's transfer campaign so far...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
After getting our hopes up at the start of the summer insisting that we would buy a few world class players we have once again been let down by our board. We have signed decent players but failed to fix the problems in defence that were o so clear last year. We didn't make a world class signing in midfield and instead our 'world class' transfer was amauri, where up front was not really an urgent requirement at all, someone like diego milito would have done nicely. Very disappointing campaign.

Iago is the one highlight, it's good we are taking a risk on a youngster for a change.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Its been a pretty decent campaign this, nobody world class coming in but some pretty decent players... a world class player is no good if he fails to settle into the team... an average player ends up looking much better than he actually is if he fits in nicely into the team... poulsen is a decent signing, keeping giovinco has been the most important decision this summer... i don't know why truck loads of money was spend on Amauri but with Serie A, CL and Coppa Italia matches to play we might need extra legs up front... but 15.3 mil with nocerino and lanzafame is too much for him... compared to the disaster that was last summer this time its been better... and we have also signed Iago, one for the future... i doubt if he'll get any first team action this season though... not having enough cover at the back worries me... maybe this season Ranieri has only one plan... no matter how many your opponents score, score one more than them... having Buffon in goal kinda veils the fact of how really bad our defence is... if only Secco and co had signed a decent defender, we could have called this transfer window a moderate success...

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
a little miffed we miss out on Xabi, but our youngsters are back and will be involved in our campaign this season, we got Amauri who is already looking a great addition...but we didn't find a real partner for Chi and had to settle in the CMF dept....5.75

mondo1

May 14, 2006
we will see if it was good or not... but we clearly miss a cb and lb ... but only results will tell us if it was right to buy just poulsen and amauri or maybe both will fail who knows...

Jul 15, 2006
As I said 2 months ago I'll vote on September 2nd, I rate our mercato a 6.5: We haven't signed an adequate center-back or left-back, there isn't a creative midfielder(although Poulsen is good) and Amauri shouldn't have been top-priority.

Aug 22, 2008
so tell me zebre...why are you dissapointed?
It's simple. What improvement have there actually been made to last season's side? you'll find there has been little or none in terms of quality, depth is nothing, you can have as many players as you want in your squad, if there is little or no quality in it, signing those players have been a waste of time & money.

Last seasons team

Buffon

Molinaro
Legro
Chiellini
Grygera

Camoranesi
Sissoko
Zanetti
Nedved

Trezeguet
Del piero

This seasons team

Buffon

Grygera
Melberg
Chiellini
Molinaro

Camoranesi
Sissoko
Poulsen
Nedved

Del piero
Amauri

Only three real first team additions have been, Melberg, Amauri & Poulsen. Is Melberg that much better than Legro? not really, in terms of quality neither are poor centre backs, but neither are world class either. Is Poulsen that much better than Zanetti? Both are holding players, Zanetti is a better passer of the ball whilst Poulsen is more mobile, so both have thier strengths & weaknesses, but neither can be called world class holding midfielders, like Mascherano or Makelele. Is Amauri that much better than Trezeguet? No, because Trezguet is actually proven at the highest level, scored goals in the CL, Serie A & at international level. Amauri had not even not played at the highest level untill now, he's not even got a single international cap to his name.

In terms of quality there have been little or no improvement to the squad, or the strarting XI, is this going to increase are chances of success in the league or CL, obviously not:tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)