Juventus vs. Newcastle on 7-29-07 (10 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
i couldnt watch the match but i got somequestions...
-was andrade ok?
-from previous posts i couldnt see anything nice for tiago...wasnt he worth for sining? though i beleive he was a good player in lyon.
-were we good overall as a team precticing together for less than a month...?i mean r we on the right path?
Andrade looked solid enough, as did the defence as a whole except for a couple of slips.

Tiago was quietly effective. I'm not convinced that he can play with Almiron.

You could see that there wasn't a great deal of understanding between the players, but I'm fairly confident that will be sorted in time for the big kick off.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Yes, correct! We are still 4 weeks away from the start of the new season & short of match fitness to add to the fact that the new team is still getting to know each other. Secondly, Italian teams have a whole history of not taking these friendlies as seriously as most of the sides they play against for a variety of valid reasons. Time to start worrying should things go wrong when we play the games that matter!
thats true. beside would it really have been necessary to go all out attack and risk getting injured in a preseason friendly. its all about testing and getting fitness right.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
i wouldnt blame zebina for the peno because it wasnt even a peno, u can tell the way the player fell he was looking for it, but since the ref is a known newcastle fan i didnt expect alot in terms of fairness, not especially as we had more of a penalty appeal
It wasn't a pen but the mistake was already made by Zebina, and that was letting the player get goal side of him very easily.

OP
Vinman

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #845
    I watched the game,

we played bad guys....

few points:

1-Buffon is still the best in world,saved our ass cuople of times!

2-The defence looked shaky,no confidence,slowly....many balls where going trough there like nothing........we need a good CB along with Anrade!

3-Tiago & Almiron tried alot,they wanted,but they were just not good enough.

4-Neddy was fine,but missed a good chance near the end of th egame....

5-Molinaro-i liked alot more Chiellini & Balza.

6-Marchioni was fine,played pretty well.

7-Trez and Iaquinta did nothing,iaquinta dissapointed alot.

Palla was better then Iaquinta,Nocerino & Hasan played too few min to judge.

-----------

i know we're not ready yet,and Newcastle ready more,but it was a good show of reality of what we are up to.we must be better.
    Camo and Ale is must!
    new defender!
    +maybe one like VDV or more creative guy.

that's what i saw today.
    I can agree with everything except # 5

Molinaro was beyond bad...we better keep Chellini

I have two advices after this match:
    1) Get rid of Iaquinta and Boumsong as soon as possible.
    2) Buy a world class defender immediately !
    :D

BUMsong doesnt even play, and still gets slammed...I love it !! :p

Relax Vinny! It was only a friendly. It's clear that we need more time to "gel" and that Newcastle was obviously further ahead in their preparations for their league, whose season starts before ours.
    Angie, its not about the loss...its about had badly we played

I knew when I was watching the game that the excuse "we are not match fit" and "they are farther ahead in their pre-season preparations" would be coming out of the mouths of Ranieri and some people here, but having difficulties with simple passing is not an excuse, and neither is the fact that we only had 2 shots on net the entire game (Neddy in the first half, Marchionni in the second)

We never looked tired, but our tactics became ridiculous...when did we become a long-ball team ?? When did we start trying to replicate the tactics of the EPL ??
    When have we ever looked so lost in the final third of the field ??

Call it a coincidence, but we have a former EPL coach at the helm, who is average at best

The good
    Almiron
    Marchionni

The bad
    Tiago
    Iaquinta

The ugly
    The defence

Oh well it was just a friendly, and just the first one at that. Midfield play looked good. We weren't very sharp upfront, but I think we have potential. And seriously, give the new guys like Molinaro and Iaquinta a chance..
    Almiron I agree with, but Marchionni was average at best..I'm still waiting for him to arrive from Parma

Tiago could have done better... agreed, and Iaquinta was just horrible. This guy plays out wide to the right, getting into the space that the outside middie should be occupying...then, when he gets the ball out wide, he presses towards the net, and never thinks to cross the ball, but rather take shots from impossible angles...classic Iaquinta !! We wont mention that he completely whiffed on an easy shot...how can a professional miss the ball so badly ??

The defense was real bad, but I wont completely fault Zebina for the first goal. A pk should have never been awarded.

Otherwise, every time Newcastle attacked, the entire defense was shaky...Molinaro has to go- he is the BUMsong of the left back position, and Grygera isnt the answer in the center. Andrade was average at best, and we need another solid CB (Canna anyone ??)

Chellini must NOT be sold !!

p0rcupine_tree

love the art in yourself
    Feb 27, 2005
    i still admit that i see a very serious thing when both almiron and tiago cant play together...its a very dangerous thing...paying so much money for tiago and placing him on bench...or almiron...i believe they bought have to play together in the starting line up...
    i was also disturbed seeing criscito on bench y didnt he get any chance? is he on hiw way out???
    good for noccerino i believe he will be very usefull this year...

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    I saw the match and we were terrible
    desperate shooting on goal and the only ones who played good are the two who always play good - Nedved and Buffon
    except from them we looked really bad
    we were also slow and there was no connection between the players
    Juve have a new squad and it was well shown

Newcastle on the other hand looked great and fluent and they could be calm as they can expect a great season

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
    I would like Ranieri to try a Grygera - Andrade - Chiellini - Criscito defence. Not saying it will work but it's definitely worth a try. And yeah, I'd rather see Chiellini play centrally than Criscito - at least for now.

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
    well i didnt expect much from our first friendly. we'll get better, newcastle have been into their pre season alot longer than us and most of our players have only been in training and played against very very low end teams. but i what i dont get here is that everyone is taking it so fully heartedly, we'll get better its onyl a friendly not a CL game.

Jun 13, 2007
    here are my player ratings

buffon - 8 - made some incredible saves . he was just unlucky to have conceived 2 goals.
    andrade- 7 - he was solid and is well needed in juve's defense .
    zebina - 4 - he's sloppy , ineffective , and a waste of space in the pitch . He demonstared his lack of creativity with meaningless long balls with no purpose at all.
    molinaro - 5 - didnt really have a great game , he was stopped too easilly by the newcastle defense , but im sure he'l show his true potential in the coming frendlies .
    grygera - 6 - he had a fairly good game and didnt make too many mistakes .
    tiago - 6.5 -great vision but was unable to make the most of it this game .
    Almiron -8.5 was the most impressive player in the game . his passes are brilliant and creative . he is just as good defensively as he is offensively . a great acquisition by juve .
    Nedved -7- had a good game but wasted a great chance near the end of the game .
    marchionni - 6.5 - he was skillful and energetic throughout the game but could have made more from his chances .
    iaquinta - 5 - didnt like him today at all , maybe he'l do better in the coming games .
    trezeguet - 6 - was nowhere to be seen the whole game . he earns an extra 1 for trying hard even though no one feeded him with good passes .

subs : nocerino - the next gattuso ? soon enough gattuso will look like a timid kitten infront of nocerino .
    Salihamidzic : -
    Palladino : gave a nice pass to nedved near the end of the game . I prefer this guy over iaquinta any day .
    zanetti : -
    Chiellini : he was more solid than molinaro

negative note : juve's defense was very shaky . newcastle could have made it 4 or 5-0 easilly if it wasnt for buffon . they simply couldnt create chances . we lack creativity in the offensive midfield .

positive note : Juve are finally able to hold possesion of the ball . the nice short and simple passes can easilly lead to great chances if we had a creative offensive midfielder . Almiron was a great addition , the best addition so far imo

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
    Our defence is very worrying. Andrade and Grygera cannot play as CB together. Grygera might be better of playing as an RB. Molinaro wasn't really impressive at all, we should keep Chiellini. Newcastle easily got to our goal, thanks to Buffon Almighty the score just ended with us losing by two goals. Along side him, Almiron and Marchionni were the best on the field.
    Besides the easy chance he wasted, Nedved was pretty solid. Moved around alot, passed the ball and shot on target whenever he got the chance. Trezeguet wasted a couple od chances and was not concetrating at all. Iaquinta was off form. When Palladino came in our offense started to move better.
    Once we got Almiron, Tiago and Marchionni out for Salihamidc, Zanetti and Nocerino our craetivity and spark was lost but we were more deffensively solid. I am feeling the best solution is to play Almiron along side Zanetti. This way we get more balance between offense and solidity.
    At the back I'd like to see Grygera play as RB, Andrade and either Legro, Boumsong or Criscito as CB and Chiellini as LB.

It is a fact, a CB is really needed.

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    For all you guys using when newcastle started their preseason and when we started ours, can you also equate that with when serieb finished and when epl finished? I think footballers are not get too many vacations anymore. Its almost like just 3 weeks ago that season finished but I am sure it was longer. I am not even interested in the results, its the fact that in preseason, the point is getting every1 fit. So why are someplayers just getting 6 minutes, some not playing at all while others are getting 90 minutes? What exactly is the point of that? How can Ranieri come out and say it was about fitness if he seemed to be taking the game as serious as Cl final. Who is organising these matches anyway? You play in the northeast of England 1 on sunday, go to Germany on wednesday and then come back to the north east next sunday. Even if these guys were fit, this would have been tiring with all the travelling, talk less of guys who are not match fit yet. It just seems a very strange way to organise friendlies. They even wanted to take these boys to play at Hearts after the Sunderland game but our stock has fallen so much that Hearts are declining to play against us. Add that to the fiasco of Coventry, don't these guys know we are at building fences stage and cannot be scoring own goals in the PR department? I don't think its fair for me to pass judgement on Milinaro because i have never seen him play but others I do know about so I know their capabilities and I must say they have to go to the transfer market and overhaul that defence as it looks suspect at best and shambolic as worst. It was not about fitness, it was more decision making that I found worrying.

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    here are my player ratings

buffon - 8 - made some incredible saves . he was just unlucky to have conceived 2 goals.
    andrade- 7 - he was solid and is well needed in juve's defense .
    zebina - 4 - he's sloppy , ineffective , and a waste of space in the pitch . He demonstared his lack of creativity with meaningless long balls with no purpose at all.
    molinaro - 5 - didnt really have a great game , he was stopped too easilly by the newcastle defense , but im sure he'l show his true potential in the coming frendlies .
    grygera - 6 - he had a fairly good game and didnt make too many mistakes .
    tiago - 6.5 -great vision but was unable to make the most of it this game .
    Almiron -8.5 was the most impressive player in the game . his passes are brilliant and creative . he is just as good defensively as he is offensively . a great acquisition by juve . Nedved -7- had a good game but wasted a great chance near the end of the game .
    marchionni - 6.5 - he was skillful and energetic throughout the game but could have made more from his chances .
    iaquinta - 5 - didnt like him today at all , maybe he'l do better in the coming games .
    trezeguet - 6 - was nowhere to be seen the whole game . he earns an extra 1 for trying hard even though no one feeded him with good passes .

subs : nocerino - the next gattuso ? soon enough gattuso will look like a timid kitten infront of nocerino .
    Salihamidzic : -
    Palladino : gave a nice pass to nedved near the end of the game . I prefer this guy over iaquinta any day .
    zanetti : -
    Chiellini : he was more solid than molinaro

negative note : juve's defense was very shaky . newcastle could have made it 4 or 5-0 easilly if it wasnt for buffon . they simply couldnt create chances . we lack creativity in the offensive midfield .

positive note : Juve are finally able to hold possesion of the ball . the nice short and simple passes can easilly lead to great chances if we had a creative offensive midfielder . Almiron was a great addition , the best addition so far imo
    Are you sure thats all, why didnt you give him 10 out of 10 after all, he was so visible in the second hal , I could not see anything else on my screen. He was good but he did not deserve more than 6

Jun 13, 2007
    almiron was the only juve player who didnt have a shitty game . he had a great game , he was the tiny spark of creativity juve had and prevented many newcastle attacks .

Maybe compared to newcastle's players he would be just above average , but compared to juve's players he was simply the best without a doubt .

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    Thats it. I'd had enough of transfer speculation a while back and now I've had enough of pre season.

This is a total over reaction to a friendly. Yes, we were poor but it is a friendly.

Newcastle are fitter than us cos our season starts later than thiers. We are playing a new system and a new style. It was not a full team we played. The players don't know each other. Some players won't have settled at Juve yet. Their is an endless list of things to work on.

That is what friendlies are for, getting rready for the season. If everyone was fit and ready to go instantly, no-one would bother with friendlies. Given how many changes their have been at the club this summer, I expect it will be at least October before we find out what our best team is and the players have gelled into a unit, which is partly why the Scudetto isn't likely this season.

Calm down folks, its just a fucking friendly!!!

Jul 26, 2007
    I couldn't watch the game but i read all the comments and yes.. i think its only a matter of time to improve this juve play, and relax a little, this was just our first real test, but only TEST so we can repair our errors now and not in serie A. However, i trust that andrade, iaquinta, and some others players can play better, maybe with DP and camoranesi we may play better but is only a matter of time. Remember, this was just a friendly and not with inter or milan, just with an england club who was more prepared than us NOW, calm down, we have time yet and i really hope that this juventus can reach important thing in the near future :)
    remember, we still being JUVENTUS!

BTW, anyone have some highlights??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)