Juventus vs. Newcastle on 7-29-07 (9 Viewers)

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
People are just looking for reasons to blame Iaquinta for his mistakes. Dont judge him until you have seen him play a whole season for Juve. Look at Drogba, 1st season at Chelsea he was disappointing, 2nd season, he blitzed it! Same goes with Sheva. Drogba and Sheva will do really well this season together IMO.

Buy on AliExpress.com

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
People are just looking for reasons to blame Iaquinta for his mistakes. Dont judge him until you have seen him play a whole season for Juve. Look at Drogba, 1st season at Chelsea he was disappointing, 2nd season, he blitzed it! Same goes with Sheva. Drogba and Sheva will do really well this season together IMO.
This going to be Drogba 4th season at Chelsea, incredibly as that may sound. He was alright for 2 of them but awesome in the 3rd season.

But that is not the issue, he was great at and is an awesome force for the Ivory Coast whilst Sheva has always been an awesom force his whole career till last season

But Iaquinta has always been an average player so you cannot expect him to suddenly score 20 goals a season at Juventus, so that is why the antipathy. It is not like we bought a great player and expecting much from him, to many we but a dud in the first place and so far he has not done anything to assuade our fears.

Remind me how many goals he has scored in any of the games they have played? Against any opposition? The longer it goes on the more anxious and selfish he would become and thats never good.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
I agree on that one. Iaquinta is being crucified after a couple of pre-season games. Like I said before if we fail in our objective to at least get a CL spot then you can start blaming people.

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
This going to be Drogba 4th season at Chelsea, incredibly as that may sound. He was alright for 2 of them but awesome in the 3rd season.

But that is not the issue, he was great at and is an awesome force for the Ivory Coast whilst Sheva has always been an awesom force his whole career till last season

But Iaquinta has always been an average player so you cannot expect him to suddenly score 20 goals a season at Juventus, so that is why the antipathy. It is not like we bought a great player and expecting much from him, to many we but a dud in the first place and so far he has not done anything to assuade our fears.

Remind me how many goals he has scored in any of the games they have played? Against any opposition? The longer it goes on the more anxious and selfish he would become and thats never good.
im not expecting Iaquinta to score 20 goals but i think he has the ability to if he keeps on form and puts away the chances he is given. He is a determined player and that is what we need right now, players who are here to help us get back to the top, where we belong!!

David01

Aug 20, 2006
im not expecting Iaquinta to score 20 goals but i think he has the ability to if he keeps on form and puts away the chances he is given. He is a determined player and that is what we need right now, players who are here to help us get back to the top, where we belong!!
he will score 15 a season

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
lucky? i believe when u are selected for wc.. you are not lucky.. and besides that lippi goes for ability.. i'm sure iaquinta got the ability to conviced lippi.. not a world cup material? so who's a world cup material to u? iaquinta scored against ghana.. and i dun find it a lucky goal.. he work hard for it and he chased for the ball to make kuffour like a fool..
Actually he was pretty lucky to score that goal. He has the speed, power and skill but also lacks something.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
i don't see it as a lucky goal.. he pressured kuffour..
It was a clean ball for Kuffour. All he had to do is pass is it with more power to Ghanaian GK. In the worst case, he could have kicked the ball into corner or out-line but he chose the worst solution and no wonder Iaquinta stole the ball.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
i believe every strikers got his own pro and cons.. no strikers is perfect.. and i'm surprised that some of you here criticised him before the season even start.. and as a juve fans.. its really unfair to him for judging him to early.
I believe he will score at least 15 goals this season but he is not the most elegant of players. I guess that is why people tend to think less of him. I agree that we should give him the benefit of the doubt. I just don't like his way of playing. He looks like he has a wood leg at times.

Mar 28, 2007
It was a clean ball for Kuffour. All he had to do is pass is it with more power to Ghanaian GK. In the worst case, he could have kicked the ball into corner or out-line but he chose the worst solution and no wonder Iaquinta stole the ball.
but still, he pressured kuffour.. and yes.. u may be right that he can kick the ball into corner or out-line.. i agreed with u.. but if u look carefully.. iaquinta over ran kuffour and pressure him and prevent him from passing hard to kingson..

Mar 28, 2007
I believe he will score at least 15 goals this season but he is not the most elegant of players. I guess that is why people tend to think less of him. I agree that we should give him the benefit of the doubt. I just don't like his way of playing. He looks like he has a wood leg at times.
we dont expect every of our players to perform in every match right? to me, each players has it own playing style.. anyway.. u have your right for not liking his playing style.. :D

David01

Aug 20, 2006
I welcome him and I will never be critical after a couple friendlies. I can only hope he will succeed cuz that way Juve will be better.
But I like DP or Nedved better then Trez because I like their style better even though they are very different. I know Iaquinta has his qualities after all he is a member of Itlaly's national team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)