Juventus VS Chelsea - Your Views on Chelsea (1 Viewer)

Nov 19, 2012
Hi Guys. I'm a regular poster of the forum The Shed End (Not allowed to provide link) and was interested in what you think about Chelsea F.C. As you know, tomorrow is the make or break clash for both teams if they want to proceed to the next round of the competition. It is no doubt, our biggest game of the season. As a Chelsea fan, I just wanted to ask you the following questions:

1) Chelsea were crowned European Champions last season by playing a more efficient type of football. What did you think of the way we played? Did we play well or were we just lucky?

2) What did you think of the Oscar goal in the first leg?

3) You went on a very impressive unbeaten run, how did it feel to finally lose?

4) What are you feeling on the coming game? You've been branded favorites for this clash

5) Do you feel Chelsea can cause you problems? What areas of the pitch in particular?

6) Who is Chelsea's danger man in your opinion? Who is the weak link?

7) How far do you think you can go in this years Champions League?

Thanks for your time, and any other comments would be greatly appreciated. Try to keep the bashing to the minimum ;)

Hope for a good game tomorrow. I predict a 1-1 draw.

(I will pick the best answers to post on our forum -The Shed End)

Cheers!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Hi Guys. As you know, tomorrow is the make or break clash for both teams if they want to proceed to the next round of the competition. It is no doubt, our biggest game of the season. As a Chelsea fan, I just wanted to ask you a few questions.

1) Chelsea were crowned European Champions last season by playing a more efficient type of football. What did you think of the way we played? Did we play well or were we just lucky? In some ways yes, as you were outplayed throughout the competition but if you take your chances and other teams don't then fair enough. Having a quality striker in Drogba clearly helped.

2) What did you think of the Oscar goal in the first leg? He'll never score the same again, but it was a quality goal.

3) You went on a very impressive unbeaten run, how did it feel to finally lose? Devastating but looking at the way we were playing before we became complacent every game we've played after the Inter one, we looked much more like our usual self from last year.

4) What are you feeling on the coming game? You've been branded favorites for this clash Nervous, of course Chelsea are a very good side but we have to believe in our players and we have one of the strongest squads in Europe aswell.

5) Do you feel Chelsea can cause you problems? What areas of the pitch in particular? Hazard and Mata are clearly talented and we have to starve the service they receive, the game will be won in midfield and if Juventus's MVP turn up I think they will cause problems for every team in Europe.

6) Who is Chelsea's danger man in your opinion? Who is the weak link? Mata, he's been your most lively player this season. Weakest link is probably David Luiz(No explanation needed)

7) How far do you think you can go in this years Champions League? IF we can pass the group and get a favourable draw then I feel we can get to the semi's. As mentioned our defence and midfield is better than most teams in the World, it's our attack that lets us down.

Thanks for your time, and any other comments would be greatly appreciated. Try to keep the bashing to the minimum ;)

Cheers!
Hi mate,

Welcome aboard.

I've answered above in Red.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Hi Guys. I'm a regular poster of the forum The Shed End (Not allowed to provide link) and was interested in what you think about Chelsea F.C. As you know, tomorrow is the make or break clash for both teams if they want to proceed to the next round of the competition. It is no doubt, our biggest game of the season. As a Chelsea fan, I just wanted to ask you the following questions:

1) Chelsea were crowned European Champions last season by playing a more efficient type of football. What did you think of the way we played? Did we play well or were we just lucky?

You were very lucky, but dogged defending does have its virtues.

"FUCK!!!" was the first thing that came to mind at that time.

There is some disappointment to not break Milan's record but one could feel that it was starting to get to the players.

4) What are you feeling on the coming game? You've been branded favorites for this clash

Cautious optimism.

5) Do you feel Chelsea can cause you problems? What areas of the pitch in particular?

The attacking trio of Hazard-Oscar-Mata is a very big threat especially on the counter.

Juan Mata the danger man, the CBs are probably the weak link.

Semifinals would be fantastic.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005

I don't believe in luck, it was karma... you guys deserved this because of the hard fought years where you missed out cause of extremely bad luck or refferee mistakes/bias. This was a deserved luck IMHO. Players like Lampard, Terry (as a player), Essien, Drogba, Cech have deserved that medal overall. That was like an Oscar (no pun) for overall career.

First thought: "did that kid just pull an a la Del Piero on Buffon?" :shocked:

Shockingly refreshing to be honest. Weird, but that's what it felt like.

Just no idea wtf to expect.

I honestly thin we're our own worst enemy (in front of goal).

Oscar's fearlessness and cheekiness. Weakest point is negativity.

Semis.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
I enjoy that kind of football and thought Drogba was absolutely brilliant in that run to the final.

Great goal, obviously.

It wasn't surprising at all. Juve hadn't been playing well for weeks beforehand but had been beating poor teams.

I'm pessimistic. I'll be even more so if Giovinco starts, which I expect he will. I don't think Juve have played particularly well for most of this season, but have been getting away with it in Serie A.

Juve are weakest up front. A lot of the goal threat comes from midfield with Vidal and Marchisio. In this game, they'll have their hands full with Chelsea's attacking trio and may not be able to get into the box as much as usual. If Chelsea get quick players like Cole/Azpilicueta/Hazard/Mata/Torres in the channels outside Barzagli and Chiellini and behind the wingbacks that can cause Juve problems too.

On the other hand, Juve need Giovinco to perform if Vucinic isn't fit. I don't really have any faith in him though. Juve could also do with Bonucci having a good passing game. I expect Oscar to stick to Pirlo, but with just Torres up against the three CBs, they should have loads of the time on the ball. Bonucci gets a lot of stick on here for his long passes, but I think it's largely undeserved. He's easily the best on the ball of the three CBs. Barzagli can be decent at bringing the ball forward though. Chiellini having the ball at his feet gives me heart attacks.

The threat all comes from Mata, Oscar and Hazard. If Chelsea can get their full backs forward that could be dangerous too. Juve only have one wide player on each side so the full backs could double up on them with Mata and Hazard. Chelsea probably won't want to leave their two CBs isolated against Juve's two forwards though.

The weakest link is probably Mikel. He wasn't tracking Marchisio's runs at all in the first match and Juve should've done more to capitalise on it. I couldn't believe Di Matteo didn't do something to address it during the match. The centre of Chelsea's defence is potentially another weak point. Unfortunately, Juve aren't well equipped to exploit that. Especially considering Vucinic probably won't be fit.

Going out in the group stage I'd say. I've been surprised at how good Shakhtar are. I thought they were excellent against Juve.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

Hi Joey. :)

"Playing a more efficient type of football" is a euphemism for "boring, dirty catenaccio" when it's coming from an Italian team. I find it funny how the descriptors change based on where the team is from.

I think Chelsea played smart football and executed it extremely well. They believed in their system, the executed to it, they capitalized on opportunities. And, like most CL winners, yes some luck was involved.

Fantastic for one match. But the history of football is littered with one-match wonders who never live up to it again when the stage gets bigger too. So I don't make much out of it. Promising player, but anybody can be on their day.

Kind of a relief in a way. It should have been against Fiorentina earlier. It's distracting when you're playing for records and not so much focused on just winning.

And luck was clearly involved too. Just think of how often a team has a player sent off and that changes the match. This is why runs like that are so rare. (That and Serie A is a shadow of its former self.)

The home club should be considered favorites among rough equals. But this is no easy match.

Always. But what our team lacks this season is clinical finishing the way that some Chelsea players provide. Juve could outshoot Chelsea 9-3 and still lose 2-1, and that may have little to do with keeping.

Our counterattacking isn't up to par this year, and Chelsea has a great edge there.

Mata is always a threat, but by himself he's someone Juve have proven themselves capable of handling. So I'm more worried about the wildcard -- the aggressive play from a midfielder who can transition between places on the pitch and is a threat to score. So Oscar would be my vote. He's a little like our Arturo Vidal in that sense.

As a return season after being absent for so many years, I'd feel the quarters would be a good step.

And yes, I predict another draw. :sergio:

Cheers

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008

its a results business although the purists and neutrals would have liked the better football to prevail. u earned ur place, u suited up and at the end the trophy is yours...

the kind of goal that you just have to applaud regardless of the side you stand on

honestly we saw it coming..we've been playing poorly but have been winning because we are very strong as a unit...but it doesnt excuse the poor passing poor communication poor conversion and lack of hunger, intensity and our pressing game was out the window..i think we have regained that to some extent. the loss to the ultimate scum of the earth was the slap we needed. before inter chelsea may have had it easier...now, we're out for blood..

dont know about the favorites tag. its 50-50. the side that doesnt show up will be made to pay on the day. us being favorites is just another marketing gimmick by the british media for their league. they dont think much of us or our league.

mata oscar and hazard...we cant be flat footed around those two and our big defenders will have to be on our game. off course our mids will have to stifle them and im sure marchisio and vidal can do just that. up front we can be the cause of our demise as we need to convert our chances...

Mata. he's been everywhere for chelsea and helps them tick. weak link wil be bertrand (up against lichtsteiner or isla), mikel (will be played off the park by MVP) and torres (he'll take care of himself :lol:) that is if if he plays

all the way. people say semis but fuck it if we made it that far then who's to say we cant make it all the way? conte would light a fire under their asses and have them 200% focussed. of course if we make it out the group we'll probably invest in a top tier striker in january hopefully so this would be heaven. scoring goals makes dominating matches so much easier.

Cheers!

- - - Updated - - -

you know i was thinking. if one of us were to post the same questionaire on chelsea fan forum they'd be like..."dafuq is juventus?"..gotta hand it to this board we dont close our minds to one league and one team we're versed in most of the top leagues..:tup:

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005

Really really lucky...and Drogba.

Fantastic.

Losing didnt suck much, it was the opponent we lost to that really sucked.

Very confident, easy win for us.

Only area of the pitch Chelsea will cause any problems is in your half just around the penalty box.

Not one, but 11 danger men who will park the bus right from the wistle, your golie is the weak link and probably gifting us the tie.

I'd be happy with a win in the final, Semis would be pretty awesome, quaters would be realistic and getting through the group stages will make Marotta cum so hard he will suck and shoot his bad eye through his penis.

Cheers!
Welcome to the Tuz :) Your prediction sucks :p

There is no way you are scoring a goal, if its a draw its 0-0.

It will be a 2-0 win though.

OP
Nov 19, 2012
  • Thread Starter #12
    WΏΏdy;3933258 said:
    Welcome to the Tuz :) Your prediction sucks :p

There is no way you are scoring a goal, if its a draw its 0-0.

It will be a 2-0 win though.
    Very interesting answers. Petr Cech is our weak link? ;O

Glad you're confident though :)

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

you know i was thinking. if one of us were to post the same questionaire on chelsea fan forum they'd be like..."dafuq is juventus?"..gotta hand it to this board we dont close our minds to one league and one team we're versed in most of the top leagues..:tup:
    Very narrow minded of you to think that. I find our forum to be very unbias and accepting of other teams and leagues in the world. You will find we appreciate talent all over the world. We're not all glory hunters at Chelsea ;)

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jan 30, 2008
    To be honest mate, the Italian league isn't very popular amongst Premiership fans and only a small minority really watch it. They seem more towards the Spanish and German league these days.

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008
    To be honest mate, the Italian league isn't very popular amongst Premiership fans and only a small minority really watch it. They seem more towards the Spanish and German league these days.
    ive browsed redcafe and chelsea and arsenal forums and they dont know fuck about the italian league...i know what im talking about

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Cech is subject to some real howlers now and then. You have much stronger players in other positions. But then the keeping quality in the EPL isn't on par with other positions when comparing with other leagues.

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005

Glad you're confident though :)

- - - Updated - - -

Very narrow minded of you to think that. I find our forum to be very unbias and accepting of other teams and leagues in the world. You will find we appreciate talent all over the world. We're not all glory hunters at Chelsea ;)
    Interesting questions, without sounding like a broken record I pretty much agree with the other people here :p

What's your forum btw?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)