Juventus VS Chelsea - Your Views on Chelsea (1 Viewer)

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008
To be honest mate, fans aside. Every pundit has limited or zero knowledge on Italian football in the UK. Bar James Richardson, the rest of them are clowns. Look how the BBC and ITV only seemed to discover Pirlo in the last Euro competition. When he's been one of and still is one of the greatest midfielder's of his generation.
i remember when mina rzouki got hysterical over some guy claimin cabaye was better than pirlo lolol

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Has anyone heard of a player named Zlatan something? He signaled his arrival on the world stage last week.

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
To be fair to the guy, I (as a Chelsea fan) have read that forum on occasion and they're not as bad as others, there's also a guy who supports Juve I think.

Most of them are doom merchants over there, like cronios here, makes for an interesting read lol.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
When he's on his game. He went a season or so not mentally in it, it seemed.

Cech still has his moments. But to be honest, the best keeper performances in recent years I've seen involved the odd likes of Marchetti or (in the past) Julio Cesar, etc.
Jpe Hart is better than both. When you only watch Serie A, you see keepers for a whole game. While when it comes to other leagues, you only see the bloopers or when they concede. There's plenty of good GK's in EPL and they actually have a harder job seeing as they're going against much better strikers than the likes of Boriello and Amauri.

He's partly right, though. Deeper pockets and a lack of defensive emphasis in the EPL has made a sort of natural selection in the league for faster players.

A player like Theo Walcott would be pretty useless in a league like Serie A, for example.
He'd work alright. More useful than Gio I bet. Can make clever runs, great speed and decent finishing. I wouldn't mind a swap.

And who is to blame for people not watching Serie A? None other than Italy itself. The only reason I go out of my way to watch Juve matches is because I was a fan since a kid. Otherwise, I'd watch EPL, La Liga, and even Bundesliga which is improving on its appeal. What is Serie A doing? Shoving itself in deeper shit with every passing day. I don't see how people can be faulted for not having been into the sport since the '90s or early '00s. That's when Serie A was relevant, not anymore.

And that still doesnt' excuse that guy for saying Cabaye and Modric are better than Pirlo, just saying/

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
1) Chelsea were crowned European Champions last season by playing a more efficient type of football. What did you think of the way we played? Did we play well or were we just lucky?

Very lucky, but your players put in some fabulous defensive performances along the way so credit to you guys. You also had a man named Drogba who helped you guys realise this dream.

2) What did you think of the Oscar goal in the first leg?

A fantastic strike, one of the best goals in the CL this season. I dont think there is a keeper in the world who would have come close to saving it.

3) You went on a very impressive unbeaten run, how did it feel to finally lose?

Mixed feelings to be honest: Anger; because our fairytale unbeaten run was over and we suffered our first ever loss in our stadium to our hated rivals in Inter, Regret: because we didnt break Milan's record of 58 games unbeaten and also Relief; because the pressure of maintaining the streak was over...we could re-focus again and it actually was a great kick in the pants for a lot of our players. A little wake up call, back to reality.

4) What are you feeling on the coming game? You've been branded favorites for this clash

Nervous and excited. You just never know with our team in Europe, we are either going to be brilliant or fail spectacularly. I'm cautiously optimistic though, I think our players are in the right frame of mind going into this game. Really looking forward to it.

5) Do you feel Chelsea can cause you problems? What areas of the pitch in particular?

They definitely can cause us problems, especially on the counter attack with your fantastic trio of Hazard-Mata-Oscar.

6) Who is Chelsea's danger man in your opinion? Who is the weak link?

Juan Mata. An absolutely superb player who can create and bamboozle the best of defences. I also think Hazard is a quality player and could cause us problems with his pace and directness. Your CBs (esp without Terry) are your weak link I think. David Luiz in particular ;)

7) How far do you think you can go in this years Champions League?

Like others have said, if we make it out of the group and get a favourable draw, we have the potential to make it as far as the semis. But TBH anything past the group stages is just a bonus for us this season.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
To be fair to the guy, I (as a Chelsea fan) have read that forum on occasion and they're not as bad as others, there's also a guy who supports Juve I think.

Most of them are doom merchants over there, like cronios here, makes for an interesting read lol.
:lol: I love the term.

Rabbit

Secure The Bag
Jun 8, 2010
let's do this bitch.

1) Chelsea were crowned European Champions last season by playing a more efficient type of football. What did you think of the way we played? Did we play well or were we just lucky? As
Chelsea were lucky (messi, robben penalty misses etc..) but it's hard to say they didn't deserve it because of Chelsea showed immense resilience and determination. So luck played a part but it's part of the game.

2) What did you think of the Oscar goal in the first leg? World Class. Shame it had to be against us but if we were to concede a goal I prefer it to be like that

3) You went on a very impressive unbeaten run, how did it feel to finally lose? It was hard to take because it was Inter. It had to come to an end sometime and it seems that we needed that loss because we were scarping out results in the previous matches and that match has given us an extra boost that we needed for a long time.

4) What are you feeling on the coming game? You've been branded favorites for this clash I'm confident. Juve won't let this slip away and Chelsea are in bad form so the favourites tag is justified.

5) Do you feel Chelsea can cause you problems? What areas of the pitch in particular? The attacking midfielders of Hazard, Mata and Oscar (moses aswell). One of the best trios in world football imo, just behind Marchisio, Vidal, Pirlo and Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets.

6) Who is Chelsea's danger man in your opinion? Who is the weak link? Mata. He's a football genius and his vision is crazy. Stop Mata and you've stopped a big part of Chelsea. Weak link is definitely David Luiz. He either has a poor game or a world class game. A shame for Chelsea that it's more the former.

7) How far do you think you can go in this years Champions League? - Quarter finals. We don't have that world class striker to get us that far imo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)