Juventus Transfers (2007-2008) [Discussion thread] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

P_neddy

Dec 10, 2005
Our transfers up to this point of time haven't proven to be bad at all. I have very high and optimistic expectations for Nocerino, as I have very high evaluation for him. He would highly likely turn out to be our most important, most expensive and most treasured midfielder in a period of maximum 2 years. The lad seems very compact and consistent with his displays in the U21 Championship. He's the only one in that whole midfield who actually cares about shielding our weak defense, and he perfected his role. If anything, I would only welcome Nocerino to my team out of every talent in that midfield. He's immense! That two guys from Roma (Aquilani) and Firenze (Montolivo) look very far from being the players others hype them to be.
Same thing goes for Tiago, his price tag alone would put him under pressure to perform next season, and he should be able to do so given his versatility. If we play a 5-man midfield next season with two advanced wingers in Neddy and Camo, 2 holding midfield players (Almiron and Zanetti) with Nocerino and Marchisio consistently rotating with them, Tiago up front joining Camo and Neddy in attack, our midfield will be second in Serie A behind Milan (Ambro, Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka). However, in 2 years' time, I firmly believe our midfield will be better, of course with the proper growth of both Nocerino and Marchisio as well as the tiago and Almiron's gradual chemistry. Future of the midfield is bright!
Defense though, is still a worry for me, as I'm still confused as to how Chiellini and Criscito would turn out, with both being 2 times the players they are when playing at CB, while LB they both suck miserably. Especially now when you have Molinaro in the squad who can play left back, and Milito or Barzagli rumored to join us. It's a pity both of them are leftie damn.....if one of them is right-footed they would be our CBs for years to come, as Criscito is a very good man-marker, while Chiellini is an all-rounded defender except his poor ball control which could always be improved by Ranieri. I think we just need to buy 1 more defender and we'll be fine comes next season.
Forwards, Iaquinta MUST be played as the target man otherwise he'll suck balls even more than Zalayeta. In my opinion, if Trezeguet still insists on being the prima donna of this team, just sell him and give a chance to Iaquinta and Palladino. Palladino is our most classy player right now (now that DP's on the verge of his career downhill) but he lacks the finishing touch as well as the physical attribute necessary for a perfect forward up front. Just shove some kgs into him, train him properly and he's the one for the future. Why the **** would you buy Quag guy if Palla is so good?????????? and both are similar players too! Sell Zalayeta to Livorno or wherever he desires to go. Palladino, Del Piero, Iaquinta and maybe one more finisher is good for me if Trezeguet decides to go. In a 4-5-1 advanced formation you don't need 5 forwards, and I already take into consideration Nedved and Del Piero will have to consistenly be rotating with each other for the position we're playing in. Marchionni hasn't played to his full potential, so hopefully he'll reach it next season rotating with Camo when he's off form.
The future is bright!

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
i don't know if this was posted before or not, but it's so important:

The deal for Tiago is 13 million euros in two equal installments to be made on July 2, 2007 and Jan 2, 2009.

The deal for Almiron is 9 million euros to be made in three annual installments.

Enjoy...

JuveGER

Mar 10, 2006
I'm undecided about our transfer policy so far. We haven't captured a world class player yet. On the other hand Tiago, Iaquinta and Almiron are all obviously talented and could still improve in a team like Juventus. They are still hungry for success and especially Almiron and Iaquinta want to prove themselves on one of the biggest stages in the football world (Tiago already has a rather impressive record with Lyon and Chelsea in his CV).

I like that we have a big group of highly talented Italian youngsters and that we have full ownership of Criscito and Nocerino.

We still need improvement in defense though. Tiago and Almiron are both no destroyers like Gattuso or Vieira. Without a destroyer we need an extremely good defense. We are far away from that so far. We need at least two quality defenders.

Overall our management did a decent job. I hope that continues.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
I'm undecided about our transfer policy so far. We haven't captured a world class player yet. On the other hand Tiago, Iaquinta and Almiron are all obviously talented and could still improve in a team like Juventus. They are still hungry for success and especially Almiron and Iaquinta want to prove themselves on one of the biggest stages in the football world (Tiago already has a rather impressive record with Lyon and Chelsea in his CV).

I like that we have a big group of highly talented Italian youngsters and that we have full ownership of Criscito and Nocerino.

We still need improvement in defense though. Tiago and Almiron are both no destroyers like Gattuso or Vieira. Without a destroyer we need an extremely good defense. We are far away from that so far. We need at least two quality defenders.

Overall our management did a decent job. I hope that continues.
Thats why we have Nocerino and Zanetti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)