Juventus Transfers (2007-2008) [Discussion thread] (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
At this point, when no one talks about him and is transfer value is as low as it will ever be, we could even consider Cassano. Real need every opportunity they get to ditch him and he would crawl back to Italy.

malducato1

Dec 26, 2005
At this point, when no one talks about him and is transfer value is as low as it will ever be, we could even consider Cassano. Real need every opportunity they get to ditch him and he would crawl back to Italy.

That is one big gamble but he has a huge upside. I think Juve is the club that has a chance of claming him down if Juve can't change him no one will.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
IMO it's hardly a gamble. The guy's worth nothing now anymore and no one wants him. He has proven again and again to be uncapable of playing consistently on a high level and Real would be glad to hand him over. All of this of course means we should not offer Real a lot of money, but try to make a cautious bid and see whether they're interested.

Think about it, we could sneak away with Antonio Cassano.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
IMO it's hardly a gamble. The guy's worth nothing now anymore and no one wants him. He has proven again and again to be uncapable of playing consistently on a high level and Real would be glad to hand him over. All of this of course means we should not offer Real a lot of money, but try to make a cautious bid and see whether they're interested.

I've been saying for ages that we should Cassano, cause he plays similarly to ADP IMO, so he might calm him down a bit, and this would be great for our team, and we would have a replacement for when he retires

Marko

GhostDog
May 1, 2006
maybe this will refresh your memory;)

The talented Portugal international proved a useful performer last term for Chelsea, regularly filling in a variety of positions across Jose Mourinho's midfield following a move from Benfica, but it now appears his spell in the capital is drawing to a close
http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx...=&title=Tiago+poised+for+Lyon+switch&channel=

He has made 52 appearances for The Blues since joining from Benfica last summer but is leaving Stamford Bridge to secure regular football this season.
http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx...=8&lid=&title=Jose+sad+to+lose+Tiago&channel=

And they arent average..
I don't remember and that's my fault...
Ok, they are something between average and big shots.:)

malducato1

Dec 26, 2005

I didn't mean a gamble from a money point of view but as a gamble in that he has the qualitys to destroy harmony within a team and be a cancer in the locker room. But like I said before with the veterans we have in the team Juve could be the place for him to finally grow up and show his true talent.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I didn't mean a gamble from a money point of view but as a gamble in that he has the qualitys to destroy harmony within a team and be a cancer in the locker room. But like I said before with the veterans we have in the team Juve could be the place for him to finally grow up and show his true talent.
So what? If he tries do so, you just put him somewhere in the reserves. He didn't manage to do it at Real, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't at Juve.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #95
    Perhaps, but it's not money we made. We used to make money.
    Look at it as a startup, we just came from relegation and we have to invest. Companies don't make money as soon as they start.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Look at it as a startup, we just came from relegation and we have to invest. Companies don't make money as soon as they start.
    All true, but that doesn't mean we're rich as people claim. In normal circumstances, that is if people weren't backing us, we'd be dirt poor now.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    Yes, certainly. But I would wager that two central defenders are purchased now ahead of a midfielder, midfield will be put on a backburner for a while whilst we sort out the defence and Trezeguet's future (as well as Camo's)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)