Juventus Transfers (2007-2008) [Discussion thread] (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
almiron - bricks
tiago - mortar

Viera-Emerson
Almiron-Tiago

Hmm... The first group is guaranteed to lock down the midfield, and the second group might be able to do some fun things. Not the signings I was hoping for, but not horrible at the same time. I am still confused on the direction the Juventus board and Ranieri are going in. This seems like a very wild team.

BUFFON

ZEBINA-MILITO-CHIELLINI-MOLINARO

SALIHAMIDZIC-TIAGO-ALMIRON-NEDVED

TREZEGUET-DEL PIERO

I don't have high hopes if te starting lineup is similar to this. It looks cute, but lacks control. I hope Juventus will make 1 big signing, because I think saying Tiago is a "big" signing is a bit of a stretch. Ranieri and the board could be putting us in a position to be doing a lot of house cleaning in the near future. Regardless of what style of play people prefer to watch, there is a recipe for success, especially in the serie a. It doesn't seem like we are following it.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
i truly doubt we will play a 4-4-2 as Ranieri has stated that his favoured formation is a 4-2-3-1 or something on the lines of that

Jan 7, 2004
well then

zebina-dream signing - boumsong - chiellini

--------------almiron-tiago
camo -------- nedved ----------------
-----------------------------------------------------del piero
--------------------- trezeguet

lavenderguy

Feb 28, 2005
I'm undecided about our transfer policy so far. We haven't captured a world class player yet. On the other hand Tiago, Iaquinta and Almiron are all obviously talented and could still improve in a team like Juventus. They are still hungry for success and especially Almiron and Iaquinta want to prove themselves on one of the biggest stages in the football world (Tiago already has a rather impressive record with Lyon and Chelsea in his CV).

I like that we have a big group of highly talented Italian youngsters and that we have full ownership of Criscito and Nocerino.

We still need improvement in defense though. Tiago and Almiron are both no destroyers like Gattuso or Vieira. Without a destroyer we need an extremely good defense. We are far away from that so far. We need at least two quality defenders.

Overall our management did a decent job. I hope that continues.
yes, we haven;t capture any world stars but we got world cup winning stars in our squad already, e.g. Buffon, Del Piero and Cammo. Dun forget Trez and Nedved. Even Cammo and Trez gone, we wil stil hav 3 super stars in Super Gigi, DP and Pavel.
and a team doesn;t need to have all 11 superstars to work...remember the galacticos? they didn;t win much after their final assemble which include 6 super mega stars...
and what about Sevilla? do you regard Kanoute, Louis Fabiano as world stars? they r the most 2nd string talents but this team is doing exceptionally well..
I think Thiago, Almiron and Iaquinta got what it takes to contribute for Juventus.
and Juventus is not famous for purchasing world stars, we r not chelsea or real..
definitely this squad can make it to the top 5 coming season!
I think the management board knows a strong CB is definitely needed...so, we just sit back n relax

Juve Libnan

Jun 20, 2007
we will be in a bit of trouble if nedved retires n if camo buys out his ontract....he has until monday to push for it
we need a young highly talented player to grow within our ranks...someone like pato,nasri,diego,silva,huntelaar,gomez,navas,mavuba
pepe fromporto would be a good target for our defence so i think our board is taking the defensive issue rather seriously instead of spending a huge sum of 25mill for a defender...that type of money should be spent on a match winner kinda player...not a defender

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
we will be in a bit of trouble if nedved retires n if camo buys out his ontract....he has until monday to push for it
we need a young highly talented player to grow within our ranks...someone like pato,nasri,diego,silva,huntelaar,gomez,navas,mavuba
pepe fromporto would be a good target for our defence so i think our board is taking the defensive issue rather seriously instead of spending a huge sum of 25mill for a defender...that type of money should be spent on a match winner kinda player...not a defender
Actually we'll be in a big trouble if the bold bit happens :disagree:

Juventino#16

Chila !!! #3
May 27, 2007
what about if Nedved won't play another season:( And Camo and Trezeguet will go.... how will we fill the missing gaps???

--------------Buffon---------------
Grygera----?-------?-----Chiellini

--?-------Tiago----Almiron-----?

----------?(huntelaar?)----Del Piero

Juventino#16

Chila !!! #3
May 27, 2007
-------------------Buffon--------------------

Zebina----Grygera----Chiellini---Cricsito

Brazzo---Tiago---Almiron---------?------

---------Iaquinta-------Del Piero---------

I don't think, this is good solution, we need Nedved and Camoranesi, +++ new players in defence

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
-------------------Buffon--------------------

Zebina----Grygera----Chiellini---Cricsito

Brazzo---Tiago---Almiron---------?------

---------Iaquinta-------Del Piero---------

I don't think, this is good solution, we need Nedved and Camoranesi, +++ new players in defence
That formation is very weak. No top notch ball winners in midfield, not much speed, two youngsters on the left defence. Scarry, because it could be reality.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
that's what i am talking about:agree: :agree: we really need Nedved, and defence is scarry

---------------------BUFFON

GRYGERA-BARZAGLI-MILITO-CHIELLINI

CAMORANESI-ZANETTI-TIAGO-NEDVED

-------------------DEL PIERO

--------------TREZEGUET

This is the best we can hope for. Zanetti may be a weak link in Serie A, but we would need him more than Almiron for his ball winning ability. I like Tiago, but I am still confused about the Almiron deal. He seems like a similar player to Tiago, but older and less intelligent. I don't know why we would need two of these players. I really was hoping for at least 1 DM. I guess the board is expecting to pick up two top-notch CB's, because we will need it now.

Juve Libnan

Jun 20, 2007
i dont think we bought iaquinta to come warm our bench..esp for 11million
him n dp will prob play bhind trez with a trio in the midfield,meanin one more cmf or dmf playin with tiago n almiron
then 2 more cb and were set for at least cl qualification next seasoni hope
i hope this isnt their plan but if it is were still better off than teams like palermo n fiorentina who we will have to fight with to secure that last cl spot
i hope im wrong though!!!!
cuz id love to c a rising star taking charge of our midfield next season!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)