Juventus Shirts 2020/21 (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
It all went down hill when you changed a decent looking logo to that laughable shit you got right now. I thought it was only the likes of Man City who would change their logos like that.

Old Juve logo had style over it. Clubs can change sponsors for all I care (even if there's some disgusting ones in between, we have Qatar Airways on the shirt sleeve) but changing a logo is a fucking no go. Even Barca, Real or Man United didn't go down that road.

I mean why the fuck would you go from this to this? :howler:

1484651400_372626_1484651963_noticia_normal.jpg

Reminds me of that logo @DAiDEViL made for Bayern :lol:
That badge sucked too imo the one before it was much nicer.

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
It all went down hill when you changed a decent looking logo to that laughable shit you got right now. I thought it was only the likes of Man City who would change their logos like that.

Old Juve logo had style over it. Clubs can change sponsors for all I care (even if there's some disgusting ones in between, we have Qatar Airways on the shirt sleeve) but changing a logo is a fucking no go. Even Barca, Real or Man United didn't go down that road.

I mean why the fuck would you go from this to this? :howler:

1484651400_372626_1484651963_noticia_normal.jpg

Reminds me of that logo @DAiDEViL made for Bayern :lol:
I actually like :J:and its merchandise. What I don't like is that we mess around with our home kit. This new badge grew on me very quickly.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I actually like :J:and its merchandise. What I don't like is that we mess around with our home kit. This new badge grew on me very quickly.
I feel the same way, but I also kinda understand that they have to make it look distinct enough every year so that it sells.

Also the stripes allow for some creativity I guess; I mean, how different can you make a Liverpool jersey, for example?

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
We're a football club not a fashion brand. The new logo is soulless. We could've established a separate line associated with Juve as a club to generate further income, but we didn't need to be total sellouts. We're a club with a rich history and tradition, and we sacrificed that for corporate dollars. Unfortunately, that money has been used to bring in players with no soul as well, further damaging the image and identity of the club. Oh, and the midfield still sucks.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Are you a graphic designer? Some of my friends who are respected designers like the logo very much.
I like new logo much more than the old logo. Old logo is nothing unique and it’s boring. With too many elements on it.
So because someone is a graphic designer is it good?

I thought Juventus was a respected football club not some silly clothing/fashion brand.

You’re selling out too much on your identity with this imo. I might be too conservative in this sense but if new “fans” started supporting a club because they think its cool they can wear it in everyday use, then no thanks for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Fair enough and I guess people also just gotta get used to it. I’m just not a fan, maybe that changes. To me does a club badge symbolise something nearly sacred and something you don't mess around with.

I'm not from Munich, Bayern or Germany but as a fan I feel a connection to the club when looking at the logo. If they changed that to a silly B then they'd alienate many of their loyal fans as the badge got much of the history in itself.

Last edited:

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
There, new Bayern logo :agree: I bet their fanbase has Elvins too
1f171.png
You know what it reminds me of? :inter:

B-PLAKAT_MAGENTA_2018.jpg

Without saying too much is it a disgusting party in Denmark

- - - Updated - - -

:tup: One of my friends is a graphic designer, he says it's good - so it is good.
damn that logo, what a difference it would make marketing wise because we're not a football club you know but a fashion brand - who cares about football in a football club anyway, we need to wear it :tuttosport:

OP
maxi

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
  • Thread Starter #96
    Am I the only one that doesn't dislike the gold stripes/Jeep logo? I think it looks classy. If they made the stripes black and the jeep logo white it would have looked identical to our 2017/2018 kit, (which was beautiful having said), but it needs a bit of change. My only problem is the 'ran out of ink' stripes.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007

I thought Juventus was a respected football club not some silly clothing/fashion brand.

You’re selling out too much on your identity with this imo. I might be too conservative in this sense but if new “fans” started supporting a club because they think its cool they can wear it in everyday use, then no thanks for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Fair enough and I guess people also just gotta get used to it. I’m just not a fan, maybe that changes. To me does a club badge symbolise something nearly sacred and something you don't mess around with.

I'm not from Munich, Bayern or Germany but as a fan I feel a connection to the club when looking at the logo. If they changed that to a silly B then they'd alienate many of their loyal fans as the badge got much of the history in itself.
    There are already a dozen or whatever German club logos that are essentially a letter or a couple of letters in front of a shield of some shape, so it would hardly be groundbreaking.

I liked our logo until they changed it in 2004, that modernised one had no character. It still got copied. Pre-2004 that oval variant logo of Juve's was copied all over Italy, which is why we change it to begin with.

In Italy the J is something different, you can't copy it (unless you are Juve Stabia) because the J does not exist in the Italian alphabet, so only comes from a Latin source. There are only three towns in the country that start with a J, and they are from the Sicilian, Sardinian and Venetian dialects.

Of course it is modern marketing shite with no tradition, but I've quickly got used to it. For me it's better than the 2004 logo.

Snobist

DareDevil
    Apr 16, 2017

- - - Updated - - -

New is better than old.

- - - Updated - - -

juventus_logo_evolution.png

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)