Juventus - Barcelona (4 Viewers)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by DaJuve ] ++
D'Allesandro would be a nice addition there :)
I have to see this guy play since half of you love him, and the other half think maybe he is physically too weak. With cavenaghi everyone loves him :D so he must be a great player.

what do you reckon to these two?

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
D'Allesandro is a brilliant playmaker and he's getting physically stronger while Cavenaghi is like a more dangerous Inzaghi. I think D'Ale would complement Trez perfectly.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by DaJuve ] ++
D'Allesandro is a brilliant playmaker and he's getting physically stronger while Cavenaghi is like a more dangerous Inzaghi. I think D'Ale would complement Trez perfectly.
you mean as in

--------------------D'ale-------------------
-----------Trez------------Del Piero------

right?

No doubts we need a quality playmaker, then we could put Nedved into centre mid with Tacchi. Dunno if D'ale is the man, but I've seen some of his goals, especially his recent chip, and he is obviously a big talent.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
That formation would be lethal - Many say he tends to perform best at the left wing but I've seen doing wonders all around the midfield.

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
Go Juventus!:strong:
Keep the fighting spirit, It would be nice to see Juventus break Barca's unbeatable record in CL :)

FORZA RAGAZZI!:thumb:

nina

Feb 18, 2001
Go Juve! :star:
Hup Juve! :star:
Forza Juve! :star:
Naprej Juve! :star:
Vamos Juve! :star:
Napred Juve! :star:
Vorwärts Juve! :star:

Don't know really what else to say :)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Hey guys :cool: Sorry that I wasn't here to give you live commentary, but this game is so crucial to our CL hopes that I had to give it my full attention.

Anyways, at HT we're leading 1-0 thanks to a very well taken goal by Montero, following a Del Piero bicycle kick effort.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
For those interested, we've had all of the possession but just haven't been fit to do much with it.

Our central defenders haven't had too much to do but when they have they've been up to the task, as has Gigi.

Zambro and Thuram have tried their best to make impacts down the flanks but haven't been able to put in enough telling crosses.

Tacchi has been a little reckless with some of his tackles, but apart from that he's been good, and Davids is giving everything his all.

Tudor and Camo especially haven't seen much ball, and because of this Neddy and DP have also been starved of the ball..

DP has won quite a few free kicks with some nice moves, but he nor Nedved haven't really had any useful shots on goal.

2nd half underway.. :)

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
48' Nedved then looks to break but Gabri cuts out the attack.
48' Motta plays the ball back to Frank de Boer as Barcelona keep possession.
47' Davids loses out to Puyol and Barcelona come forward.
46' Barcelona get the game restarted, but then give the ball away.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Loppan, we are indeed controlling the match, but I don't think a 1-0 win is good enough considering that we have to go to the Camp Nou in the 2nd leg.

Unfortunately my tele isn't near to my computer, so I can't stay to give you guys commentary as I would like to watch the match properly, but if anything happens I'll be sure to say so :)

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
Loppan, we are indeed controlling the match, but I don't think a 1-0 win is good enough considering that we have to go to the Camp Nou in the 2nd leg.

You're right on that! I want a 3-0 victory but as long as Barca don't score I'm happy.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
DP, Tudor and Neddy just combined nicely but it came to nothing :down:

Barca just had a good chance, with Kluivert playing the ball wide right to Overmars who swung in a cross for Xavi, but his volley was easily taken by Buffon :)

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
52' Del Piero breaks but Barcelona are quickly back in numbers and clear.
50' Nedved looks to combine with Thuram who again surges down the right but Puyol is alert to the danger and clears.
49' Thuram comes forward and picks out Del Piero who tries to play the Frenchman through but Bonano gathers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)