Juve not for ADP? (1 Viewer)

Should Del Piero be sold?

• Yes, Alessandro Del Piero should be sold.

• No, Alessandro Del Piero should stay.

Results are only viewable after voting.

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Tripe. I agree that he's a great sign of Juve's ablity to sign unknown players. I also agree that he's been a symbol for Juve over the past 10 year, and that younger players look upto him.

What I don't agree about is that Del Piero represents Juve's stability, because he's been anything but stable for the latter half of his career, with all the injuries and subsequent inconsistent performances.

I'm not saying that Del Piero's a shitty over-rated player, but to say that you can't be a fan of Juve without being a fan of Del Piero is a load of crap to be perfectly honest. Tell me honestly, will you still be a Juve fan when Del Piero retires/gets sold?
With stability i meant, that Juve doesnt change players all the time, they use the onces they have to the full.

And gray you dont know me of course, but to make it simple i have been a Juve fan before i even heard of DP, so that answers your question if i will still be a fan after DP has retired lol.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Aug 1, 2003
I dunno. I mean I know DP WAS one hell of a player, but IMO we should stop comparing him to his past. Just concentrate on his present form. And I know he's not doing great, but I think it's enough and sufficient for our club, enough to make him one of our key figures on the pitch

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
ok, my point:

ale sucks ass this season, sucked last season and basically every year. but i want him to stay here and suck further. forza il capitano!!!
:thumb: by far, best post of the month :thumb:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
Lets have a vote:

Who would like to see Del Piero stay?

Who would rather cash in for a decent price?
I'm going to make it into a poll...

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Del Piero has done so much for this club, and surely that counts for something, and he definitely has the ability to do so much more. At 29 he still has another two or three good seasons in him, and though he didn't have a satisfactory 03-04 season you can't tell me that he wasn't one of our best players in the previous two years.

Yuall peeps will tell me that I'm going on and on about his past, but the only reason he failed this season is because of all those injuries imo.

We'll see what happens in Portugal during the summer and next season, but Dp is STILL a class player.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Surprisingly enough, I voted that he should stay. The reason I did this is because it's not as simple as "he should be sold" or "he should stay" I haven't seen Del Piero play a single season where he hasn't had a medium-long term injury, and for some reason I still have a certain amount of hope that he can come back and put in world class performances.

I've been one of the few people to say that I'd take him if the price is right, and I stand by that, but in 'absolute' terms, I think he should stay. Meaning anything under 30-35m :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)