Juve not for ADP? (1 Viewer)

Should Del Piero be sold?

• Yes, Alessandro Del Piero should be sold.

• No, Alessandro Del Piero should stay.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alex

May 1, 2004
how come im constantly reading about how shit Del PIero is? I thought this was a Juve fan site.

F!@K OFF

The guy is Juve's greatest asset.
And everyone says he's soooooo over rated.
Bullshit.
he's not over rated he under achieves because of the extreme pressure his under. Over rated and under achieve- There's a difference.

When he's fit, and confident he becomes of the most influential players in Europe. But people always look for something special in him every single time he gets the ball. And when he has dips in form thats when he needs the most support But instead everyone jumps and starts bagging him

For ****'s sake the guys our captian, our symbol, but he's also human- next time you hear some one dishing out at DP tell them piss off and review soccer history!!!
Next time i hear Del Piero in this forum i wanna see Legend in the same sentence.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jul 28, 2002
Del Piero was a legend, but this year he has sucked cos of injury, dont get me wrong he is one of my fav players, but this year he sucked.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Before I reply to this, let it be known that I don't hate Del Piero, I think he's got it in him to be world class, but as a Juve fan I can't help but be disappointed at the inconsistency of his performances for many years now.

++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
how come im constantly reading about how shit Del PIero is? I thought this was a Juve fan site.
Precisely. It's a Juve fan site, not a Del Piero fansite, though most people here would beg to differ.

he's not over rated he under achieves because of the extreme pressure his under. Over rated and under achieve- There's a difference.
He under-achieves very often, but people always make excuses and act like it never happened, that's what over-rated means.
When he's fit, and confident he becomes of the most influential players in Europe.
Key words
But people always look for something special in him every single time he gets the ball.
With the money he gets, is it wrong to expect him to do something every time he gets the ball? People expect that of Thierry Henry, with one key difference: Henry delivers something great 9/10 times he gets the ball, and unfortunately the same can't be said of Alex.
And when he has dips in form thats when he needs the most support But instead everyone jumps and starts bagging him
It's not like he reads these message boards and gets discouraged, so that's not really an excuse for his poor form.
next time you hear some one dishing out at DP tell them piss off and review soccer history!!!
Another key word

Please don't think I'm being smug or rude by the hastiness of my post, it's just that the issue has been dragged on for much too long already

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
I totally agree with you Alex, its a shame that only the true Juve fans appreciate him. And i think some "fans" and people just says he is is overrated just because they think it is cool to always break down the "big guys", you can see the same pattern about Ferrari in F1 and Microsoft and so on. Its disgusting!

OP
Alex

Alex

May 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #5
    Lets have a vote:

Who would like to see Del Piero stay?

Who would rather cash in for a decent price?

Jul 28, 2002
    I have been a juve fan since i was 4 years old,they have will and will always be my team, and dp has been one of my favourite player of all time, when he was fit. But as a "true" juve fan, i have to say that dp hasnt been playing well for a fair few seasons, he has spurt of greatness, but doesnt keep it up for too long. At one point in his career he woulda been a match for henry easily, and made totti look soft, but right now,this moment of time i cant help want more from our number 10 and captain as he is often appearing o lookk scared to take people on, and looks slow and sluggish, but on occasions he has his brilliance. But for a juve number 10 AND team captain i expect a more consistant performance.

OP
    Alex

Alex

May 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #7
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

it's just that the issue has been dragged on for much too long already
    no shit gray you've only posted 13 thousand comments!!!

Jul 28, 2002
    Lets have a vote:

Who would like to see Del Piero stay?

Who would rather cash in for a decent price?
    Well i would not want to see del piero go as he is our simple blah blah blah, but if chelasea came in with a mega bid of at least £30million, then i may have to think about it.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    no shit gray you've only posted 13 thousand comments!!!
    Yes, but unlike some people I talk about players other than Del Piero

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    I am one of those who thinks that Del Piero is overrated.

I will not repeat the points already made by others in previous posts, but I in no way hate this guy. Great footballer, great captain, but overrated.

And the EURO will prove that.

If though Del Piero shines in Portugal and shows good hustle in Seria A next season, I promise, I will change my mind.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003

F!@K OFF

The guy is Juve's greatest asset.
    And everyone says he's soooooo over rated.
    Bullshit.

When he's fit, and confident he becomes of the most influential players in Europe. But people always look for something special in him every single time he gets the ball. And when he has dips in form thats when he needs the most support But instead everyone jumps and starts bagging him

For ****'s sake the guys our captian, our symbol, but he's also human- next time you hear some one dishing out at DP tell them piss off and review soccer history!!!
    Next time i hear Del Piero in this forum i wanna see Legend in the same sentence.

As Gray said, this is a Juventus site, not a Del Piero site.. i am a closet Del Piero fan and would be more happy than anyone else if he ever perform, but in here i am strictly think in the best interest of Juventus...

you dont have to critizise him if you dont want to but thats also means you have waive the right to critizise other players as well as he is no better than anybody else in the last season... ;)

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    Before I reply to this, let it be known that I don't hate Del Piero, I think he's got it in him to be world class, but as a Juve fan I can't help but be disappointed at the inconsistency of his performances for many years now.

Precisely. It's a Juve fan site, not a Del Piero fansite, though most people here would beg to differ.

He under-achieves very often, but people always make excuses and act like it never happened, that's what over-rated means.

Key words

With the money he gets, is it wrong to expect him to do something every time he gets the ball? People expect that of Thierry Henry, with one key difference: Henry delivers something great 9/10 times he gets the ball, and unfortunately the same can't be said of Alex.

It's not like he reads these message boards and gets discouraged, so that's not really an excuse for his poor form.

Another key word

Please don't think I'm being smug or rude by the hastiness of my post, it's just that the issue has been dragged on for much too long already

i dont know what i am even doing at this forum with you around.

May 30, 2004
    del piero stays ... if he gets an offer it will never ever go over 15 mill.. dats if the buying club is spendtrhift... anyway he stays ... cause when you say juventus .. first think dat comes in mind is del piero....del piero is juventus .. juventus is del piero...am not being ignorant of da rest of da players but del piero is da most POPULAR player in juventus

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
    del piero is del piero.

Juventus is not Del Piero.

Juventus is a much bigger, greater thing than merely Del Piero.

Can we stop these Juve = Del Piero posts please?!

May 30, 2004
    umm ye is dat bothering you dat amusing dat and diz instead of using that and this .. because if DATS IT.. then dis is all just so stupid of you dat you can get irritated from such small thing like DIS

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    I would love to see this forum 3 years from now once DP is gone, and see how many of these "True" Juve fans will still be around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)