Juve not for ADP? (1 Viewer)

Should Del Piero be sold?

• Yes, Alessandro Del Piero should be sold.

• No, Alessandro Del Piero should stay.

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
pad you were being sarcastic, yes? :scared:
No. I love Del Piero. I love him as the symbol of Juventus, and during the first reign of Lippi Del Piero was possibly the best player in the world. Nothing will tarnish the love and admiration I have for ADP.

OP
Alex

Alex

May 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #63
    If you like the guy or not lets all pray to what ever god you believe in that DP has an awesome season under Capello!!

Capello i put my faith in you buddy- work a miracle

DAVIDZ

Sep 15, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
    If you like the guy or not lets all pray to what ever god you believe in that DP has an awesome season under Capello!!

Capello i put my faith in you buddy- work a miracle [/QUOT

Padre Fabio :howler:

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Padovano ] ++

No. I love Del Piero. I love him as the symbol of Juventus, and during the first reign of Lippi Del Piero was possibly the best player in the world. Nothing will tarnish the love and admiration I have for ADP.
    Pado, immposible to put it better in so few words ;) I feel exactly the same feeling:thumb::thumb::thumb:

DAVIDZ

Sep 15, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++

Pado, immposible to put it better in so few words ;) I feel exactly the same feeling:thumb::thumb::thumb:

If I saw Del Piero walking down the street....I'll walk up to him and spit in his face!!!

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    Spit on him ? Lol if you can Reach him first ... Maybe The Juventino fans who are next to him aint gonna spit on you , they will kick ur a$$ and put you naked on the street ....

Btw i'll spit on some1 like you! :D

epitaph

Feb 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++

Well i would not want to see del piero go as he is our simple blah blah blah, but if chelasea came in with a mega bid of at least £30million, then i may have to think about it.
    not for me!sorry!

epitaph

Feb 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by DAVIDZ ] ++
    If I saw Del Piero walking down the street....I'll walk up to him and spit in his face!!!
    oo yeah?? over my dead body mate!!over my dead body!!

Spit on him ? Lol if you can Reach him first ... Maybe The Juventino fans who are next to him aint gonna spit on you , they will kick ur a$$ and put you naked on the street ....

Btw i'll spit on some1 like you!
    :rofl:thats the spirit mate:thumb:

dee dee

Apr 18, 2004
    spit on DP? That will be rude.

As for the thoughts on he being over the hill? For now, right on! Cant believe that there are people who say that those who criticise DP for lacking in world class performances are not true Juve fans. Where did that kind of reasoning come from? Its like saying that DP cannot be criticised.

Btw, ran my poll with friends and guess what? DP is an ordinary player today according to them. He had the potential to be a world beater. Point of fact is that he was never a world beater THROUGHOUT his career consistently, only a couple of seasons.

Will also gladly eat my words when DP excels in Euro 2004. By the way, we have all been arguing about his (lack of or full of) achievements in the PAST. With Euro 2004 around the corner, why dont we try to come to a consensus what would constitute DP taking the world by storm at Euro 2004? Granted he has just recovered from one of the many bouts of injuries blighting what some of you would term as "God of a player's career", would he scoring 1 goal and 1 assist be enough to qualify his performance at Euro 2004 as OUT OF THE WORLD? Or should it be 5 goals and some assists, an achievement that is befitting of a player of his stature?

Lets stop arguing about the past and establish some benchmarks for the forthcoming Euro 2004. Then, we can say if he sucked at the competition. The best players have to succeed on the biggest stage. IF he cant at this Euro 2004, then he has missed the boat. My reckoning is he wont score 5 goals for sure. What about you guys and gals?

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
    No pad, I meant you being sarcastic on the notion of "Dp=Juve". I mean, should he leave Juventus, you would remain as a fan of Juve right?
    Sally, nothing would cause me to turn away from Juventus. I greatly loved Vialli and Ravanelli and Toricelli and was sorry to see them leave. Eventually DP will retire, or possibly he will be sold, but I will always remain a Juventino. As far as I'm concerned, DP has nothing to prove at the Euro 2004. I know that a lot of people need convincing, but Alex's greatness is known to millions. I am a witness, have seen what Alex has done.

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Son of Samatar ] ++
    Here's my issue with all of this:

I understand full well that there are a lot of Juve fans here who are fans of the club because of Del Piero, and that's perfectly fine, because more often than not, a certain player that you find yourself drawn to will lead you to support the team as well.

The problem is the people who come on here and on different forums who question whether we are "True" Juve fans just because we criticize our captain?? Since when do we, as fans, have to blindly follow someone because he is our "flag" or "hero" as I've seen him labeled as.

So, let me get this straight, its perfectly OK to criticize Nedved, or Thuram, or Buffon, who had equally disappointing years, because they are not the Captain, but the Captain himself is off-limits??

Doesn't make much sense to me. No one on a team is above criticsm, and that includes the Captain. That doesn't mean that we hate him. You're confusing the two, between criticsm and hate. Hate would be if Del Piero had a 20 goal season last year, and people were still being openly critical, then that's hate. But lets face reality here, He's not getting any younger, he's constantly injured, and even when he's not injured he's been off form more often than not.
    You cant be a fan of Juve without being a fan of Del Piero , he represents everything Juve is known for. For example he represents Juve's great ability to buy "unknown" players that has just had their breakthrough and then becomes stars at Juve. He represents Juve's stability, which his 10 years of first team striker proves. And he is a symbol and a important ideal for younger players to look up too. Simple as that and thats why (together with his skills) "true" Juve fans appreciates him.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by delpiero10 ] ++
    You cant be a fan of Juve without being a fan of Del Piero , he represents everything Juve is known for. For example he represents Juve's great ability to buy "unknown" players that has just had their breakthrough and then becomes stars at Juve. He represents Juve's stability, which his 10 years of first team striker proves. And he is a symbol and a important ideal for younger players to look up too. Simple as that and thats why (together with his skills) "true" Juve fans appreciates him.
    Tripe. I agree that he's a great sign of Juve's ablity to sign unknown players. I also agree that he's been a symbol for Juve over the past 10 year, and that younger players look upto him.

What I don't agree about is that Del Piero represents Juve's stability, because he's been anything but stable for the latter half of his career, with all the injuries and subsequent inconsistent performances.

I'm not saying that Del Piero's a shitty over-rated player, but to say that you can't be a fan of Juve without being a fan of Del Piero is a load of crap to be perfectly honest. Tell me honestly, will you still be a Juve fan when Del Piero retires/gets sold?

Jul 28, 2002
    What about the pre dp, juve fans?? do they have to support him cos he isa juve legend.

I support dp, but i also recognise the fact he hasnt been at his best for a while, merely showing flashes of briliiance.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    In a perfect football world, DP would re-gain his brilliance and once again become a top flight player, and any fan of Juventus would want that. But that doesn't mean that your Captain and highest paid player on the team is absolved from any blame or criticsm. Unfortunately, its part of the territory. You wear the armband, you also wear the responsibility. Rightly or Wrongly, that's the way it is.

And yes, you can be a fan of Juventus without being a fan of Del Piero. Where are all the Antonio Conte and Alessio Tacchinardi supporters, they are/were on the club just as long, if not longer than Alex.

My Godfather is 100% Milanista through and through, but he feels that Maldini is a washed up has been who is only getting by on reputation, and no longer feel he deserves to be in the starting 11.

Now, if there is one player who is even more of a symbol to a team than Del Piero is to Juve, it would be Maldini to Milan, but I don't ever question his loyalty because he is not a fan of its most recognizable player.

As I see it right now, Del Piero's career is starting to mirror Baggio's, in the injuries and how they are related to their age. Maybe, he is going through what Roby went through 7-8 years ago, and can alter his style and become a different, yet still highly effective player. Time will tell.

Jul 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Son of Samatar ] ++
    In a perfect football world, DP would re-gain his brilliance and once again become a top flight player, and any fan of Juventus would want that. But that doesn't mean that your Captain and highest paid player on the team is absolved from any blame or criticsm. Unfortunately, its part of the territory. You wear the armband, you also wear the responsibility. Rightly or Wrongly, that's the way it is.

And yes, you can be a fan of Juventus without being a fan of Del Piero. Where are all the Antonio Conte and Alessio Tacchinardi supporters, they are/were on the club just as long, if not longer than Alex.

My Godfather is 100% Milanista through and through, but he feels that Maldini is a washed up has been who is only getting by on reputation, and no longer feel he deserves to be in the starting 11.

Now, if there is one player who is even more of a symbol to a team than Del Piero is to Juve, it would be Maldini to Milan, but I don't ever question his loyalty because he is not a fan of its most recognizable player.

As I see it right now, Del Piero's career is starting to mirror Baggio's, in the injuries and how they are related to their age. Maybe, he is going through what Roby went through 7-8 years ago, and can alter his style and become a different, yet still highly effective player. Time will tell.
    serge seems we have two thing in common now :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)