Juve Material !! (14 Viewers)

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Because many of Juventus supporters are biased and we have Del Piero, the best thing since sliced bread...

Sep 28, 2002
no no, del piero is epitome of class, we've had plenty of classy players like him as well, but people forget that juventus isnt as clean as they think it is.

ffs, we had montero who has a record for red cards in serie a :D

Geof

May 14, 2004
What's the point of this thread, really?
"Juve Material" is probably meaningless, yeah. That was your point since the first post isnt'it Paul? Happy now?

Aren't you tired of playing this "I'm a season ticket holder, and my knowledge is like 100 times yours"-role? Instead of bashing "young Adam"'s post on the Ultra, why don't you give your own views? Why don't you correct the inaccuracies?

We all know your knwoledge of Juventus is better than probably any of the posters here, you proved that a long time ago.

Can't force you to post in a certain way, but why don't you use that knowledge to educate us? To give you some insider's views?
I mean, I'd love to know what's on with the Ultra's, but guess what? This kind of stuff doesn't appear a lot in media, let alone English media; and as I'm not a season ticket holder, I'm afraid I swim in a sea of ignorance, care to throw me a life-jacket?

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
What's the point of this thread, really?
"Juve Material" is probably meaningless, yeah. That was your point since the first post isnt'it Paul? Happy now?

Aren't you tired of playing this "I'm a season ticket holder, and my knowledge is like 100 times yours"-role? Instead of bashing "young Adam"'s post on the Ultra, why don't you give your own views? Why don't you correct the inaccuracies?

We all know your knwoledge of Juventus is better than probably any of the posters here, you proved that a long time ago.

Can't force you to post in a certain way, but why don't you use that knowledge to educate us? To give you some insider's views?
I mean, I'd love to know what's on with the Ultra's, but guess what? This kind of stuff doesn't appear a lot in media, let alone English media; and as I'm not a season ticket holder, I'm afraid I swim in a sea of ignorance, care to throw me a life-jacket?
Very nice post summing up all my feelings toward those who think they know more than the others, and toward who think that they have the priority in the forum just because they registered earlier than others...

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
@Rebel, off-topic: Didn´t you have a big argue with some member approximately 3 months ago, and got banned because of it?

Anyway, I agree with you about members who think they are smarter than new ones just becuase they registered 4 years ago, that doesn´t prove anything...

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Juve material means "the kind of player I want to see at Juve". For instance, I don't want Klose, so I can substantiate that by saying "he isn't Juve material" and the argument reinforces itself magically, isn't that elegant? :smile:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Personally, I think you shouldn't have explained yourself, Paul. You said that your efforts were not appreciated, why would they be now?

Geof

May 14, 2004
Haha I like you Paul. Really.

I totally understand the feeling where you would put a lot of effort in a post, describing a whole situation, translating an article, etc and the only answer you would get is "he's overrated" or, yes indeed, "not Juve material".

I totally understand work and above all family are the things you really worry about. Educating the ungrateful on a football forum is the least of your worries. Can't argue with that.

I'm just a non-italian Juventus fan who's eager to learn about the team. Not just knowing what the next line-up is, or who's our next 'next Del Piero'. And for that matter some of your posts where gems. And I valued them as such.
Don't turn sour because people are jealous or ungrateful. The last impressions you left around here where those of a bitter, pedant man, who's just here to show he knows better than anyone here. Which I know you're not.

Anyway, that's probably just a lot of bullshit. Basically, I just love this club with a passion, I spotted you as a good source of information, and I'm just trying to squeeze the most info out of you before you disappear again. Who can blame me for that? :D As long as you know I'm grateful!

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
well although i think its meaningless and its all about personal opinions but i will give it a go.

for many ppl me included, juve-material was what the Moggi thought was "juve-material", I had that feeling deep down that most of the players moggi bringing in were going to make an impression.

anyway back to the players....i guess this club moulds most players to become winners.So they a need a bit of the never die spirit with the winning mentality that this club holds preciously.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
@Rebel, off-topic: Didn´t you have a big argue with some member approximately 3 months ago, and got banned because of it?

Anyway, I agree with you about members who think they are smarter than new ones just becuase they registered 4 years ago, that doesn´t prove anything...
yes, Mark, I got banned twice at this forum...

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
To me, the phrase "Juve material" simply means a player who's skills on the field are on par with his personality and team-play...and to me that pretty much sums up Alex Del Piero

I know we have had many players that dont fit this bill (Zlatan !!), and am sure there are 1 or 2 left over after the demotion, lets hope we can replace them with better "team players"

Roby Baggio was the one who snubbed the Juve fans, and wore the Fiorentina scarf after the game (many years ago), and for that I may never forgive him...but he has made some amends with me with all the heart and soul he played with on the NT

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Why do you think that you are so supreme in intelligency?

IMO people use "Juve material" phrase just because they don´t wanna see a player in Juventus for whom they think that he won´t succeed, and that is fair enough, of course Juventus had some mediocre players, hell we even have them now...
For one because I understood the meaning of this thread, while you didn't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)