Juve Material !! (15 Viewers)

OP

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #61
    Dominic said:
    Juve material, when a fan thinks he is good enough to be in(or to be transfered to) the team he is considered 'juve material'.

That's all there is to it, I think..
    Indeed thaty would be the likely meaning... however as i said to jeeks... If a player has to be that quality to play for us... that would sugest that all the players we have are of a certain quality... As if they need to be Juve material... then those that are here must be that... which is clearly not the case... Every team we've ever had has had some very average players amongst it... As such a juve material must be a meaningless phrase...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
    Respaul said:
    Indeed thaty would be the likely meaning... however as i said to jeeks... If a player has to be that quality to play for us... that would sugest that all the players we have are of a certain quality... As if they need to be Juve material... then those that are here must be that... which is clearly not the case... Every team we've ever had has had some very average players amongst it... As such a juve material must be a meaningless phrase...
    It is the fans who use the phrase tho. But it's not the fans who bring those "non Juve materials" to the team. Meaning Juve might have/had crappy players, but Juve's player standard is still very high.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    Of course it's meaningless. It's mainly about whom the fans like enough, and thus deem worthy to be transfered to Turin.

If you like him, he is Juve material. Regardless of what material's already in the squad.

OP

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #64
    Elvin said:
    It is the fans who use the phrase tho. But it's not the fans who bring those "non Juve materials" to the team. Meaning Juve might have/had crappy players, but Juve's player standard is still very high.
    Ok, so now we have to look to how that is decided...

When these people say juve material and they mean if the player is good enough...

Is that purely an ability issue... If so how is the bar set... looking to our squad for example... take the average... it aint that high

How can you seriously say a player isnt juve material if hes better than many members of our squad at the time ??

Does the players actions on the pitch matter... their character etc...

Then we also have the point that some seem to suggest its not from the fans but the actual taem... though i think we discredited that one...

theres jus so many variables... hence why I asked...

OP

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #65
    Dominic said:
    Of course it's meaningless. It's mainly about whom the fans like enough, and thus deem worthy to be transfered to Turin.

If you like him, he is Juve material. Regardless of what material's already in the squad.
    Indeed, but this is where one issue is as some of these people seem to think there is an entrance exam of all aspects of the player before he can sign a contract... (we saw that earlier in the thread)

Many use it in such a snobby manor.... like when a poster suggested we would never go for the likes of cassano..... even though in reality we know juve have twice made open public bids for him....

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Respaul said:
    Seven, you are far too synical... I actually wrote it due to seeing someone else ask the question in another thread the otherday... I actually thought i'd get some sensible thoughtful answers... maybe i'm a fool for thinking that... who knows...
    Come on, Paul. You're more than intelligent enough to know what most people mean by "Juve material". Whether or not the term is well picked is another issue. If I'd use the term Juve material (which I don't, because I think most worldclass players have the same charasteristics and thus "Milan material" is the same as "Juve material") I would do so to describe if a player had the right characteristics to play for Juventus both on and off the pitch. Not only talent, but also the personality would be important.

It's all very grey anyway. It's simply not that easy to judge football players like that. Rivaldo was awful at Milan, but had great games for Barcelona. Diego was rubbish when he was playing in Portugal, but does well for Bremen.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Respaul said:
    Ok, so now we have to look to how that is decided...

When these people say juve material and they mean if the player is good enough...

Is that purely an ability issue... If so how is the bar set... looking to our squad for example... take the average... it aint that high

How can you seriously say a player isnt juve material if hes better than many members of our squad at the time ??

Does the players actions on the pitch matter... their character etc...

Then we also have the point that some seem to suggest its not from the fans but the actual taem... though i think we discredited that one...

theres jus so many variables... hence why I asked...
    The thing is there are a lot of players that are "Juve material". Sure, Nedved is one hell of a player, but there are others like him who would have done just as well here as he did. It's all about the right player at the right time.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Elvin said:
    I get yout point, man :agree:

But what is there to do? Love is blind.

I agree with Jeeks, when people say "he's not Juve material" they mean that "he's not good enough to play for Juventus".
    But that's still spineless.

Paul, have mercy :D

OP

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #70
    Seven said:
    If I'd use the term Juve material (which I don't, because I think most worldclass players have the same charasteristics and thus "Milan material" is the same as "Juve material") I would do so to describe if a player had the right characteristics to play for Juventus both on and off the pitch. Not only talent, but also the personality would be important.
    But where is the precedent to show what the right characteristics / personality are...

Anyone can easily come up with a list of classless arseholes as long as their arm that have graced our shirt.

Why do people think that only those of a certain character should represent Juve when that has never in our history been the case

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    Juve or Non-Juve material probably comes down to personal taste IMo,

Ive always wanted Cassano at Juventus,but people argue that he lacks discipline therefore he isnt Juventus material.Its their opinion,and it probably varies from player to player.

The 'Juventus Material' thing probably changes after a player performs for the club.Zlatan could be used as an example.When he first arrived,he was Juventus Material for a lot of people,and then he had a horrid second season,he became Non-Juventus material.And here too,it comes down to personal opinion IMO.For some people he might still be Juventus Material.

So in a nutshell,id attribute the whole Juventus Material thing to personal opinion,nothing more,nothing less.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    :tdown: :disagree:

Players we've had? Such as who? At least back up what you say with facts. It is different, we are different. Why do you think so many world class, world cup winning champions stayed with us this summer? Would Ronaldo & Casillas stay with Madrid? Would Deco & Eto'o stay at Barca? Would anyone stay at Inter? Pirlo & Gila at Milan? Are you honestly for real? Any Juve fan knows these facts. Our players are, & always have been a by-word for class. John Charles, Scirea, Boniperti, Bettega, Cabrini, Tardelli, Zoff, Baggio, Conte, Di Livio, Del Piero. The list is endless. What mindless drivel you post.
    Yeah, exactly. Not to mention Blasi, Baiocco, Ibrahimovic, Amoruso, Miccoli, Zebina, Emerson, Vieira, Oliviera, and the like.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    Juve or Non-Juve material probably comes down to personal taste IMo,

Ive always wanted Cassano at Juventus,but people argue that he lacks discipline therefore he isnt Juventus material.Its their opinion,and it probably varies from player to player.

The 'Juventus Material' thing probably changes after a player performs for the club.Zlatan could be used as an example.When he first arrived,he was Juventus Material for a lot of people,and then he had a horrid second season,he became Non-Juventus material.And here too,it comes down to personal opinion IMO.For some people he might still be Juventus Material.

So in a nutshell,id attribute the whole Juventus Material thing to personal opinion,nothing more,nothing less.
    exactly.

These are not facts, only personal opinions. Juventus is not a Holly club or something, sure Juve will have bad and good players, like every other club. So I don't understand what all are these about :confused:

Sep 28, 2002
    some people call juventus a classy club, as opposed to, say, inter as trashy club. therefore juve material = classy players, e.g. del piero. which is loads of tosh. the latest example being trez.

in general, juve material = world class = milan material = inter material = man utd, chelsea, barca etc material.

soulslider

Rregula sound
    May 16, 2006
    Ok, seen as you asked, here is my view on the current state of play with our Ultra groups as the war between them continues. It's currently chaos among the various Juventus ultras groups. After the entire board was changed, the ultras groups have started a battle for power. In Italy it has always been the club that decides which group it wants to help and give advantages to. And the battle stands over lots of money, power and reputation. For 18 months Drughi had become the new leaders among the Juventus groups after Fighters were dissolved. During the Juventus Pride march in July you could already see that everything wasn't good. The ultras group Viking from Milano refused to participate since the march was lead by Drughi. Ahead of the first Juventus friendly of the season a real battle broke loose. Juventus and Alessandria hadn't even entered the pitch when the five biggest Juventus ultras groups met for a big battle outside the stadium. Viking, Tradizione(former Fighters), Drughi, Irriducibili Vallette and Arditi fought each other. It all resulted in two fans getting stabbed and 50 arrests. One of the two fans who got stabbed is one of the most known ultras in Italy. His name is Gerardo Mocciola, known as Dino (you caould see a banner reading "Ciao Dino" at the Delle Alpe for years, after he was sent to prison for robery & murder in 1989. He was released in 2005 & reformes the Drughi group. Dino is a legend not only among Juventus fans, but is also highly respected by other supportergroups in Italy.

After the entire Juventus board changed, new and old groups came forward, and Drughi and Dino are under attack from other Juventus groups who want to take command. The two Turin born brothers who were in charge of Fighters have now started a new ultras group called Tradizione. And they willl do anything to get the power back. But the war isn't only between Drugi, Arditi and Tradizione. Milano based group Viking have never liked Drughi and also they now battle for power. In addition to this the group that previously controlled La Curva Nord, Irriducibili Vallette, have made a comeback after the man that banned them from the stadium is no longer a Juventus director. So it's still all in the blue who will command the Juventus fans in Serie B.

Hope that help.:smoke:
    What about Nucleo 1985, where are they in all of this?

Jul 2, 2006
    Juve material shows himself in most important minutes like 5 maggio 2002

our material is winner spirit

some players have this,like Scirea,Platini,Del Piero,Nedved,Buffon

and inter material:yuck:

lose and cry

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
    Oh please. Why does everyone want to suck Paul's dick. Is it really that tasty? If you ask me, this is one easy thread to make. The sole purpose here is to make fun of the less intelligent Juve fans on this board. Not that I am against that though :).
    Why do you think that you are so supreme in intelligency?

IMO people use "Juve material" phrase just because they don´t wanna see a player in Juventus for whom they think that he won´t succeed, and that is fair enough, of course Juventus had some mediocre players, hell we even have them now...

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    some people call juventus a classy club, as opposed to, say, inter as trashy club. therefore juve material = classy players, e.g. del piero. which is loads of tosh. the latest example being trez.

in general, juve material = world class = milan material = inter material = man utd, chelsea, barca etc material.
    I don't believe in such things, these are related to the directors or the coaches, Moratti or sensi for example might not be Clasy, but that doesn't make their clubs un-clasy like everyone claims.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)