Juve - Man Utd preview (1 Viewer)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Well, here's my perspective on things, bearing in mind that I feel completely and utterly humiliated and embarassed right now.

Buffon: Did OK I guess, but the second goal he could have at least moved :rolleyes: he looked far from at his unbeatable best, thats for sure. Perhaps we can use the flu excuse, but really he just didn't seem up for it.

Thuram: Our best defender, which isn't saying a lot, since the others were all crap. Wasn't his usual self, but maybe again this is due to flu. Played OK, did nothing wrong really except not kicking Ferrara hard enough!

Ferrara: Poor game for Ciro IMO. COmbined with Montero, they played as if they were even older than they are. Let Giggs waltz right through the middle of them twice, which is unforgiveable, particularly as they didn't even get close to him!

Montero: Even worse! what he was doing with that reckless slide attempt for the first goal god only knows. As a whole, this central defence partnership obviously is not good enough for Europe, as we have seen in the past weeks.

Zambrotta: Must have read the dictionary definition of 'piss-poor' before the game, and modelled himself on it! What he was doing for the first goal only he can tell, and then minutes later he attempted the same suicidal backpass yet again! Unbelievable! His crossing was generally poor too

Conte: No substitute for Tach. He obviously lacks the required skills to still be playing at this level, as he was outplayed by Phil Neville and Butt. Terrible pass to concede possession for Giggs' second goal as well.

Camoranesi: Not his best game by any stretch, but still our most dangerous player. Worked tirelessly right to the end for the cause, putting in some fantastic crosses, and actually keeping the ball very well. Worked well with Nedved towards the end when defeat was assured

Davids: Did OK really, but I wish he'd stop pissing about on the ball. How many times does he think he can get away with trying to take on three players at once, then falling over to win a dubious FK? That aside though, he played wuite well, though as usual his passing wasn't great.

Nedved: Didn't really get a grip on the game as we should have liked. When Nedved gets a grip on a game, he can change the entire course of it, but last night he was not really up for it. After it was 3-0, he started playing well to give him credit, but we needed him before that.

Di Vaio: Was he even playing?

Trezeguet: Very poor. How many piss chances does he need to score? Seriously, Van Nistlerooy would have buried at least two of Trezeguet's chances last night. His header onto the bar was very poor, should have scored, as in that occasion where he tried to flick it over keane on to his right side :wallbang:
aside from his chances, he did absolutely bugger all, like always. If he's not scoring, he's no ue whatsoever for the team.

Overall, Manchester United looked like they could cut through us at will last night, whereas we never seriously looked like scoring. We missed dp more than ever last night, and it howed. Without him, we are nothing, just as I'd feared. We are gonna have to hope he returns by the depo game, otherwise my friends, we are OUT!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Sh@d0w

Dec 7, 2002
well... after this game something makes me think that we wont beat inter and will especially not make it when vieri is on the run.

seriously... this game was crap.

and we need to beat up deportivo next game if we want any chanse to go trough to the quarters.

by the way... if u check the highlights only u could think manchester was playing against lets say Torino or something. i recorded the game so i will watch it soon and perhaps we didnt play like torino wannabes, did we?

mate

Aug 28, 2002
What to say... Man Utd dominated the all match.
Ther's nobody who is particolar guilty, they were just better than Juve.
But don't be negative cause we can easily still quilify cause Depor have to come in Torino and to play vs Man Utd.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Man, the goals were gifts! ManU didn't creat any goal! Juve was the better team! Look at the game-stats! More ball possesion, more chances! Our offense was good, specialy in the first half! Bad Luck! Everybody now says we suck, and won't go to the next stage! Man, thats not true!

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Of course Juve had more ball possession... Man Utd scored after 15 minutes! I don't say Juve sucked... is just that they looked a bit confused and Man Utd was superior even if they were not so aggressive. Anycase considering that Depo lost with Basilea and have to play with the Red Devils and come to Turin I thing we can easily make it to go to the next stage!

Aug 20, 2002
Yes you are right Tom we did suck, but i just wondered if it was at the knock out stage if Manure would still play so relaxed, of course they wouldnt they would attack us and we would attack them more like the first leg, i know we should have done much much better i am just saying that dont count us out until we are actually knocked out as on our day we can give anyone a run for their money. I just want to know also in the CL is it Goal difference or the results head to head between the teams that would count in the event of teams being drawn on points?

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
no point denying it, we sucked!

we deserved exactly what we got..nothing!
Very true, that's how I feel about the match too.

The match showed what we can't do, hold the ball and dominate an opponent, as we don't have the offensive powers. Like Conte or Tudor, we can't hold the ball with them in midfield, they can't pass or do anything. Camo is more of dribbler, Nedved can only go forward, we only have Davids who can pass the ball around. It's about time we buy a DM that knows how to pass and do some basic stuff(Guardiola style).

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Nekton ] ++
If we had taken advantage of the chances we had we'd all be singing a different tune right now.
oh yes, the notorious Trez..apparently the best box finisher in the world

:howler:

Torkel, we already got a DM like that but he was suspended yesterday. Tacchinardi is in superb form recently (the parma game, the away game to Man U where he was MOM both times)

what we need is a decent partner for him, I.e. Riquelme, Veron or somebody like him, so that we can sell Davids and stop him going on his ridiculous runs where he ends up nowhere!

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Ronaldinhoisgod ] ++
I just want to know also in the CL is it Goal difference or the results head to head between the teams that would count in the event of teams being drawn on points?
head to head results mate, so in reality if we beat Depor (which we still should do) then we are just about through so long as Basel don't beat us

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Nekton ] ++
If we had taken advantage of the chances we had we'd all be singing a different tune right now.
That's true, but we the defense and midfield sucked, and since we didn't score on our chances the attack sucked too...

Aug 20, 2002
Sell Davids!!!
No way he is our best mid he may not be the most offensive or Defensive but he is great player at holding the midfield together. IMO we need davids to play alongside creative mid like mmm? Ronaldinho man did you see his goal for PSG this weekend he will leave them in the summer i say give PSG salas plus cash for him

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Davids and Ronaldinho would not work as a central partnership. Both are not defensive enough. Ronaldinho would be up front and Davids trying to score Maradona's second goal against england with EVERY touch he has!

We need a holding player, and a creative player, for which IMO TAcchi and Roman/VEron/Baraja/Ballack fits the bill

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

Torkel, we already got a DM like that but he was suspended yesterday. Tacchinardi is in superb form recently (the parma game, the away game to Man U where he was MOM both times)

what we need is a decent partner for him, I.e. Riquelme, Veron or somebody like him, so that we can sell Davids and stop him going on his ridiculous runs where he ends up nowhere!
No, no, no.....

I don't get to see every game, but I've seen Tacchi enough times to know that that isn't true. I was very surprised when he played like he did against Manu, he rarely plays that good.

When I watched Brescia-Juve earlier this season Tacchi ruined our entire play with his crap dribble attemps and lousy passes. I love Tacch, so if he can produce performances like that agaisnt Manyooo he can play all he wants, but I'm convinced that he can't, sadly.

Davids is a superb player, we can't sell him, we'll collapse like Zambrotta trying to make a backpass to the keeper.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
if I didn't have to go in a miute I'd reply :D

but it seems you don't rate Tacchi that high..fair enough, I didn't until his recent displays.

Selling Davids would not be such a disaster IMO, its not like he actually makes a positive contribution at present!

Aug 20, 2002
Did you notice man u goals all cam from mistakes both matches
First match
Goal 1 Montero falls over whilst holtrying to control the ball gives away corner, corner taken quickly and Juve not even marking some players, then Chimenti does poor save.
Goal 2 Davids trys to run the ball clear and gives ball to Becham who passes for the goal.
Second match
Goal 1 Zamby crashes to the ground giving ball to veron who passes for the goal.
Goal 2 Conte gives ball away in mid giggs scores
Goal 3 Tudor chests a useless beckham cross that is going out against the post and into Nistelrooiy who scores.

God it makes me annoyed how we gift man u 5 goals in 2 matches thats more impressive than Vieri's goal's tally

Sh@d0w

Dec 7, 2002
Deportivo is kinda doing good atm... maby the 1-0 win against basel wasnt the best results but they are getting back in form. 6-0 against alaves or wtf it was... the goals were magnific. i saw the highlights n stuffs so im kinda worried about this game.

but 1 thing... if we beat up inter we can do anything ;).

so i hope the results will be great against inter + darn udinese which is doing well also. if we manage those games i think we will beat Deportivo + basel. and we are in the quarters. further i dont think we can go. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)