Juve - Man Utd preview (7 Viewers)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Sh@d0w ] ++
haha nice one... what dont u do for juventus ;)

:devil:
You should have seen it, I saw the guy reaching for the last issue of La Gazzetta so I quickly grabbed it, threw the money to the cashier and ran like hell - the guy tried to chase me (all the time shouting things I won't quote here) but he gave up!

Tom - Zambrotta's a fine player!

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
Tom - Zambrotta's a fine player!
well, each to his own :cool:

I guess he's better than paramatti, that's something to be proud of :howler:

just out of interest, what makes him such a 'fine' player?

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
just out of interest, what makes him such a 'fine' player?
He's a good winger (and he CAN pass, though not like Overmars or Giggs) and he can also defend reasonably good. The fact that he can play in so many different positions means that we must keep him so he can easily fill in for injured/suspended players.
A fine sub, he is!

For the record - I would have played Pessotto ;)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
For the record - I would have played Pessotto ;)
good ;)

OK I see what you're saying about zambo. He's versatile, I'll give him that, and able to do an average/mediocre job in many different roles :D good sub then maybe, but I'd rather sell him and bring a youngun' through

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Give Zambrotta credit, as he played well as a leftback. However, playing well for couple of games and playing well for entire season is all different matter. At one stage, I am pretty sure Zambrotta is going to hit the wall, as most players do when they change positions.
At this moment, I would prefer Silvestre as a LEFTBACK than Zambrotta, even though he is hardly my favorite leftback in the world. As slack pointed out, Silvestre has no discipline as a defender. He doesn't set him self in the right position, doesn't anticipate too much, and slides in too much for my liking. Most good defenders keep their feat on the ground when they face one on one with the attacker. However, he does have good raw tools, which he often fail to capitalize. He has electrifying pace, very good technique for a defender, good crossing ability, not bad tackling ability.

By the way, I think Pessetto should play instead of Zambrotta against Man U. Luca did well in the second half as a leftback, and I wonder why on earth Lippi fielded him as a rightback against Man U. He should have put Zenoni against Giggs and Pessetto against Beckam would have made much more sense.
Oh yeah, O'Shea looked a good defender. Quick, decisive, good anticipation, decent going forward, strong. I liked him a lot.
More than Silvestre.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
How things can change in a single week! I wouldn't believe it if I didn't saw it myself! :down: This was not Juventus ... as the team had no spirit, no determination, but boosted with errors that are rookie (and even then not in such an extant) mistakes ....

That things went bad today is an understatement! I haven't seen such a bad performance from Juve in a long time. I will not admit that ManUtd was playing better today, we simplay sucked ... from goalkeeping to attack. Or I was just too excited from the last week's performance and expected too much with our almost full squd ... possible :angel:

The thing that bothers me most is that we got such silly goals. The nick La Vecchia Signora pretty much describes our acting today, as the aging defence and the slow Conte in the midfield were causing more than one trouble. It's easy to talk now, but IMO Tacchi would do a much better job. At least from what I saw in the last couple of games. Ciro IMO did great, especially after that kick Thuram passed him ( :rolleyes: Watch out next time will ya!) at the beginning of the 2nd half and once again chose to fight than give up :touched: Montero on the other hand ... living disaster :undecide: Our young, (and getting a bit doubtful) talented defender Tudor almost scored an own-goal! :eek: But at least he has a bonus of not playing for quite a while now and even when he poped up on the pitch he was set in the midfield. And Zambo was not a good idea for the back line, at least not in this match ... we were too exposed. And did anyone else saw a foul on him right before Giggs scored the 1st? :rolleyes: Damn Veron! When you look at the final result it doesn't matter if it's one gola more or less, but it was the opening goal and if it wouldn't come soo soon, we would have played differently.

Nedved as usual was a fighter ... from where does he have soo much energy, even I can't measure up with him!? Whenever I see that commercial for Duracel (batteries) and see those bunnies I think of Neddy :D Too bad he couldn't score one of those, I call them frustration, goals from a few meters and with great power!

The attack was not working all too well ... Trez was useless and lost every air battle with Rio and co. The onyl real opportunity was the header that hit the post ... I already saw the goal! It would have been soo sweet :mad: Di Vaio, although not showing anything worth mentioning, shouldn't be subbed for Marcelo ... Marcelo Who? :rolleyes: Why was Zalayeta on the bench, not because he missed the penalty on the weekend?

I wanna forget this match as soon a possible! *already on the way of getting rid of the tape*

Positive view:
IMO Depo won't be such a handful as ManUtd, plus we are playing at home which I think is a plus. But we will have to work very hard, especially in the defence as it is the part where we suffer the most. The attack will do fine, with or without DP. Basel too, will be conquered!

Negative view:
As usual it is not up to us if we will go through or not and this is where we should bang our heads against the wall ... ManUtd is already qualified and will not play with full power. Especially not against Depo, AWAY, in the last round! :scared: Come on Lippi, invite Fergie to lunch and make a deal! :D

hoshi

Sep 2, 2002
can't talk. too grouchy.

my brother woke me up yelling something along the lines of "3-0! you suck!"

what hurts is that we did suck.

oh well

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
i'm soo pi$$ed off at what i've seen today that i'm pissed at the whole world.
the last time a saw a team play like this was when Saudi Arabia "played" like crap against Germany in the 2002 WC (8-0).

How could juve concede three goals!!!! and at Home too!! :eek:!!!!
nobody has scored against juve for 722 minutes in the CL at home!!!

this was juve's worst result in Europe ever!!

What tops off today's $hitty game is that i missed two classes to prepare for watching the game.
It's also the first game i've seen for juve since the friendly against the World XI in the UAE. (no games here in the USA :groan:)

i dont know what to say or think.
EVERYTHING WENT WRONG!!!!!!

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
As usual it is not up to us if we will go through or not
Of course it's up to us. If we beat Depor and Basel there's nothing anyone can do...

Man. United 12
Juventus 4
Deportivo 4
Basel 3

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
We've got no other choice but to win against Depor and Basel. BOTH!! Cos I'm definitely 99.9% sure that MU will be fielding in their reserves for their coming 2 CL games, and it'll be no wonder if they're gonna get defeated by Depor and Basel.

I'm really pissed and utterly dissapointed at tonight's match. After the second goal, I switched off my TV. I couldn't bare to watch any further cos it really hurts to see Juve play like that :down:

The first goal was our mistake. Not a single central defender around, and the only guy there was Davids and he couldn't do anything :( Then comes Conte's BIG mistake. The moment his pass was intercepted by Giggs, I knew that it's gonna turn really bad for us, and true enough they scored their 2nd goal :down:

Buffon was definitely NOT himself today. I remembered reading that someone said "Buffon could've easily saved Brown's header if he were to play last week instead of Chimenti" and I agreed. I know that he can do much better that this.

-S-

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++

Nedved as usual was a fighter ... from where does he have soo much energy, even I can't measure up with him!? Whenever I see that commercial for Duracel (batteries) and see those bunnies I think of Neddy :D
:D yeah, such a good player...and he's 29 years old. I think he enjoy of being a footballer, it doesn't matter if he's popular or not, his life is for football not being a celebrity :)

anyway, Man Utd is too tough for us, 3-0 defeated in home is unbelievable! But it's not over yet, it's time to get another points from another matches.:angel:

FORZA JUVE~:thumb:

juventusi

Jul 22, 2002
i will say it once and for all:

if we cant beat depo at home then we r hopeless for the next several years and tht's a shame.

however, if we do beat depo then we r assured of qualifiction

juve 7 depo 4 basel 6 a draw at basel will be enough
juve7 depo 4 basel 4 even a loss at basel is not important because

juve 7 depo7 basel 7 we have superior head-to-head record against both

FORZA JUVE FOR NOW

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Am really pissed off. I switched off the telly after the third goal. We sucked big time. I need a place to hide coz the Man U fans are killing me.
On the positive side I think (ok I hope) this is the end of our CL slump and we hope to beat Depor & Basle.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
I saw the game!
Here is my view:

In offense we played good, but in defense we sucked!

Buffon: Looked not good at the goals from Giggs! He could have done more on the second, when he just stood there, and watched the ball!

Thuram: Good game! Made some fine runs down the right!

Ferrara: Same as Thuram! Played good, and even with a cut in his head, he played on! What a player!

Montero: Well, he didn't play good all the season! Think we will sell him after this season, and he played without Motivation!

Zambrotta: Bad Luck! He stepped on the ball and fell on the ground! Veron said thank you! But he really looked good, when he came in offense and made some fine passes! Wasn't that bad!

Conte: The worse player! He relly made nothing! Give him a break!

Davids: Showed again his spirit! A real fighter! Maybe the best player with Nedved!

Camoranesi: Looked very good! I really enjoyed his runs on the right! Played great and nearly scored a goal!

Nedved: Same as Caom! These two players were great! When Del Piero comes back, we will have a great creativity!

Di Vaio: Expected little bid more, but didn't play that bad!

Trezeguet: Bad Luck! Played so good! He should have scored! And he was fouled in the box by O'Shea! Man, he was great!

Tudor: I like him that much, but he was nothing that shit! I doubt that he should play defender next year! That was such an awful mistake! We relly need to buy a high class def, cause this guy will not take us that far! But maybe he just needs some time!

Salas played not that bad, had some chances!

Alll in all I think we should go on playing the 4-2-3-1, even if DP comes back! Conte should be replaced by Tacchinardi and we have to do something with the defense! Maybe give Biri another chance! But...................Moggi will have to buy a high class defender in the summer! If not, say good by to all the dreams!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)