Juve - Man Utd preview (2 Viewers)

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
I would not mind that much coz Tudor is short on match fitness. And if we field him then he might get injured. What a paradox!!!

Bongiovi

Jul 12, 2002
I heard off one of the United Boffs here today that key players could be rested tonight......mmmmmm....like I really think Fergie will do that!.....

Bongiovi

Jul 12, 2002
director general Luciano Moggi has revealed that he isn't impressed with David Beckham, insisting he wouldn't improve the Italian's team.

The Manchester United ace has recently been linked with the top clubs from Spain and Italy after he famously received a boot in the face from manager Sir Alex Ferguson.

However, Moggi said: "I don't think he is a phenomenal player, and I don't think he will come to Italy because he is not someone who will change your team. David Beckham is liked more by women than me."

His comments come ahead of tonight's showdown between the two sides in Turin in the Champions League. The England captain will now be out to make Moggi eat his words.

HAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAA....
whoops....get ya claws in!

Bongiovi

Jul 12, 2002
This is on United's website....but its all I can find..

Juve got to be joking
Sir Alex Ferguson is ready to leave a host of his established stars out of tonight's Champions League clash with Juventus to ensure they are ready for Sunday's Worthington Cup final. Fergie is likely to consider the previously unthinkable tonight and rest Roy Keane. The United skipper was set to return to the Stadio Delle Alpi, scene of his heroic display in United's 3-2 semi-final victory over Juventus in 1999, but may find himself rested this time around. Keane is unable to train two days before or after a game because of a hip problem and Fergie may feel that the inspirational midfielder may not have had enough recovery time from the 1-1 draw with Bolton at the weekend. And Ferguson is also toying with the idea of resting top scorer Ruud van Nistelrooy and Ryan Giggs. For Manchester United, the Champions League has always taken priority over the Worthington Cup, which was long regarded as a meaningless competition by Ferguson and his players, who set their sights on bigger prizes.
David McDonnell, Daily Mirror

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by slack ] ++
Silvestre? You've gotta be kidding us, Paolo! This guy was a flop in Inter and anybody half-decent in the Premiership has shown him up in his place proper several times over. Camo certainly had fun with him. I do not deny he has some pace and ability going forward but his defensive side of the game is atrocious ... a frustrated winger of a fullback.
yeah, I'm kidding you all, silvestre is utter bollocks, and zambrotta is the best left back in the world

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
anyhow back on topic, if Fergie decides to rest RVn (prays) then I think their cutting edge has gone, and with a re-inforced backline including the returning Thuram and Buffon, we should have no problems coping with Forlan or whatever elese he throws at us.

At the other end of the pitch, I still worry about our ability to actually cut through them and score, maybe we are relying too much on a lucky long ranger or penalty. Lets hope Trez actually gets off his arse and shows the world that he is a quality finisher, not just a lazy sod. Di VAio is playing well, lets hope for more of those pacy runs out wide...and basically lets hope for a win, its certainly possible given last week's performance..I hope for a sold out SDA but it will never happen :sigh:

anyway forza juve!

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
If it's any consolation, I was watching the game on TV3 with a Norwegian commentator.. Needless to say, the 45 minute long before-the-match show was mostly about how Rosenborg's pre-season is coming, then about ManU. Not a mention of Juve, of the flu issue, nothing at al.

Then, in the course of the match nothing too controversial, though they never had anything postivie to say about Juve. Completely ignorant. And once ManU scored that second goal, the post match comments were all about how they "deservedly" won the game. :rolleyes:
I know, it pissed me off completely. I was close to sending them an e-mail about it, but I forgot it:)D), I'll do it if it's just as bad today.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
After reading all this I feel so happy about Dutch coverage of the match!

We have Johan Cruyff giving his opinion about the match and Ruud Gullit (who speaks Italian after playing with Milan) interviewing Lippi and, if he can catch them, some players!

Only two words about Ruud van Nistelrooy will cover all the talk about Man Utd as Davids is more popular, thank heavens!

Here's our line-up according to La Gazzetta Dello Sport. I hope it's right because I almost had to beat up a guy to get the newspaper at the trainstation!

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
We have Johan Cruyff giving his opinion about the match and Ruud Gullit (who speaks Italian after playing with Milan) interviewing Lippi and, if he can catch them, some players!
The world is such cruel place. Me and Torkel have to put it with tv3.. :frown:

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Pessotoo played well against Man U, and got better in the second half IMO, surely that is a sign that his fitness levels are good?

plus zambrotta is crap but thats beside the point

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++

The world is such cruel place. Me and Torkel have to put it with tv3.. :frown:
:frown::(:down:

At least it's not tv2.....

Long live Arne Scheie!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
Zambrotta crap? You're kidding, right?
maybe I was not harsh enough.. :undecide:

he can't take people on, can't cross, can't shoot, can't pass......

therefore by my reckoning he's crap

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)