Juve - Man Utd preview (1 Viewer)

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
At least British know they are biased.;)

That is not always the case in other parts of the world.

Well done:thumb: to those non-biased Brits.

As far as I am concerned, our first team is substantially better than Man U's (let's face it, how many United players would make into our first team), and I think Brits should be ready for someting nasty come the next match. Beside, we would have won the game had Alex and Buffon was available on the team. Buffon would have saved that weak Brown's header blindfolded and Alex, always plays well against Man U. Remeber the second fastest goal in the CL's history?:D.

Buffon-Thuram, Ciro, Montero, Pessetto- Camoranesi, Conte, Davids- Nedved- Trezeguet, Di Vaio
This line up should be good enough.
Certainly, Zidane thinks so. I remeber him saying that Juve will go very far in this year's tournament.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
congratulations on your 300th post!

I'd like to pick on one point, where you say we are substantially better than man United. I totally disagree, Veron, Beckham, heck even Brown and Silvestre, would probably get in our team right now.

Like your lineup though. I'd be confident of getting somethign with that team, the only weakness is Conte but thats life

OP
JuveBoy

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
  • Thread Starter #43
    One thing is sure: wel will miss Tachi. Who would be his replacement?
    I think Conte

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

I'd like to pick on one point, where you say we are substantially better than man United. I totally disagree, Veron, Beckham, heck even Brown and Silvestre, would probably get in our team right now.

Like your lineup though. I'd be confident of getting somethign with that team, the only weakness is Conte but thats life
    Thank you Paolo.
    But I have to disagree on Brown though.:D.
    I think at this moment of time both Ciro and Montero is a better defender. Brown just don't have the command in the defence that Ciro and Montero have. His positioning could do with some improvement and he is not as natural defenders as Paolo and Ciro. He can improve though, as he is pretty young defender. Beside, I am comparing him with two of the great defenders of 90s.:).
    Brown will become a very good defender but right now I would still choose Ferrara and Montero. That is just my opinion.:)
    And yes, both Beckham, Veron, and Silvestre will make into our team. But then again, I don't think they will improve the team substantially. I can't imagine them, with maybe the exception of Veron, of becoming the core of this team which includes Thuram, Buffon, Alex, and Trezeguet. I also think Nedved and Davids are better players than Beckam or Silvestre or Keane.
    However, the margins at the top level is very little and after all, football is a team game. So there is no reason why Man U cannot beat us. Nevertheless, we should be able to beat them at our own stadium considering the tradition and players that we have.

I agree with Conte being not as good player as others but I think he can useful in Man U game. One thing you can be sure about Conte is that he will give 300% every game with immense passion. I just love this guy.:). I think the key could be Conte and Davids winning the midfield battle against Veron and Keane and Conte's battling attribute can be an useful assest in that aspect.

OP
    JuveBoy

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
  • Thread Starter #46
    Who can translate this please:

Col Manchester senza Tacchinardi
    24 02 2003
    Oltre all'infortunato Alessandro Del Piero, sarà Alessio Tacchinardi
    l'altro grande assente della sfida di domani sera contro il Manchester. Il
    centrocampista è infatti squalificato a causa dell'ammonizione (la quarta
    da inizio della competizione) rimediata mercoledì scorso all'Old Trafford.
    Non ci sono invece squalificati tra gli inglesi che, al contrario,
    ritrovano anche Veron assente all'andata. Capitolo diffidati: rischiano lo
    stop Davids, Ferrara e Iuliano tra i bianconeri, Ferdinand, Gary Neville,
    Ricardo e Scholes tra i britannici

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    it says delpiero is out, tacchi is suspended because of his booking, veron returns for Man U and there are doubts over scholes, ferdy and gary neville, and for us, ferrara, Iuliano and Davids.

I think!

Sh@d0w

Dec 7, 2002
    cant wait to see this game... unfortunatly im not at home so i wont be able to see it live but i will record it :).

by the way... does anyone have an idea of how to copy from VHS to computer?

forza juventus... 3 points we will get perhaps. man utd shouldnt have won last game and now we want revenge... 3 points for us is great cuz we need points... :(

sheva

Aug 7, 2002
    This game is based on motivation, and with many first rate players coming into this game fired up, I just can't see us losing ground:eek:
    YES, I am a Juventini and I support the team and most importantly Lippi's decisions and tactics.
    ps I heard he would use Di Viao as left mid.
    Juventus shall be victorious,that I know, but it is the margin I cannot say!!!
    COME BACK ALEX:fero::fero::fero:

sheva

Aug 7, 2002
    This is from soccerage, maybe it will solve some of your queries:D

Champions League Preview: Juventus-Manchester United

02/24/2003. AT STAKE:
    Boosted by the recovery of almost all of their previously sick players, Juventus will shoot for a payback win over Manchester United when they host the Red Devils on Tuesday evening at the Stadio Delle Alpi.

Despite last week's defeat in Manchester, the Bianconeri still hold a pretty solid second place in the qualifying group D. A win over the Red Devils would mean securing an important advantage over Deportivo La Coruna, who will visit Juve in the next round, and Basel, who were already hammered by Lippi's team with a clear 4-0.

Curiously, the Old Trafford loss was a further confirmation of how healthy and confident the hosts are at the moment. The Bianconeri were expected to be in deep trouble, as almost half of their roster was sidelined with the flu, but following Wes Brown's early goal Juve played a really good match, giving Manchester plenty of problems and going close to a positive result they probably deserved.

Manchester United will be delighted to get themselves back into Champions League action. The European scene has provided a refuge all season from their troubles at home. They have a one hundred percent record in the second phase so far and require only a point against Juventus to ensure qualification for the quarter finals.

What a contrast this is with their domestic position. It seemed that they had managed to turn everything around, but after a couple of poor league draws as well as their exit from the F.A. Cup, the United players must be relishing getting out of the country. At least they will be able to concentrate on football, rather than having to field questions about flying boots and Sven's position as England manager.

They may be travelling to Turin to face a Juventus side that is one of the most resurgent in Europe, but the Reds will certainly not have any fear about the match. For not only did they defeat the same side just six days ago, but they are returning to the scene of their greatest triumph.

The Champions League final may have been in Barcelona in '99, yet it was in the semi-final in Turin that United stamped their mark on the competition. From 2-0 down, they fought back, winning 3-2 after a Roy Keane inspired performance. Ferguson will hope that similar surroundings can give his team a kick start for the run in.

TEAM NEWS:
    Only suspended midfielder Tacchinardi and long-term injured skipper Del Piero will be sidelined for the hosts, while Buffon, Iuliano, Thuram, Birindelli, Zambrotta, Salas and Di Vaio, all of whom missed the Old Trafford clash with the flu, will surely be available.

Coach Marcello Lippi is expected to confirm the tactical innovation he introduced a few weeks ago. French David Trezeguet will be the lone man upfront, supported by a 3-man offensive line composed by Di Vaio on the left, Nedved in the middle and Camoranesi on the right.

Man United: Paul Scholes and Wes Brown are definitely out of the clash, and haven't travelled with the squad. Scholes is still struggling with the groin injury he picked up in the tie at Old Trafford, six days ago, while Wes Brown was taken off against Bolton after damaging a hamstring.

Mikael Silvestre is hopeful of returning, but is still nursing an ankle problem. If he does come in he could partner Rio Ferdinand at centre back, or return to his more familiar left back role, with John O'Shea moving inside. Ferguson will need to decide whether to bring in Nicky Butt to strengthen the midfield or to push Ole Solskjaer up alongside Ruud Van Nistelrooy in attack. Butt's rustiness goes against him, but I think he'll bring the tough tackling midfielder back in, and give Giggs a roving role.

CURRENT FORM
    Juventus: WDWWLW
    Juve's recent form has been looking impressive to say the least. In the Serie A, the Bianconeri collected seven wins and a draw in their last eight outings, scoring nineteen goals and conceding just four. Last week's defeat against Manchester United was just the fourth of the season, not taking into account the Italy Cup, where Lippi always fielded plenty of reserves and even youngsters.

Man United: WWDLWD
    The European side of things remains in tact. The draws with Bolton and City have seriously damaged the challenge on the domestic front, but overseas United remain dominant. Juventus may have dominated the possession at Old Trafford, with a weakened side, but the result was just further evidence that this United is the best equipped of the English sides to play the correct way to dominate in Europe. They will adopt a similar style again, and it'll be interesting to see if the Italians attempt something different to combat it.

PLAYERS TO WATCH
    Juventus: Pavel Nedved.
    Without Del Piero, the devastating offensive insertions of the Czech forward seem to be Juve's main offensive weapon. Nedved has been looking great of late, and the Red Devils will find it hard to limit him.

Right winger Mauro Camoranesi could be another key player for the hosts. When the Bianconeri struggle to create chances against well organized defensive lines, such as Manchester's, the right winger often becomes their real go-to-guy, thanks to his ability in dribbling past his adversaries.

Man United: Ryan Giggs
    Giggs could be about to get used to the flight to Italy. Inter Milan have confirmed that they are to make a summer approach for the Welshman, and believe that it will be considered. Ferguson refused to comment on the matter, whilst Peter Kenyon is said to have indicated that no decision regarding Giggs has yet been made.

It is a great shame that a player who has represented the club with such distinction over the years, is now regarded by some to be on the scrap heap. Whether Ferguson is of the same opinion is unlikely. Giggs is a player he has nurtured since the age of 12, and their relationship is supposed to be close.

What it may boil down to is Giggs' own opinion of whether it is worth it to remain at the club, where certain fans are showing him so little gratitude. A good performance against Juventus, could turn the tables for him, but could yet harden the resolve of Inter to land their man. To those who suggest Giggs should go, what solution do they have for the left sided position?

Sh@d0w

Dec 7, 2002
    they dont have scholes... this is a golden time for us to do something... scholes is a faggot... he plays ugly, now we dont need to think about juve players getting injured. rofl

juventusi

Jul 22, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by 26 may 1999 ] ++
    Juve will be humilliated on their own turf just like last time.
    u should be ashamed of your name because on that day football became a game of luck rather than of hard work and this have hurt millions of people.

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
    Maybe the lineup would be like this:
    JUVENTUS FC (4-2-3-1):
    Chimenti
    Birrindelli-Ferrara-Montero-Zenoni
    Conte-Davids
    Camoranesi-Nedved-Di Vaio
    Trezeguet

MAN UTD (4-4-1-1):
    Barthez
    G.Neville-R.Ferdinand-Brown-O'Shea
    Beckham-Keane-Veron-Giggs
    Scholes
    vNistelrooy

Too bad I'll miss the game :down:, it's time for B.Dortmund v R.Madrid match.

well, I hope we'll win this tonight :)

FORZA JUVENTUS!!!!!!!:cool:

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
    Here are players called for the match - according official Juve site

1 Gianluigi BUFFON
    2 Ciro FERRARA
    4 Paolo MONTERO
    5 Igor TUDOR
    6 Salvatore FRESI
    7 Gianluca PESSOTTO
    8 Antonio CONTE
    9 Marcelo SALAS
    11 Pavel NEDVED
    12 Antonio CHIMENTI
    13 Mark IULIANO
    14 Cristian ZENONI
    15 Alessandro BIRINDELLI
    16 Mauro CAMORANESI
    17 David TREZEGUET
    18 Marco DI VAIO
    19 Gianluca ZAMBROTTA
    21 Lilian THURAM
    22 Landry BONNEFOI
    25 Marcelo ZALAYETA
    26 Edgar DAVIDS

So Gigi will be playing, no Chimenti. Well.. after flu..

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Ally ] ++
    Here are players called for the match - according official Juve site

1 Gianluigi BUFFON
    2 Ciro FERRARA
    4 Paolo MONTERO
    5 Igor TUDOR
    6 Salvatore FRESI
    7 Gianluca PESSOTTO
    8 Antonio CONTE
    9 Marcelo SALAS
    11 Pavel NEDVED
    12 Antonio CHIMENTI
    13 Mark IULIANO
    14 Cristian ZENONI
    15 Alessandro BIRINDELLI
    16 Mauro CAMORANESI
    17 David TREZEGUET
    18 Marco DI VAIO
    19 Gianluca ZAMBROTTA
    21 Lilian THURAM
    22 Landry BONNEFOI
    25 Marcelo ZALAYETA
    26 Edgar DAVIDS

So Gigi will be playing, no Chimenti. Well.. after flu..
    Thank goodness....:)

slack

Dec 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

Silvestre? You've gotta be kidding us, Paolo! This guy was a flop in Inter and anybody half-decent in the Premiership has shown him up in his place proper several times over. Camo certainly had fun with him. I do not deny he has some pace and ability going forward but his defensive side of the game is atrocious ... a frustrated winger of a fullback.

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    Mouthwatering .... :D

--------------------------Buffon------------------------

Thuram-----Ferrarra-----Montero-----Zambrotta

Camo-----------Tudor---------Neddy--------Davids

----------Trez----------------------Di Vaio------------

I would love to see Tudor at the defence but Lippi won't let him play there :down: What do you guys think?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)