Juve - Man Utd preview (1 Viewer)

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
I see some are blaming luck, or off day, no its the powers that be who keep buying trash and persisting with players way past their best and playing players who are so rigid its hard for them to adapt to new positions,
Hmmm..... I feel that you have a point, but I don't quite agree.

First off, I think our players are that bad, but you say they can't adapt to new positions. I would rather say that they can't adapt to new mindsets and modes. In every game we have impressed and won this year over a quality side we we have layed bakck, concentrated on not letting in goals and counter-attacked, the best example being the Milan game. With Tacch being so good at laying in front of the defenders picking up every ball, Nedveds speed and ability to attack fast and our aging defence who are great when they're able to "rest" very near their own goal, this tactic has worked great for us. It might not be very impressive sometimes, but it has it's moments.

In the recent Manyoo game however Lippi did not use the taqctic, or rather the team just didn't do it. I think we didn't cause we just couldn't do it, it would just be to weird, almost a bit embarassing. Against a Manyoo wich we outplayed at home, with Giggs and RVN on the bench and a manager who seemed like he didn't want to win we we're gonna sit back and counter attack? I think not. We chose to attack, and failed miserable. Maybe we thought we could do it, afterall we were impressive against Como, but we found out the hard way the difference between Serie A rubbish and one of Europe's finest. When we chose to attack many big problems suddenly disappeared. Who was going to be our DM distributor of the ball? Conte, Tudor? Who was going to help Nedved attack? How was our old-ass defence going to cope with Manyoo's speed?
We simply couldn't tackle all these problems, we threw in a couple of horrible mistakes, and we failed, we humiliated ourselves and we lost.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
That was the most humiliating game i have ever saw. It bugs me a lot... we were simply sux! hard to tell the truth.. but we have no other choice than improving! the game against Deportivo is the most important game this year, and if we won't win it -
nightmares again!
all the goals were our players fault!

I think it's the winter break that cause us the big damage. we just can't do the switch! we were great before the break, and we suck after the break! exactly like last year! the break kills us!!

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by tarmpropp ] ++
In the recent Manyoo game however Lippi did not use the taqctic, or rather the team just didn't do it. I think we didn't cause we just couldn't do it, it would just be to weird, almost a bit embarassing. Against a Manyoo wich we outplayed at home, with Giggs and RVN on the bench and a manager who seemed like he didn't want to win we we're gonna sit back and counter attack? I think not. We chose to attack, and failed miserable.
I have to disagree. We didn't "fail miserably". No, we created a ton of chances. And we missed them all. Hit the post, missed alone with the keeper, you name it, we had it. Had Nedved scored from that very first chance, that long ball and he was alone with Barthez, things could have been different. But we did have the chances, all of them. At the same time we made two amazing defensive errors for the first and last goal. The kind of errors you NEVER see ANY teams do. That Conte pass I can understand somewhat more, it can happen, it was unlucky. But with all the chances we missed one or even two goals from ManYoo would not have taken the win away from us.

:)

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
Zambrotta mistake was also very foolish. Ok, you slip, I understand, but at least get up and do something!!

there was another idiotic mistake when our player (don't remember who) pass to buffon with the chest and ManU player took the ball and almost scored. exactly the same like in Manchester. then it was with the head.

OP
JuveBoy

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
  • Thread Starter #149
    ++ [ originally posted by Oded ] ++
    Zambrotta mistake was also very foolish. Ok, you slip, I understand, but at least get up and do something!!

there was another idiotic mistake when our player (don't remember who) pass to buffon with the chest and ManU player took the ball and almost scored. exactly the same like in Manchester. then it was with the head.
    That was crazy Zambrotta aswell, I was :fero:

mate

Aug 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    nopers, I have to disagree with this. IF we play like we did yesterday, i.e. give them three guilt edged chances to score, we will lose again. Add this to the fact that they will play their first team, and come to win, unlike MAn U, who rested players, and would have been happy with a 0-0!
    Oh yes that true also! But my hope is that Zambro and Tudor gift were due to casuality... of course if they repeat themself there no chance! And also the first goal was IMO also cause of Veron skill I don't think everybody could jump Zambrotta that way...

The funny think is that they wanted to rest Giggs... than Forlan injured and Giggs (and than RVN instead of him) entered and they were the 2 who scored... what a bed luck!

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    LOL, I doubt that will make a big impression on them, cause to even play for Juve you have to be pretty damn fit, they have an insane fitness regime :D

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    anyone who serioualy believes zambrotta was impeded for the first goal is kidding them selves. It was a pathetic error by a poor player (IMO)

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Nobody fouled Zambrotta he just slipped by trying to be too clever instead of booting the ball to row z

My friend a Manu diehard pal called me during the game and was wondering why Zambo feels he has to try and dribble all the time and how come Nedved only plays well when Juve are playing well and when we do need him he is below average

Well Nedved gives you a lot of energy and is good against teams which are disorganised but for extra class and in Cl especially you need more than that

Look at suffering Roma, they had a class player in Totti yesterday and that was the difference, 2 goals and a sublime pass to Emerson and they win 3-0 in Valencia

Against Newcastle we played like we did on tuesday but the difference is always the difference maker in Cl games 2 goals from nowhere from Dp

Years ago in uefa cup juve were so poor against psg and were losing 1-0 to a George Weah goal then along came Baggio to score 2 goals to make us win, thats the difference all the running around of players who will give u 100% but very little class will not win Cl

Ferguson had no intention of playing Keane, Giggs and Rvn, even Beckham may have played becos of Moggi's big mouth and were more interested in sunday's game but still won 3-0

I am reading that we created chances, as if Man united scored from every chance they created

Junhide i totally disagree with you, no way in this world is Inter better than Man united and anyways I just wish our transfer campaign can include classy players as this will continue to hurt us in Cl

And when i say classy players i mean creative, with the greatest respects to Nedved, Thuram, Buffon and Davids , they may be world class players but are not creative when it comes to the real big matches

I just want to know from Lippi, why he will completely deflate the confidence of Salas, play Zalayeta ahaead of him, not play him in smaller SerieA games, then think he will be the saviour in a huge Cl game when you are 2-0 down?

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
    Denco, you always cry for creativity! We have DP, Nedved and Camo as players, who make our game, and give the deadly passes! You can't play with Aimar, Ronaldinho, Nedved, Camoranesi, Del Piero, Zidane, Ballack, D'Alessandro, Riquelme, Rosicky, Van der Vaart in one team! Stop crying about the creativity! We created more chances against ManU than ManU! We just could get the f***ing ball into the goal! We have enough creativity! If Del Piero is injured, I have to agree, we look some kind of lousy, but against ManU, we had our chances! We gave them the goals! I could have scored the goals, Giggs and Nistelrooy scored!
    When Miccoli comes, we will have a great replacement for DP!

I would like to know: Who would you buy in summer????????

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
    Denco, you always cry for creativity! We have DP, Nedved and Camo as players, who make our game, and give the deadly passes! You can't play with Aimar, Ronaldinho, Nedved, Camoranesi, Del Piero, Zidane, Ballack, D'Alessandro, Riquelme, Rosicky, Van der Vaart in one team! Stop crying about the creativity! We created more chances against ManU than ManU! We just could get the f***ing ball into the goal! We have enough creativity! If Del Piero is injured, I have to agree, we look some kind of lousy, but against ManU, we had our chances! We gave them the goals! I could have scored the goals, Giggs and Nistelrooy scored!
    When Miccoli comes, we will have a great replacement for DP!

I would like to know: Who would you buy in summer????????
    I have read everyone take on the game and with the greatest respect, you wrote the most unbelievable input I have seen so far

You actually said Ferrara had a great game and Nedved and Davids were great as well, what the hell is wrong with your Tv set?

I am sorry are you that impressed by your team that you cannot tell when they play badly, what chances are you actually refering to? From crosses , then you say Italian leagus is the most sophisticated in the world but most of our chances were from hit and hope crosses

Look at the what you have written calling every creative player you know, you do not need that many and having just one creative player in your squad is not good enough

You talk about Miccolli, what is the guarantee that Juve will play him with Dp as Italian coaches seem to not like to play 2 creative Italians , it does not matter that they do not play in the same place

I have mentioned too many creative players in the past and look at the way we were turn apart by class players, one pass from Beckham, to Veron and then forward and we are usually screwed

I am sorry but unlike you i do not condone mediocrity and to lose 6 goals at home to Man u without reply is hard to take ( Before you say anything we went 2 goals up in the last match at home between the 2 sides)

Are you not embarassed that Man united are 8 points ahead of everyone win our group and they are not even that great as Arsenal are superior

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
    True, we sucked! But you want to know what chances! 2 times on the bar! Camo with a great flick (or something like this), great shots! We were the better team! Look at the game stats!
    Nedved was the best Juve player! Great determation! I liked how he played!
    Ferrara was not guilty or responsible for the goals! He played good! My thoughts!
    Davids, I have to agree, could have done more!
    I think its a shame that ManU ''own'' this group, but we know where the mistakes were! Lippi said he made mistakes, and I want to say it one more time: WE SCORED OWNGOALS!

Don't say Juve play a bad season! I remember great games, against Inter, Milan, Kiew, Basl, Deportivo.........I agree we need someone like Miccoli, but I think we played good in offense against ManU, but were shit (and I am talking about real shit) in defense!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)