Juve - Here comes Simunic (5 Viewers)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
mark83 said:
Buying proven players.

Of course we need youngsters, but just really talented ones.

I dont believe in every young fellow who plays in Juventus Primavera.
ok fair enough...but from our youngesters who do u rate as talented. And include the loaned out players as well

Buy on AliExpress.com

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Alfio_87 said:
the Australian born turned Croatian Hot head! Famous for his 3 yellow cards v Australia at World Cup. His solid but can b quite eratic and be found out quite often! Does not suit the Juventus menality. Juve should b looking for young talent not wasting there time on short term soulutions when the fact is we have only conceded 2 goals! I am not saying we dont need a defender lets look to future and that future has no room for this hack and his mentality!
:agree: Juve doesn't need any ba'heids - the season is long & hard - we do not need people who will pick up unnecessary suspensions.
We should be looking towards the long term future & rebuilding the team with that in mind.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

alfio and all the rest; it's one thing to bash a player when you've seen him play hundreds of times and another if you've seen him play 3 games on this years wc. simunic is a good defender, on par with kovac, some say even better. my personal preference is of no matter, i don't like him, but that don't mean he's a bad player, if he was he wouldn't be playing in hertha and the cro nt.

that aside, i read a interview and here's what it said. sources are indicating the offer stands at 3mil euro plus 700,000 wages per year to joey. this a fairly reasonable price and if hertha accepts i would take a chance on simunic. he also said he has 4 years left in hertha and he can't discuss anything now, but he said if this is all true, for now it's pure speculation, he would be honoured and proud to play for juventus, nevermind the leauge we're in and bla, bla. so simunic is ready and willing for 3mil i'd go for it, not that we will be able to afford any hot-shot defenders anytime soon and simunic is 28 so if it works out we get a pretty good deal.

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
vlatko said:
alfio and all the rest; it's one thing to bash a player when you've seen him play hundreds of times and another if you've seen him play 3 games on this years wc. simunic is a good defender, on par with kovac, some say even better. my personal preference is of no matter, i don't like him, but that don't mean he's a bad player, if he was he wouldn't be playing in hertha and the cro nt.

that aside, i read a interview and here's what it said. sources are indicating the offer stands at 3mil euro plus 700,000 wages per year to joey. this a fairly reasonable price and if hertha accepts i would take a chance on simunic. he also said he has 4 years left in hertha and he can't discuss anything now, but he said if this is all true, for now it's pure speculation, he would be honoured and proud to play for juventus, nevermind the leauge we're in and bla, bla. so simunic is ready and willing for 3mil i'd go for it, not that we will be able to afford any hot-shot defenders anytime soon and simunic is 28 so if it works out we get a pretty good deal.
i seen this guy here in australia but have hardly seen him after he moved to europe but what i have seen of him at the WC and some croatia games i see his the same type but has improved! Sure he is great in the air which would suit his play in england but he would b good in Serie B, solid at times in serie A but will leak mistakes once he feels he is loosing the battle he will get desperate and thats when the cards flow. i said i would accept him in short term but why waste ur time on short term when i cant see us not making promotion to serie A with the current squad we have now! his slow, his postioning has improved but it can b slow thinking, When he cant tackle he has a wonderful tendency to give fouls which equals cards! his ball skills are average! U ask why he plays for national team when u have players such as tomas on the bench i understand why( no offence)! I have never liked this guy sure his decent and made a successful career out of it which i respect:D . I believe Kovac is a better player tho thats just personal opinion! If he came so b it tho i wouldnt b smiling about it but i would give it a go!:p

Ok and saying to watch Australia V Croatia to get a clear view of this guy was mean:D tho he was a absoulute disgrace in that match:agree: and to play like that in any game makes me think if Juve are really going to sign this guy which i dont believe will happen they must b on drugs!:D

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

the comment on tomas was again based on one croatian game, the australian one, i get the feeling that game to you was like you've won the wc.

simunic is all around a good defender, he has good positioning, great in the air, good marking, his main problem is his temperament mixed with his average tackling, but that can be improved. i also always found him unpredictable, he can be rash at times and do stupid things. all that aside he's good for the money offered and we gain much with him, simunic when in good form can be solid as a rock, too bad that good form doen't come around as much. :p still everyone was saying the same thing about kovač, but he was from bayern so he had a plus there i guess, and kovać turned out pretty good. why not simunic?

take it from me, they are the same type of players, i'd say kovač is better, but when someone like bilic has enourmous confidence in you that's gotta mean something, get that australian game out of your head, it's one game.

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
vlatko said:
the comment on tomas was again based on one croatian game, the australian one, i get the feeling that game to you was like you've won the wc.

simunic is all around a good defender, he has good positioning, great in the air, good marking, his main problem is his temperament mixed with his average tackling, but that can be improved. i also always found him unpredictable, he can be rash at times and do stupid things. all that aside he's good for the money offered and we gain much with him, simunic when in good form can be solid as a rock, too bad that good form doen't come around as much. :p still everyone was saying the same thing about kovač, but he was from bayern so he had a plus there i guess, and kovać turned out pretty good. why not simunic?

take it from me, they are the same type of players, i'd say kovač is better, but when someone like bilic has enourmous confidence in you that's gotta mean something, get that australian game out of your head, it's one game.
Well the top one is true thats the only ever game of tomas i have ever seen and it was a great appearance!:D It was great to draw v croatians as i had many croatians here in australia where not even going for the nation they where born in!:tdown: But it wasent like winning the wc of course!:disagree: A win would have been sweeter tho!:D

I will give simunic a chance if he came but lets pray he dosent come!:D

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

well i'm not praying my ass off that he comes either, but we certainly could do a lot worse.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
sateeh said:
ok fair enough...but from our youngesters who do u rate as talented. And include the loaned out players as well

Gasbarroni, Sculli, Gastaldello, Chiumiento, Konko and Paolucci.

Actually, Gasbarroni and Sculli are not youngsters anymore but I rate them quite good.

Kapo and Olivera are not young anymore too, but they would be useful, so I would bring them back too.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
vlatko said:

:agree:

Very true Vlatko, good explanations and conclusions. Same goes for Boumsong.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
mark83 said:
Gasbarroni, Sculli, Gastaldello, Chiumiento, Konko and Paolucci.

Actually, Gasbarroni and Sculli are not youngsters anymore but I rate them quite good.

Kapo and Olivera are not young anymore too, but they would be useful, so I would bring them back too.
imo

Sculli-i remember he had a good first season with chievo, he played very well.Then he just faded.He doesnt have that much talent in the first place.Thats why we didnt see him playing much in serie A for like two seasons.

Gasbarroni-i like him, he has so much talent and pace.The problem with him is that hes inconsistent.

Konko-seen him playing a couple of times this season and didnt convince me.He has a bit of potential,speed, but not a very good crosses and touch.

didnt see much of Gastaldello,Chiumtino,and Paolucci(head some good things abt him, hoping i would see him playing this season with Ascoli)

Kapo- he has great technical ability,pace but the problem with him is that hes low in confidence.To his credit, we didnt show much in him and i was hoping this season would be his chance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)