Juve doing without del piero?! (1 Viewer)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
we could have lost to ManU that day with Diego Maradona, at his best, on your team!!

why do u only focus on the negative!

today's game even ferther proves the point that juve have great character. beating udinese at home!

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

why would i let the Inter game fool me!!?
and what is this about it being easy to beat them!?!! common. you think playing on the counter attack is easy. if it were so, juve wouldn't have lost 9 points at the end of the 0001 season when lazio won!!
juve could have just "played on the counter! as it's easY!!"

u think beating a team like Inter 3-0 is easy!!! we couldn't have dont that a few seasons ago even when inter were'nt title contenders!!

ok, you dont want to talk about Inter!
how about PARAM!!.
we beat them AWAAAAAY WITHOUT Del Piero and we havn't won there in years!! dont tell me that was easy too. are you also gonna say that Parma had a bad day and i shouldn't let that game fool me either!!

Hell, what about Como! we beat them 3-1 witout DP!!

All these suggest that juve CAN last SOME TIME without DP.

but i'm not dumn enough to think that DP has no impact. i've explained it in this thread. we all know what he can do to a team. Of course we need him against Depor.
your last sentence (quoted in bold letters) is OBVIOUS. i've already said that!!! in my previous post.

but why would you risk DP. even if he does make an impact, he could still get injured in the game and be out for the rest of the season!! what would u gain there!? only being one step closer to qualifying! Then what?!! be in the same situation except that DP will be out for the rest of the season!!!

another point you miss is that DEPORTIVO ALSO HAAAAVE TO WIN. So isn't that enough to make them want to attack. which makes the counter attack strategy an option and therefore, DP not so nessesary!
Did you watch both games or are you like most ppl on here making judgements without actually watching the games and passing comments about things you did not see

We were okay against Parma who were pathetic on that day, not that they have brilliant in any games I have seen and against Inter, it does not matter about the players on the field its the way they played and everyone criticised Inter's performance as for Como if u cannot beat Como then why are u in Cl

In cl against Spanish teams you need more than heart , u need guile as well and after thinking about it, we were poor against man united but we are not as bad as that performance showed Depor do not have to win, they can draw and beat Man united in last match who will not be interested in that game and do not forget if Basle do defeat Man u in Ot where they are gonna field an understrenth team it will make it interesting for us at Basle

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by mate ] ++

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
It will be better if you stuck to what you are good at and thats putting attachments of Baggio meeting Roger Ramjet and calling Julius Ceasar a Baggio fan and showing us proof:D

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
we could have lost to ManU that day with Diego Maradona, at his best, on your team!!

today's game even ferther proves the point that juve have great character. beating udinese at home!
you are right... with or without delpi,,,that game was not for us..

if we scored in that game 3 goals, then manchester score 6 and beat juve. The destiny of that game was a juve lost, no matter what they did.

it was a very bad day,,,combining bad luck and errors. but juve had opportunities too...and in the away match i think juve played better but,,again, errors in the defense closed the game.

i think that the main failure of juve, is the confussion of the firt 15 minutes,,,in champions the big oppponentes that play against juve almost always score in the first 10 minutes....because the lack of concentration or nerviosism.

im sure that when juve surpass this problem. well be truly unbeatable.

Jul 12, 2002

Maradona was never really that great in my mind, but I see your point, it wasn't our day, but why wasn't it our day. Because of luck or because of a lack of determination. Maybe both?

and I focused on the negative there as a counter-point to your lopsided focus on the positive. It is indeed all relative.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

Maradona was never really that great in my mind, but I see your point, it wasn't our day, but why wasn't it our day. Because of luck or because of a lack of determination. Maybe both?

and I focused on the negative there as a counter-point to your lopsided focus on the positive. It is indeed all relative.
Now I have read it all, world cup winner with an average team like Argentina, scudetto winner twice with a club like Napoli when SerieA was without doubt the best league in the world and you do not think he was that great, pray tell who is great in your eyes?

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Did you watch both games or are you like most ppl on here making judgements without actually watching the games and passing comments about things you did not see

We were okay against Parma who were pathetic on that day, not that they have brilliant in any games I have seen and against Inter, it does not matter about the players on the field its the way they played and everyone criticised Inter's performance as for Como if u cannot beat Como then why are u in Cl

In cl against Spanish teams you need more than heart , u need guile as well and after thinking about it, we were poor against man united but we are not as bad as that performance showed Depor do not have to win, they can draw and beat Man united in last match who will not be interested in that game and do not forget if Basle do defeat Man u in Ot where they are gonna field an understrenth team it will make it interesting for us at Basle
yes i have seen those games, though not live.

anyway, do you really think that DP can make an Impact if he were to play in the Depor game??
DP's form has always been great after comming back from injuries!! :rolleyes:

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002

yes i have seen those games, though not live.

anyway, do you really think that DP can make an Impact if he were to play in the Depor game??
DP's form has always been great after comming back from injuries!! :rolleyes:
If you thought we were impressive against Parma then we have differing views on how the game should be played. Everyone keeps harping on about his comeback form the one injury which nearly wrecked his career

First of , is that the only injury he has ever had? Did he not come back from a muscular strain last season and started playing well again till we won the scudetto?

Secondly injuring you cruciate ligament in your knee alongside injuring your achilles are the 2 most dangerous injuries a sportsman can suffer and did you take into account that his dad was seriously ill and sadly passed away during that period. For someone who obviously is close to his family , having your pop being ill will affect your form no matter how hard you are, but none thinks of that they just talk like its only recovering from a serious injury that was worrying him.

I am not saying he will make a diff or not but it will be a boost for Juve and a downer for Depor if he does play as it will give more space for Nedved and Trez cos in case if you have not noticed if you mark out Nedved , and you are a decent side, we are in trouble

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
...and did you take into account that his dad was seriously ill and sadly passed away during that period. For someone who obviously is close to his family , having your pop being ill will affect your form no matter how hard you are...
Looking at the psychological angle, Montella struggled to find his form for 6 months due to a divorce from his wife, or that was reported to be the reason anyway.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++

Looking at the psychological angle, Montella struggled to find his form for 6 months due to a divorce from his wife, or that was reported to be the reason anyway.
Thats the problem we seem to forget that first anf foremost these guys are human beings with feelings as well and Montella did not have to deal with the extra burden of coming back from a serious injury , we just expect them at the drop of a hat to be back to the player we once admired not caring that their personal lives mught be hell for them

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
in case if you have not noticed if you mark out Nedved , and you are a decent side, we are in trouble
i have noticed that too...
lately when nedved get marked, the team lose all his potential!!.

this is a problem, we are depending to much in nedved

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
i agree about the emotional side. but still, DP hasn't come back last season and made an impact immediatley. it took him a couple of games to get his form back.

If Del Piero isn't gonna play good, how will that create space for Nedved and Trez. he will just lose a lot of balls.

i think the best solution is for juve to play the same formation as if DP is playing except put DV instead. he isn't playing too bad at the moment. this will suite Nedved and Trez.

having DV would be better than an out of form DP (unless we get a pk!)
please dont assume that i mean it will take him months to recover. just a few game.

besides, i dont know why we're still arguing, DP has the flu and he won't play anyway!

Jul 12, 2002
Now I have read it all, world cup winner with an average team like Argentina, scudetto winner twice with a club like Napoli when SerieA was without doubt the best league in the world and you do not think he was that great, pray tell who is great in your eyes?
Read it carefully, I said "that great", meaning he may have been great (didn't really watch him much), but I don't believe him to be the greatest, nor do I think that he is that much better than say Del Piero, or any number of player playing today.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
yes......for this game he will be a problem,,,he will lose balls.

di vaio have to play the game of his live,,,,the strikers must score,,!! because lately the offensive line is very cold, nedved and camo are the ones that hit the net

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

Read it carefully, I said "that great", meaning he may have been great (didn't really watch him much), but I don't believe him to be the greatest, nor do I think that he is that much better than say Del Piero, or any number of player playing today.
Okay the fact that you never saw much of him is good enuff for me to forgive you for football blasphemy:D

As for comparing to Dp imo he is that much better but thats another argument

Majed , you do not have to play well to have an impact on the opposition, just your mere presence is enuff as psychologically it affects the opposition

If you are playing Arsenal today and Henry is not on the team sheet , it gives the opposition a boost, Valencia if Aimar is not on the team sheet then it gives opposition a boost, Liverpool, Owen,
Roma, Totti Newcastle Shearer etc, they may not do much but 1 moment in the game and its the point the game and the match

Dv , I am sorry in the position he does play will be no threat at all to Depor except they have a really bad night and as for flu well Totti beat it to play yesterday why not Dp

I am not advocating for him to start but it will be handy for us if he is on the bench and we are struggling or do u trust Zala or Salas?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)