Juve-Basel (2 Viewers)

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
Well the motor of our team is definitely out for Basel game :down:
Both of Brescia's goals came after Davids was substituted in the 74th min and I can't say I was surprised... Lets hope the rest get their act together for this one :down:

Buy on AliExpress.com

nina

Feb 18, 2001
++ [ originally posted by laresca ] ++
We need a solid hub for the mid/defence besides Davids.
Indeed, but it's not very likely that we will. Davids is unique :star:

As we don't have a solid sub I would like to see a 4-3-1-2 formation with Camo Tacchi Zambo midfield, Nedved a bit infront and a ROCK solid defence. No Pessotto and no Moretti!

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
well montero is in sad shape. pessotto's ok. i want to see tudor. and ferrara- but he's old.

IMO We have good players in Neddy, Camo, and Zambo. Decent they are. But Tacc worries me.

Defensive midfield is our achilles tendon. So is central defence.

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by laresca ] ++

Defensive midfield is our achilles tendon. So is central defence.
i am hoping for a january transfer!!! someone who could fill one of the positions laresca pointed out!!!!

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
wont be too easy. the market's very weak right now. barely anyone willing to sell good players of any sort...

at the mo we need 2 things

1. players to get out of injury, and into form

2. youth players.

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
We obviously have some weak points in our team, ie. Tacchi! To win the CL we gotta step up some players lack quailty for this cup! Vieria and Davids 2 DMids I hope to see someday!?! Im sure Trez is ready and fit to play and I think he should get his chance. We have to regain our form cause we wont stand a chance to stay in the CL! Do us proud Juve:cool:

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
If Davids is doubtful I think he should be rested for Lazio's encounter and not risked .. we need all our players 100% fit .. I think Conte might get the nod instead .. anyway, in Europe we have a formidable home record winning all 3 matches and never conceding a goal:

5-0 Dynamo
2-0 Newcastle
2-0 Feyenoord

So, we should keep this record running tomorrow against Basle.

As for Di Vaio, he needs to prove his critics wrong and he has the perfect chance to do so in this match. He has a good record in Europe, scoring 4 goals.

I trust Juve and think they will repay the fans for the bad performance against Brescia with a resounding vectory, so Forza Juve :strong: ..

Basel

Dec 10, 2002
are you serious with your amazing scores ??? do you really believe that it's gona be so easy for you to beat Basel ??
My god.... you will be very very very surprised.... as Liverpool was....

BE AFRAID.... VERY AFRAID !!!

FORZA BASEL !!!!

globimbo

Dec 8, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Basel ] ++
I don't know if Liverpool was suprised, first of all they were very unlucky @Anfield Road.

I guess Valencia was surprised....

...how a team like ours could manage the CL qualification.

Sorry lad, don't want to be harsh as I support the same team, but I think we have to be realistic.

OP
jamaliano

jamaliano

Dec 7, 2002
  • Thread Starter #72
    are you serious with your amazing scores ??? do you really believe that it's gona be so easy for you to beat Basel ??

BE AFRAID.... VERY AFRAID !!!

FORZA BASEL !!!!

This is not switzerland, this Italy. When did you last win away at a major club? Dont give me Moscow as an answer, they lost all there games!

And when we meet next time, it will be the final match of the group which most probably will be crucial for us and a formality for U.

Bongiovi

Jul 12, 2002
    Hi Guys & Girls
    Been away for quite a while in Spain and Amsterdam....just got back and heard Davids is injured....

anyone know if he'll be playing against Basle tonight????

Basle.......we don't need to be afraid!!

Basel

Dec 10, 2002
    "...how a team like ours could manage the CL qualification."

come on my friend... (!!!) who is gonna believe in Basel if you swiss do not believe in them ???

Believe in your team !!!!

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Bongiovi ] ++
    Hi Guys & Girls
    Been away for quite a while in Spain and Amsterdam....just got back and heard Davids is injured....

anyone know if he'll be playing against Basle tonight????
    He won't play against Basel, he might be back for Lazio at the weekend though.

globimbo

Dec 8, 2002
    "...how a team like ours could manage the CL qualification."

come on my friend... (!!!) who is gonna believe in Basel if you swiss do not believe in them ???

Believe in your team !!!!
    I do believe in them, but I don't think Juve should be "afraid". It's absolutely normal and correct Juve fans expect a 2:0 or 3:0 victory, we would do exactly the same if we played against some guys from Aserbaidschan or something...

globimbo

Dec 8, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by DaJuve ] ++
    Hi glob. What are your papers saying?
    Hi there. Our papers don't have a clue, there was more about Juve and your "crisis" (don't think so) in there, the "prediction" for the starting 11 will be there tomorrow, maybe I'll find the time to post it before we leave.

I saw Gross yesterday on TV and he said something like "It's a pity they lost on Sunday, now they'll want to show how good they are. I hope it won't be against us.".

Ergic really wants to play and maybe it'll be possible. Haas is still uncertain but that doesn't matter. There was also a report on a reporter (Massimo Franchi from "Tuttosport") who was here from Torino to "feel the beat and mood" in Basel who wanted to know if Gross is a "Trap or Sacchi" and "accused" him of being more a Trap but Gross assured him he'd see "an attracitive FCB", so it'll probably be a 4-1-2-1-2 (4-4-2 with diamond midfield, quite the same system you play), but maybe they'll play on one line on midfield and/or with only H.Yakin and one striker (Gimenez/Rossi).

OP
    jamaliano

jamaliano

Dec 7, 2002
  • Thread Starter #79
    Juve has to teach this swiss a lesson or two and put show them where they belong. They are beginning to jump around a little bit too much.

globimbo

Dec 8, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by jamaliano ] ++
    Juve has to teach this swiss a lesson or two and put show them where they belong. They are beginning to jump around a little bit too much.
    Yeah, jumping around is great, no problem so far....

:eek:

*argh*:groan: This *beep* ceiling :fero:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)