Juve-Basel (4 Viewers)

nina

Feb 18, 2001
Davids had to go off the field early today (Brescia game) because of muscular problems ... I hope he will be in the team for this very important game as he's the only good CM that we have. God save us if we'll have to put Conte or Baiocco :scared:

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
jamaliano

jamaliano

Dec 7, 2002
  • Thread Starter #23
    i couldnt think of drawing or lossing the Brescia game(men this was there first serie a win:fero:) so i hope we dont mess up this one. Its a very critical match. A must win game. We have to face Man U with 4pts in our bag.

ps: what is this defensive problems we are having! when was our last clean sheet. Conceding 2 goals every match is becoming a habit:fero::fero::fero:

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by DaJuve ] ++
    :LOL: 5 will be a good welcome for the boys from Switzerland. Although they are a very good team I believe we shall stamp our authority on them. This is a game we cannot even think about defeat or draw.
    What authority? We lost 2-0 to Brescia...

Approach this game with causciousness or get crushed. It's as simple as that.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
    Davids had to go off the field early today (Brescia game) because of muscular problems ... I hope he will be in the team for this very important game as he's the only good CM that we have. God save us if we'll have to put Conte or Baiocco :scared:
    true, and i love your avatar nina.....

DAVIDZ

Sep 15, 2002
    I just hope Lippi doesn't underestimate them and comes up with some crazy formation. As for our defense, we are looking very weak. Montero is really in bad form and Ferrara isn't as dependable as in the past. This is what worries me the most.

We really need Camo' to start playing like he did in the beginning of the season, his dip in form has been evident in the last 4-5 games.

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
    about camo i don't think it is a dip in form from his part as it is that other coaches are now aware of his potential!!!

who ever saw the brescia game would know how they were marking camo! when ever he had the ball 2 or 3 players would be covering him! and if it wasn't for zambo assisting camo in the right side of attack i don't believe juve would of have been able of producing even one single cross from that side!

concerning our defense!
    i believe montero still needs time to get back into his form! and we should most definitly find someone for our defense in the january transfer window! perhaps Mexes or Chivu!

globimbo

Dec 8, 2002
    Hi guys,

I'm a Basel fan so if you want to have some info on my team, feel free to ask.

I think you'll beat us, because I still have the Valencia game in mind, but you never know.

We expect about 7'000 fans travelling to Torino so I hope it'll be a great evening, may be the better team win!

Your analysis of our team is quite okay, but you forgot to mention Australian guy Scott Chipperfield, who's back from injury and is my favourite player, so keep an eye on him and his fighting spirit.

BTW: Atouba hasn't played at all for the Cameroon NT, M. Yakin is a definetely the best defender in Swiss Leageu, played great against Celtic for example but already had a few terrible games, as against Valencia or ManU and I think your players are too fast for him.

That's about all for now, waiting for your questions if there are any. :cool:

Cheers

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    Hi globimbo, welcome here

I am looking forward to this one. You play great attacking football so it should be a good open game, with a lot of chances. Juve shuold be too strong for you, but who knows? its football, its a funny old game.

To be honest Chipperfield did not over impress me against Man Utd, he missed a couple of easy chances..I'm hoping for more of the same on wednesday of course.

well, enjoy your stay here, and good luck for wednesday :)
    by the way, what is yr opinion on ivan ergic? I would be interested to hear it. Thanks

globimbo

Dec 8, 2002
    Yeah Chippfierfield's @ 70 % of his top form at the moment I guess and hasn't impressed me that much as before his injury. Even before he wasn't a scorer, I just like his style of play.

Ergic is a great guy. When he came here he hardly ever played and everyone (especially the press...) thought he was the "mistake of the century" to "co-buy" him but then when he had acclimatized he started to get better and better and know he's one of our most important guys (as some of you have already mentioned before). He's one of the best guys concerning acceleration and speed and almost unstoppable when coming towards the opponent's defence zone at full speed (at least in our crappy league), so I guess he'll soon be going to your club, but there still are his problems with his "Adduktoren" (sorry, don't know the English word) which don't go away and keep baring him from playing now and then.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I'm hoping for a repeat of the Juve-Dinamo match. Total dominance from the word go,and attacking football. I think Del Piero and Nedved will be instrumental in this one.

Juve-Basle 3-1

ebraheej

Jul 16, 2002
    I wonder if trez will be in the starting lineup for this game:undecide:

I really miss him. My prediction if trezeguet starts this game we wl\ill win 3-0 2 goals by trez and one goal by del piero, but if he doent start i predict 1-0 with a goal by ferrera.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by globimbo ] ++

Ergic is a great guy. When he came here he hardly ever played and everyone (especially the press...) thought he was the "mistake of the century" to "co-buy" him but then when he had acclimatized he started to get better and better and know he's one of our most important guys (as some of you have already mentioned before). He's one of the best guys concerning acceleration and speed and almost unstoppable when coming towards the opponent's defence zone at full speed (at least in our crappy league), so I guess he'll soon be going to your club, but there still are his problems with his "Adduktoren" (sorry, don't know the English word) which don't go away and keep baring him from playing now and then.
    Thank you for that info and welcome :)

One off topic question: I read on your official site that a certain Radio Edelweiss is going to have a live commentary and I was wondering is there's any chance to listen to this radio on the net, because I don't think I could catch it on my radio?

globimbo

Dec 8, 2002
    Sorry Nina for being late. Yeah Edelweiss is okay if you understand Swiss German, same thing with (Radio Basilisk. I haven't listened to the livestream during a game yet because a can listen on the radio, but they often have problems concerning capacity, but on Wednesday everybody's in Torino so maybe there's a chance of being able to tune in.

There'll also be a liveticker on our offical site, but you'll have one on your official site, too, I guess.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    Yeah Chippfierfield's @ 70 % of his top form at the moment I guess and hasn't impressed me that much as before his injury. Even before he wasn't a scorer, I just like his style of play.

thanks for this globimbo. The one thign i think Ergic has to improve on is his shooting, and maybe his control. He has a lot of pace, and is great at defending, his passing is good also, from what i have seen.

Sometimes he mis - hits shots, or loses the ball because of bad control, but he is young, he can surely improve!

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    Ergic if he continues like this will be a very good player. Tell me something globimbo (Welcome & thanks for stopping by), what kind of play does Basle employ on the road?

globimbo

Dec 8, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by DaJuve ] ++
    Ergic if he continues like this will be a very good player. Tell me something globimbo (Welcome & thanks for stopping by), what kind of play does Basle employ on the road?
    Unfortunately he probably won't be able to play if our local newspaper has got the right infos...

On the road they usually stand there, admire how great the opponents play an take the ball out of the net. :D

Now the serious part: We usually play the same formation home and abroad, as we want to be the acting and not the reacting part, but we saw how it worked in Valencia... But our coach is quite a willful one, so probably we'll be playing 4-4-2 as usual, with four on the line in defense (Atouba-M.Yakin-Zwyssig-Haas). Haas also has injury problems but I don't mind because he hasn't played well so far (is on loan from Sunderland) and then Quennoz could play (he could also play insted of Zwyssig in the middle).

Midfield is usually diamond formation with Cantaluppi as defensive guy, Chipperfield (or Esposito) on the left, Ergic (or maybe Varela, Barberis) on the right and H.Yakin as playmaker and Gimenez and Rossi up front (with Tum as substitute).

A few seasons ago we used to play a very powerful and athletic football with Koumantarakis (played for South Africa at the World Cup) as "tower" distributing the balls, but now he's only striker no. 4 and we want to sell him (intrested? :D) and we have a lot more technical ability so we like to make the game fast, with quick passes from Yakin on Rossi or Gimenez but on the road we haven't played that good this season (you already mentioned Liverpool where we were very lucky).

Maybe I can tell you more after having read tomorrow's newspaper, I hope they don't wait until Wednesday with a squad prediction as I'll be sitting in my car by then and won't be able give you "last minute" information.

BTW: there's a more accurate description (not made by me) on Xtratime Swiss Forum I usually post in there but I thought there are more people in here waiting for my information. :angel:

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    Unfortunately he probably won't be able to play if our local newspaper has got the right infos...
    Sorry to hear that. Is he injured or?

On the road they usually stand there, admire how great the opponents play an take the ball out of the net. :D
    That would suite us just fine :D

442 would make for a lovely game. I hate it when teams play a very defensive game away or choose to spoil the game. I hope this will be an open and entertaining game and thanks for the info.

ps/We do need your info here. :thumb:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)