Juve-Basel (4 Viewers)

globimbo

Dec 8, 2002
++ [ originally posted by DaJuve ] ++

Is he injured or?
Yeah still his "Adduktoren" and I still can't find the English translation. They are the muscles on the inside of the thighs between border and knee (the muscles in the exteriors are the abductors). If you try splits are to be done the Adduktoren there where it hurts...:down: It's almost chronic and could be a reason why our club hasn't tried to buy your 50% of Ergic (yet), but they didn't want operate and it isn't decided yet if he'll have to during winter break (if my information's on the actual standings).

442 would make for a lovely game. I hate it when teams play a very defensive game away or choose to spoil the game. I hope this will be an open and entertaining game and thanks for the info.
I also hope we don't play too defensive because I don't think we could stand you pressure too long, but I still think everything is possible (4-5-1 / 4-4-1-1 or something). Gross said something like "We're capable of getting back the points we lost against ManU" which indicates an offensive lineup.

Buy on AliExpress.com

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
globimbo

welcome to our forums! its nice having you here and i personaly find the info your giving us useful as i know little about basel!!!
didn't know they existed before this CL competition! :confused:

globimbo

Dec 8, 2002
++ [ originally posted by KeNgO ] ++
globimbo

welcome to our forums! its nice having you here and i personaly find the info your giving us useful as i know little about basel!!!
didn't know they existed before this CL competition! :confused:
2002 was the first championship title since 1980 (and the first double since 1967) so your "ignorance" is forgiven. ;)

Basel has always been THE football city in Switzerland and we had more fans than most of the clubs of the first league even when we played in second league from 1988-1994. Now with the new stadium and the team playing well it's kind of an euphoria going on. There can be 33'000 supporters in our stadium (about 30'000 during CL) but they only wanted to sell 22'000 season tickets so there are 5'000 guys on the waiting list ( it's nothing for European standards but for Switzerland it's great). Now even rich people begin to support our club (second richest person is in our board and sort of the leader althouh SHE isn't the official president. She even went in the whirlpool in our Stadium in a futuristic redblue swimsuit (looked like Spiderwoman) with our players after the title).

BTW: Anyone coming to Basel for the return leg?

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Well a team with superwoman on board is surely to die for :D
I know it's silly but I need to know how to pronounce Basel. Is it Baal or Basel with an 'S' :angel:

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Hmmmmm.... let me see, if we get CRUSHED by Brescia, then what makes you think Basel cant do the same ???

Juventus 1 Basel 1

I have lost all confidence

globimbo

Dec 8, 2002
Well a team with superwoman on board is surely to die for :D
I know it's silly but I need to know how to pronounce Basel. Is it Baal or Basel with an 'S' :angel:
:D The Swiss pronounciation is Basel with an S. They English spelling used to be Basle because it's our way of pronouncing it is more like this but nowadays even there Basel is official.

For me it's absolutely clear how to pronounce it but it's difficult to explain so I don't know if you'r on the right track. An "S" is never wrong so I guess you're doing fine :cool:

But it's not that important, I'm already happy you know there's something like our city around. :D

Holden

Aug 3, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

I have lost all confidence
We have many shortcomings, but we arn't that bad a team. We're Champions afterall.

I'm as pi**ed at the defeat as much as you.:(

Let's see how this match goes before we start to worry.

Sh@d0w

Dec 7, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Espectro ] ++
Gazzetta.it says that Lippi may go with the Trez- DP duo: YES!!!:cool:
Cant be good... i want it 2 be good... but it wont last...

Trez isnt in form for playing i think... think he needs to be putted in a game that aint so important for us... like the italy cup... he can warm up there... this basel game is really important... its a damn hard group we have... Deportivo and Man Utd are both in good forms and probably we will se us get crushed over n over again untill the group stage is over if we dont kick basels arse on wed.

Basel is ment to be the easiest team in our group thats why we need our 3 points... cuz points will be reached with big problems from dep and man utd.

Going to watch the game... i dont want to see a game like the brescia one :frown:.

Thumbs up for Juve and Lippi... after all we have a good team... just need to fresh up the bad memories with the new and perhaps good ones comming :D.

btw... excuse my dirty english... i really stink and this... lol

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Espectro ] ++
Gazzetta.it says that Lippi may go with the Trez- DP duo: YES!!!:cool:
Trez is nowhere near the form he had last year yet. He needs at least 4-5 games before reaching his peak again, so don't get your hopes up too much.

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Nekton ] ++

Trez is nowhere near the form he had last year yet. He needs at least 4-5 games before reaching his peak again, so don't get your hopes up too much.
have u seen DI Vaio against brescia????

i believe trezeguet in his worst case of form is still better than Di vaio!!! so i will definitly opt for a trezeguet / DP attack!

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
true Tom!

but i am sure the medical staff and lippi will know much more than us about the medical situation and the readiness of trezeguet than we do!

they already did a stupid mistake against newcastle which caused worse injury to our striker! the doctor was sacked because of that decision! do u think the new doctor would do the same mistake!!!

i personaly believe if they decide to play trezeguet then he is ready! he may not have the match fitness full! but that comes after he plays official games!
he already played in coppa italia and they probably know if he is ready or not!
let us hope they decide to play him!

Sh@d0w

Dec 7, 2002
Di vaio was a mess last game... but at the moment he is still better than trezeguet...

Di vaio scored some important goals for juve this season... we cant blame him just because of 1 game... it wasnt only di vaio who played bad against brescia... it was many of the players...

But when trez gets back in his real form... we can say goodbye to one of our attackers... got 3 to choose of.... dont think they want to be bench warmers when trez is doing top quality football... wont be a point for them to stay or for lippi to have them there...

At least thats what i think...

nina

Feb 18, 2001
Two weeks after the great comeback in La Coruna, Juventus is ready to play again in the Group D of Champions League: on Wednesday, for the second day of the second round of the competition, whiteandblacks will host Basel, while in Manchester the Red Devils will host Deportivo. In the Group standings United is first with three points, while Juventus and Deportivo have one and Basel none.

Juventus will be back then at Delle Alpi, where in the first round of the competition won all the three matches played, without conceding any goal: 5-0 against Dynamo Kiev, 2-0 against Newcastle and 2-0 against Feyenoord. Against the Swiss team, the goal is to continue this winning tradition.

Basel is one of the revelation of this edition of the Champions League and will face for the first time whiteandblacks in an official match. Basel and Juventus, in fact, met twice in Switzerland in the 60’s for the Coppa delle Alpi, with whiteandblacks winners of both the matches. In the Champions’ Cup the Swiss team met Bologna in the 1968/1969 edition: the Italian team went through.

In its country Basel has won till now nine times the National Championships and six times the National Cup: last season redandblues won both the competitions, after a long struggle against Grassophers, which is also this year the main rival.

Now Basel is second in the National league, two points behind Grassophers: the league has now stopped for the Winter pause and will re-start in February.

This year the Swiss team gave its best in Champions League. In the second preliminary round Basel outscored the Slovakian Zilinia, before a great performance in the final preliminary round against Celtic Glasgow: defeated in Scotland 3-1, Basel gained the qualification beating 2-0 the Scottish team at home.

In the first phase Basel did even better, sending off Liverpool in Group B and reaching the secon phase with Valencia.

The protagonists of that huge results were the two Argentinian forwards Julio Hernan Rossi and Christian Gimenez, alongside Ivan Ergic, young and talented player discovered by Juventus in Australia, where he grew.

The trainer is Christian Gross, 48 years old, who played mainly in Swiss teams and, as a trainer, arrived at Basel in 1999, after having coached for a year the English team of Tottenham Hotspurs in 1998/1999.

juventus.com

nina

Feb 18, 2001
Juventus may be without Edgar Davids for the games against Basle and Lazio because of injury.

The Dutchman limped out of the side’s 2-0 loss at Brescia yesterday and is a doubt for the club’s crucial next two matches.

The former Ajax ace is believed to have badly twisted his knee even if accurate reports of his injury are still sketchy due to the club’s continuing Press silence.

However, whispers from the Delle Alpi suggest that Davids could be rested for the Champions’ League game on Wednesday in a bid to have him fit for Sunday.

The Bianconeri take on high flying Lazio next week and will be keen for a win after picking up just two points from their last three games.

That run has seen them drop to fourth in the table, even if they are still just three points behind leaders Milan.

Football Italia

Well the motor of our team is definitely out for Basel game :down:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)