Juan Cuadrado (29 Viewers)

Cuads legacy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Why is that? Unlike in the Morata deal, the players will has greater leverage in this scenario, and I'm pretty certain he prefers Torino after the season he had. It will come down to the number Chelsea want for him that Juve will have to negotiate and hope that he and his entourage stay as strong in ensuring he can hold out for what he wants.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
If he stays and we keep playing 3-5-2 there is no need to go after a RWB/RB.
Yes but if Licht gets injured we can't play a 4 man defense. Thats why a Caceres like signing, someone who can be a CB with 3 at the back and RB with 4 at the back would be good to have

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Why is that? Unlike in the Morata deal, the players will has greater leverage in this scenario, and I'm pretty certain he prefers Torino after the season he had. It will come down to the number Chelsea want for him that Juve will have to negotiate and hope that he and his entourage stay as strong in ensuring he can hold out for what he wants.
How has he more leverage than Morata with Real? Both could be forced back against their will easily from a legal point of view.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
How has he more leverage than Morata with Real? Both could be forced back against their will easily from a legal point of view.
Cuad isnt their youth product, no emotional attachment with Chelsea at all. If anything he had very bad spell in England. He could break all ties with them, force his way out, while Morata seems reluctant and likely to vacillate more than Cuad.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Cuad isnt their youth product, no emotional attachment with Chelsea at all. If anything he had very bad spell in England. He could break all ties with them, force his way out, while Morata seems reluctant and likely to vacillate more than Cuad.
Not about emotional POV..... the main reason the morata deal is troublesome is the clause.

IN Cuadrados case...we have no option on him so he will inevitably return to chelsea, more likely if conte asks for him...BUT h doesnt have a clause and if he is willing to stay with us and reject chelsea..we can negotiate with them. The bad thing is that Chelsea still has his contract so we will most likely have to offload the bucks for him.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Yeah I was actually gonna add that but got lazy :D

But that doesn't mean that Cuadrado has any more leverage, simply that Morata doesn't prefer Juve as much as Cuadrado does (or might do, we don't know shit really).

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Not about emotional POV..... the main reason the morata deal is troublesome is the clause.

IN Cuadrados case...we have no option on him so he will inevitably return to chelsea, more likely if conte asks for him...BUT h doesnt have a clause and if he is willing to stay with us and reject chelsea..we can negotiate with them. The bad thing is that Chelsea still has his contract so we will most likely have to offload the bucks for him.
Yeah I was actually gonna add that but got lazy :D

But that doesn't mean that Cuadrado has any more leverage, simply that Morata doesn't prefer Juve as much as Cuadrado does (or might do, we don't know shit really).
You're right, no legal leverage whatsoever in those deals for us. Both players are under contract with their former clubs and if Real pays the clause Morata has no say. It's even worse in Cuad's case since it's just a plain loan deal. But what I'm counting on is emotional attachment which in Cuadrado's case can give us some leverage, not legally, but football players aren't exactly robots. His best years were in Italy, then upon returning he found his game again and his form this year is as closest to his Viola days as it can get. However we cannot count on that Morata will turn his back on his childhood club. The fact that he signed an extension before moving here, suggests he reckoned on possibility to move back, maybe even desired. The guy grew up supporting Real, wanted to be the next Raul (although he's a bit like more technical version of Morientes imo) and if Real can grant him a spot he's goner. In any case I hope Real aren't that serious with Morata and will accept additional payment.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
You're right, no legal leverage whatsoever in those deals for us. Both players are under contract with their former clubs and if Real pays the clause Morata has no say. It's even worse in Cuad's case since it's just a plain loan deal. But what I'm counting on is emotional attachment which in Cuadrado's case can give us some leverage, not legally, but football players aren't exactly robots. His best years were in Italy, then upon returning he found his game again and his form this year is as closest to his Viola days as it can get. However we cannot count on that Morata will turn his back on his childhood club. The fact that he signed an extension before moving here, suggests he reckoned on possibility to move back, maybe even desired. The guy grew up supporting Real, wanted to be the next Raul (although he's a bit like more technical version of Morientes imo) and if Real can grant him a spot he's goner. In any case I hope Real aren't that serious with Morata and will accept additional payment.
Yeah I think we pretty much agree here.

Just disagreed with baggio on his post because Morata & Cuadrado have pretty much the same amount of leverage imo - difference is, Cuadrado has a much higher probability to actually use that leverage to the fullest extent, as compared to Morata.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 16)