Juan Cuadrado (49 Viewers)

Cuads legacy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I doubt Cuadrado wants to go back to Chelsea at all, but I think if Conte wants him he'll give it one more shot there. If another random foreign or English manager was taking over he would almost certainly be leaving.

Can't help feeling that if we don't sign him he might end up somewhere like Napoli.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
You're right, no legal leverage whatsoever in those deals for us. Both players are under contract with their former clubs and if Real pays the clause Morata has no say. It's even worse in Cuad's case since it's just a plain loan deal. But what I'm counting on is emotional attachment which in Cuadrado's case can give us some leverage, not legally, but football players aren't exactly robots. His best years were in Italy, then upon returning he found his game again and his form this year is as closest to his Viola days as it can get. However we cannot count on that Morata will turn his back on his childhood club. The fact that he signed an extension before moving here, suggests he reckoned on possibility to move back, maybe even desired. The guy grew up supporting Real, wanted to be the next Raul (although he's a bit like more technical version of Morientes imo) and if Real can grant him a spot he's goner. In any case I hope Real aren't that serious with Morata and will accept additional payment.
He signed the deal because he was desperate for playing time, and remember that Morata always states that Juventus went to his house to ask for him to come. He seems to be fond of us. We need to see how this unfolds.

I dont think real will grant him any starter spot. Most likely he will be the bench of the new shiny toy. I hope Morata understand this and pushes for a move to us.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
If Conte wants him, we're fucked tho
Given our good relationship with Conte, I think we might keep him (we'd have to pay ofcourse). The problem is that there was no pre-agreed price and given how inflated the market will be we will either end up over-paying or we wont get him.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Considering the circumstances I don't even know if it's Conte who wants Cuadrado to come back or Juve not willing to buy him. On our side there could be thinking of giving up Cuadrado and trying again for Oscar. I know people here aren't excited about Oscar but I guess Allegri would be. Depends on what Conte wants I guess but at this point Cuadrado could be more useful to him than Oscar. Allegri mentioned a few times Oscar in the past so this could be possible.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
The more the season has gone on the better he has become.

He is far more secure defensively and putting in more intelligent crosses. I would still like him to get to the byline more but he has impressed me.

Good to have such a technical player for Europe too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)