Jorge Martínez (1 Viewer)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
would love to eat my words but who the F is this guy?

makes no sense paying 12 million for him when he doesnt suit our tactics...we sold diego for this reason and yet paid 12 million to bring another one in.

something needs to come out of this guy, if not Marotta has a lot to answer for..that kind of money could have got us a decent enough left back or another winger.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
yes, he was named as our left wing option...we needed a left winger for our 4-4-2 tactics that DN wanted to play. This is the man they bought for that role stated by Marotta.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Why was he bought? In the future he might come handy, but for our current team he was an unreasonable choice.

He definitely isn't a winger, he never was. Especially not for a 4-4-2 formation. He can easily play on the left side of a 4-3-3, but that's something we won't be playing this year.
He can also play as a support striker, but there he has two players ahead of him in the pecking order.

Then you have the injury that didn't seem to be taken into consideration when we bought him. I kinda followed him because he was bringing good amount of points in the yahoo fantasy game :)D) and for 3 years running he was missing a month or two due to injuries. Last year he couldn't get rid of one injury. He played, got injured, missed 3-4 matches, got back and played as a sub on a couple of matches, then 3-4 as a regular, and got the same injury again. He missed 1/3 of the season and the WC due to that injury and in Juve he still struggles with it (I think he was twice injured already, missed 2 matches and became available again).

Not a logical transfer, without even mentioning the money we paid.
He has above average passing and vision, he can be of use as midfielder.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Man this transfer is a huge blunder so far. I like the job Marotta's done so far but this transfer is such a huge blow even though it's not really that significant.

We could have got a player like Cassani for 12-15M I'm sure. Imagine him at RB for us instead of Martinez on the bench?

Man..

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Man this transfer is a huge blunder so far. I like the job Marotta's done so far but this transfer is such a huge blow even though it's not really that significant.

We could have got a player like Cassani for 12-15M I'm sure. Imagine him at RB for us instead of Martinez on the bench?

Man..
:cry:

Imagine spending 20+m on a striker that doesn't score. At least we haven't done that.

:cry:

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Obviously the money would have been better spent at several positions, but the fact that Del Neri keeps playing him where he does is pretty damn ridiculous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)