Jorge Martínez (5 Viewers)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Has anyone really explained the idea behind getting him? All I've heard is that he's versatile; can play both on the left and the right but that's not really an explanation for spending the amount we did.

He showed moments of brilliance against Man City but apart from that he's either sucked or been injured.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
I thought at catania he was more of a second striker, often drifting out wide left and cutting into the box, bit of trickery, bit of pace, likes to shoot, quite direct.....Does this not make him DP's natural understudy in the squad??? Although, I see Quag as a second striker also, who roams more than the other two.

It does seem strange for us to have paid so much for Martinez.

And it makes Del Neri look stupid to say before the game that Martinez is in superb condition...when clearly, he is lacking form, perhaps also confidence.

But overall..its early days. Better to bring him on, when we are winning another game by 2-3 goals, let him ride the crest of a wave already in motion, see if he can make it to shore...

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007
Has anyone really explained the idea behind getting him? All I've heard is that he's versatile; can play both on the left and the right but that's not really an explanation for spending the amount we did.

He showed moments of brilliance against Man City but apart from that he's either sucked or been injured.
We should first explain the mega signing of Amauri n how the hell he stayed for more than 2 yrs,then will come to this new signing.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
He should've been red carded..

Lets hope his play only improves, but that left wing is in fucked up condition, Pepe, Martinez and Lanzafame are all failing to do something effective.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Martinez has had his chance and proven he's best left in teams like Catania
I'm not some massive Martinez backer, but in my opinion he hasn't been given a proper chance to excel at our club.

Would you buy a holding midfielder, play him as a defender, and then when things don't work out, after a couple months, say that he's had his chance, but failed? Especially after investing heavily? Would that make any sense at all?

Because we bought a forward, and now we're playing him in midfield, and unsurprisingly, it's not going particularly well... and it certainly doesn't help that he's had early season injury problems, either.

Considering we're short forwards right now (especially in the Europa competition), I find it pretty damn perplexing that we're not giving Martinez an opportunity up front.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)