Jorge Andrade (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Andrade is excellent. Not only is he a solid player, but he's also got maturity and command from the back as a captain -- something we've sorely lacked since Canna left. Andrade is a de facto captain for the Portugal NT (and, IMO, the fans' favorite for that role over the likes of Simão, CRon, etc.), so saying he isn't a leader is, well, being very unaware of the facts.

He's a little on the older side, but I think he would be an excellent addition at that price. He is not a fall-back candidate, but a full-fledged starter on any squad, IMO. AC Milan included.
Andrade is a great defender, but he also suffers from Boumsong/Zebina moments. Similar to the aforementioned, Andrade plays so well for most of the game, only to lose concentration for one vital moment.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Andrade is a great defender, but he also suffers from Boumsong/Zebina moments. Similar to the aforementioned, Andrade plays so well for most of the game, only to lose concentration for one vital moment.
and that worries me since im not sure if ranieri's methods of defending are that good, certainly not as good as capello's

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
May 4, 2004
I agree with most of you, if Zaragoza really think we will pay that much for Milito then we should sign Andrade for 6.5m !.. Great player he is!..

Juve line up Andrade Monday 2 July, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reports suggest that Juventus have targeted Deportivo La Coruna defender Jorge Andrade as an alternative to Gabriel Milito.

The Bianconeri were said to be very close to signing the Real Zaragoza man, but negotiations seems to have stalled after the two clubs failed to reach an agreement over the financial details.

“Juventus have made an offer, but it is very far from what we are asking for,” said sporting director Miguel Pardeza, as the Serie B champions are not willing to spend more than £11m on the 26-year-old.

The Old Lady has therefore decided to prepare an alternative option and have eyed Andrade, who is one of the names near the top of Coach Claudio Ranieri’s [pictured] wish list.

The Portuguese international is contracted to Deportivo until June 2008 and could leave the Liga outfit for £6.5m, a price the Bianconeri consider adequate for the 29-year-old.

Furthermore, the deal could be facilitated by the fact that Andrade is managed by the Gestifute agency, which is owned by Jorge Mendes.

The agent also represents midfielder Tiago Mendes, who joined the Bianconeri from Lyon last month, and that might make Andrade’s move to Italy easier to negotiate.
Channel4.com

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
This is one I can see Juventus wrapping up quickly*. Andrade would make a good two season option.

It all depends on whether Jorge wants to follow his friend Tiago. Depor will probably agree to sell quickly.

*Assuming this latest information is not just speculation, Juventus officials will have to deal with this one over the next 48 hours, overcoming possible rival bids from elsewhere. Andrade is highly thought of.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
This is one I can see Juventus wrapping up quickly*. Andrade would make a good two season option.

It all depends on whether Jorge wants to follow his friend Tiago. Depor will probably agree to sell quickly.

*Assuming this latest information is not just speculation, Juventus officials will have to deal with this one over the next 48 hours, overcoming possible rival bids from elsewhere. Andrade is highly thought of.
Where'd you get that?

Juve Libnan

Jun 20, 2007
there was something said about loaning out palladino to depor for a season in return..sounds like a good deal if that could help in landing andrade for cheaper but then who would be our 4th striker??
andrade is a good defender and especially for his price could help putting money into another defender easily

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
He was excellent, I don't know what was he like for a last couple of years.
I wonder to which player we'll be linked tomorrow...
He spent a good chunk of the past year in recovery from a broken leg (which kept him out of WC2006). However, since this spring he looks fully recovered, IMO.

I generally haven't witnessed that behavior much at all. In fact, I would have never made that connection. But you may have seen more Depor matches than I have recently.

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
May 27, 2007
I'm glad I waited for the evening sport text updates before making this post...Juve as most of you know by now have made Milito an ultimatum...we are not pepared to wait till after the Copa America & then have to compete with offers from other clubs. Rai & Mediaset are sure that Milito or at least his agent wants Barca to enter the equation...that's business, but if they are willing to take the gamble of perhaps losing the only concrete offer they've had up to now, the one from us, then perhaps they don't want us at all & are using the Juve name to attract others. I agree with those of our members who say Jorge Andrade at the affordable price of 9 million euros is a viable alternative.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
I'm glad I waited for the evening sport text updates before making this post...Juve as most of you know by now have made Milito an ultimatum...we are not pepared to wait till after the Copa America & then have to compete with offers from other clubs. Rai & Mediaset are sure that Milito or at least his agent wants Barca to enter the equation...that's business, but if they are willing to take the gamble of perhaps losing the only concrete offer they've had up to now, the one from us, then perhaps they don't want us at all & are using the Juve name to attract others. I agree with those of our members who say Jorge Andrade at the affordable price of 9 million euros is a viable alternative.
That about sums it up. They're desperately waiting for someone else to come with a better offer and the media are desperately trying to make the newspaper articles look jucy. The whole Barcelona and Messi bs is all blown out of proportion. We should know everything by Thursday, I'm pretty sure.

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
May 27, 2007
That about sums it up. They're desperately waiting for someone else to come with a better offer and the media are desperately trying to make the newspaper articles look jucy. The whole Barcelona and Messi bs is all blown out of proportion. We should know everything by Thursday, I'm pretty sure.
Don't we all just wish it was all over, & we just get a good player no matter who it is?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Andrade is a class defender, as good as Milito for sure. The only worry would be his injury record.
I think you'll find this is paper talk though, Andrade's agent (also of Tiago) being the 'link'.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
the maltese mafia bought some shares in Juve, but only family know about it. Shit shouldn't have said anything :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)