Jean-Claude Blanc Thread (7 Viewers)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
They were successful result-wise. But as I wrote in the John Elkann thread, since Deschamps left, we haven't added one player to the team, that would be good enough (all our three youngsters were Deschamps' work, he even wanted us to sign Sissoko, which we eventually did). Therefore, in the last two years, we have been playing with the same team. What we are seeing this year is not a dip in form, not an unsuccessful year, it's just the harvest of what the BOD sowed: our key players are getting older, more injury prone, and let's be honest with ourselves, even less effective, and we have no one to replace them with.
I've always thought of Deschamps as a more than decent manager, a very promising one even, destined for success. My worst memory of the last 3,5 Juve seasons was seeing him leave. BUT, let's not kid ourselves here. He introduced Marchisio to the 1st team, I'll give you that. But how many minutes/games did Gio & DC end up playing? Very little. Same goes for players like Guzman, Piccolo, ... He tried them, they weren't ready. And it looks like they'll never be ready for that matter.

You are obviously right with the 2nd part I highlighted. I do think we have tried to replace them, but many of the new players have disappointed.

Buy on AliExpress.com

tibike

Dec 11, 2007
Diego,Melo and Canna to an extent were good buys. Diego was a fantastic coup and Melo in my eyes is also.
They are good buys, but so far on paper. Canna, as the season progresses, seems to be past it, but I still believe both Diego and Melo will step up. But as many people pointed out before, despite Melo being a good player, we needed players for other positions much more.

But what's more important, we bought Diego and Melo, two great players, Amauri and Iaquinta, who are/were decent, but two of those players came this summer, and two of those play in a position that wasn't a priority for us when they were both. So we basically squandered two transfer budgets, which we used on only one player that was truly needed: Momo. Which is my point, we haven't done a good job of rebuilding the squad since Calciopoli. For three years, we have been playing with more or less the same team.

tibike

Dec 11, 2007
I've always thought of Deschamps as a more than decent manager, a very promising one even, destined for success. My worst memory of the last 3,5 Juve seasons was seeing him leave. BUT, let's not kid ourselves here. He introduced Marchisio to the 1st team, I'll give you that. But how many minutes/games did Gio & DC end up playing? Very little. Same goes for players like Guzman, Piccolo, ... He tried them, they weren't ready. And it looks like they'll never be ready for that matter.

You are obviously right with the 2nd part I highlighted. I do think we have tried to replace them, but many of the new players have disappointed.
It's true, he gave very little time to Gio & DC, but as you mentioned, he wasn't afraid to try the youngsters, and if they were good, they had a chance of playing. Which is something we haven't seen for a couple of years. The point is, we had a manager that was looking for talent both outside and inside the club.

Many of the players disappointed, that's true, but the problem is the sheer number of the players that disappointed. That might mean that something is flawed in our transfer strategy.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
It's good that people with big reputations in football keep complaining about the (mis)management. They need to be kept under pressure and hopefully something is done about them one day.

Mitico12

The JUVEnATOR
Nov 25, 2009
I'm disgusted with Juventus. Disgusted. A team with no identity or pride. A team of pvussies!!!! Fvcking pvssies!

Someone better take their fvcking tampons out of their azzes soon and show some ballz and be a leader.

What a group of pansie players, only exception being Chiellini/Marchisio/Momo. After that, the team can pretty much be thrown in the garbage, starting with the management all the way to the trainers.

Garbage. What a waste of a Serie A spot...garbage!

These mvutherfvckers should go work 10 hours a day like the rest of society, and be subjected to performance management processes like everyone else, and then we'll see if they woke up and played.

Pathetic! Tuttosport should just stop writing about Juve. They should cover figure skating or bocce tournaments perhaps. Anything but this pathetic group of pvussies!

And yes, I'm a disgruntled Juve fan...sick of mediocrity.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
It's all down to the management IMO, Not the players or the coach. We can sign every player out there or get a new coach every single season and we'll still struggle.

We used to be one of the most disciplined professional club in europe but not anymore. I remember an intreview for zidane about Juve, he said that being in juve is like being in the army with the degree of disicipline and strictness in this club.

There are soo many signs (even from the previous seasons) that things are getting out of the management hands and that they can't handle it.

The owners should change the management immediately if they want to return at the top if they don't then say goodbye to this club.

Dec 31, 2008
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Juve plan big structural changes[/FONT]
Tuesday 9 February, 2010
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Tuttosport understands Juventus are planning to completely change the structure of the club with Marcello Lippi becoming President in October.

The current board has taken most of the flak for Juventus's disastrous season. The Bianconeri appear to have gone backwards this year despite heavy investment in the transfer market.

They were tipped as genuine title contenders in the summer, but currently lie seventh in Serie A, out of the Champions League and Coppa Italia.

The re-introduction of Roberto Bettega as vice-general manager is said to be the first phase of Juventus's so-called reconstruction.

Tuttosport believes the second and third phases will start in the summer when Jean-Claude Blanc steps down as President and reprises his role as the club's chief executive, charged with commercial operations.

Immediately below him, there are plans to hire one of Italy's most famous transfer experts, either Beppe Marotta, Giorgio Perinetti or Pantaleo Corvino.

One of them will apparently flank Alessio Secco, Juventus's existing director of sport.
[/FONT]

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Thank goodness for the likes of Tardelli explaining matters to these morons on the board.
The problem is that they didn't listen to him before and I dont think they want to listen to him again. The guy is outspoken and sometimes he is talking out of his ass, but he isn't too far there.

The scary part is that this is someone that was there with this lot and he confirms all our fears about them.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
The problem is that they didn't listen to him before and I dont think they want to listen to him again. The guy is outspoken and sometimes he is talking out of his ass, but he isn't too far there.

The scary part is that this is someone that was there with this lot and he confirms all our fears about them.
No need for someone like tardelli to confirm to you that we have a bunch of clueless people running this club !!

The signals are clear, not from this season but for the past 3 years. Its just became clearer for those who couldn't see 2 meters beyond their feet.

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Juve plan big structural changes[/FONT]
Tuesday 9 February, 2010
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Tuttosport understands Juventus are planning to completely change the structure of the club with Marcello Lippi becoming President in October.

The current board has taken most of the flak for Juventus's disastrous season. The Bianconeri appear to have gone backwards this year despite heavy investment in the transfer market.

They were tipped as genuine title contenders in the summer, but currently lie seventh in Serie A, out of the Champions League and Coppa Italia.

The re-introduction of Roberto Bettega as vice-general manager is said to be the first phase of Juventus's so-called reconstruction.

Tuttosport believes the second and third phases will start in the summer when Jean-Claude Blanc steps down as President and reprises his role as the club's chief executive, charged with commercial operations.

Immediately below him, there are plans to hire one of Italy's most famous transfer experts, either Beppe Marotta, Giorgio Perinetti or Pantaleo Corvino.

One of them will apparently flank Alessio Secco, Juventus's existing director of sport.
[/FONT]
that's a lot of double penetration u goin goin on in ur sig there ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)