Jean-Claude Blanc Thread (1 Viewer)

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
I dont really give a shit what people think. We had the best team in italy and we won the league legitimately, if you think we cheated our way to the title then thats your opinion. but i know I have never celebrated a stolen scudetto.
But we did cheat...our punishment may have been grossly unfair but wrong was indeed done by the management and hence Juventus.

I don't understand the Moggi hard on you seem to have, we had excellent players that never ammounted to anything in the CL. We fluffed it over and over, we lost to the douche-brigade on penalties. 1994-1999 yes 1999-2006 no, just plain no.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
But we did cheat...our punishment may have been grossly unfair but wrong was indeed done by the management and hence Juventus.

I don't understand the Moggi hard on you seem to have, we had excellent players that never ammounted to anything in the CL. We fluffed it over and over, we lost to the douche-brigade on penalties. 1994-1999 yes 1999-2006 no, just plain no.
I refuse to buy that 'cheating' shit, because lazio, fiorentina and milan were punished of the same crime - so what, we cheated more than them? They knew of this 'cheating' system and went along with it, knowing that only Juventus could win... I somehow doubt that.

I dont have a Moggi hard on, wtf kind of comment is that to make? I expected a more sensible reply from you. I dont hate moggi, that doesn't mean I want to make love to the guy :disagree:

And plenty of teams have great players and dont amount to anything in the CL, look at arsenal, look at chelsea so far, look at inter, look at Real over the last few years. CL is a competition based a lot on luck, and in that competition we have been notoriously unlucky.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Thanks to these jokers like Blanc i feel we will never see the old Juve. I feel we are loosing the essence of this club. Agnelli would never have tolerated this mediocrity what is going on. Now instead we have the Elkanns who seem to have no clue.

We are not anymore the strongest club in Italy, now we are not even strong enough to compete for the top spots. While others are getting stronger.

I know saying things like Juve material is cliche but i swear, if Gianni Agnelli would still be alive we wouldnt have gone this road, neither would he have tolerated the mediocrity what has been going on.

The man had passion for the club.

Elkanns should step up and sell the club if they are not interested enough. This is literally theirs club, how the f--k can they tolerate this s--t what is going on. There seems to be only one answer, they dont care enough. Juve is just a toy, a playground, something extra. Well if we continue this way and with these decisions things will not get better imo. Far far from it.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Thanks to these jokers like Blanc i feel we will never see the old Juve. I feel we are loosing the essence of this club. Agnelli would never have tolerated this mediocrity what is going on. Now instead we have the Elkanns who seem to have no clue.

We are not anymore the strongest club in Italy, now we are not even strong enough to compete for the top spots. While others are getting stronger.

I know saying things like Juve material is cliche but i swear, if Gianni Agnelli would still be alive we wouldnt have gone this road, neither would he have tolerated the mediocrity what has been going on.

The man had passion for the club.

Elkanns should step up and sell the club if they are not interested enough. This is literally theirs club, how the f--k can they tolerate this s--t what is going on. There seems to be only one answer, they dont care enough. Juve is just a toy, a playground, something extra. Well if we continue this way and with these decisions things will not get better imo. Far far from it.
Don't you remember Camoranesi saying that it would take 10 years for this club to reach his former levels. He said that right after they earned promotion back if I'm not mistaken. Does anyone remember this? I thought at the time that was a bit much, but perhaps he is right. Camo was probably closer to the most realistic goal out of everyone.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Saturday 30 January, 2010

Blog: Laurel & Hardy Juve

Alberto Zaccheroni is a temporary fix, but Dave Taylor feels the board have once again slipped up with the length of his contract

Well that’s another fine mess Juventus have got themselves into. Following the Coppa Italia defeat by Inter, the board decided enough was enough and sacked Ciro Ferrara. In reality they should have never appointed such an inexperienced Coach as their former captain, who was obviously the cheap option by even cheaper characters. His sacking was the end result of a series of bad decisions by Jean-Claude Blanc and Alessio Secco that started with the departure of Didier Deschamps after he won promotion from Serie B, and continued with buying players simply not worthy of wearing the Juve shirt.

For many fans they have extended those mistakes by giving Alberto Zaccheroni the job until the end of the season, but are they wrong to assume that? His task is simple: make sure they qualify for the Champions League. It might be a tall order after nine defeats in 12 games, but he does have a few precedents. In the late 90’s he led Udinese to great success, including a third place. With Milan he won the 1999 Scudetto and he also took Lazio and Inter into Europe later.

However, for me the principal problem he faces is convincing the players of his worth. Why a contract for just four months? What message does it send to the players? How much will they be able to respect a Coach who the club doesn’t seem to trust? Now I am sure most Juve players will do their best for the club, but underneath it all, if the new Coach is only there for four months, will they all give a 100 percent? It wouldn’t be natural if some didn’t think 'why bother, the future boss will give us all a clean slate anyway.’

Maybe they should have given Zac a contract until 2011 then, if necessary, bring in another Coach but if he does well then extend it further. Okay they might risk paying out an extra year, but what if Zac succeeds? And if so how much more money will he ask for then? We all know they want Rafa Benitez, but for me he will be another mistake by Messrs Secco and Blanc and far more costly then any other so far. It seems Zac is being used as a scapegoat and if things go wrong the real culprits will probably get away with it again.

football-italia

Kidtaf

May 20, 2009
Don't you remember Camoranesi saying that it would take 10 years for this club to reach his former levels. He said that right after they earned promotion back if I'm not mistaken. Does anyone remember this? I thought at the time that was a bit much, but perhaps he is right. Camo was probably closer to the most realistic goal out of everyone.
Deja vu? I could have sworn I read the same exact post before I just can't figure out where :shifty:

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Deja vu? I could have sworn I read the same exact post before I just can't figure out where :shifty:
:D i think Hustini himself wrote a similar post before just days ago (not sure though).

Anyways what he's saying is right, i had a similar reaction when Camo said that. I thought he's joking but its turning out to be true. Camo is a smart guy (reading he's previous intreviews one can tell) and he's closer to the management than any of us. So he knows that something isn't right with those people.

I'm starting to accept the idea that its gonna take another 5-10 years from now to start having a compatitive team once again. It happened with a giant club like liverpool so its pretty likely to happen to us.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Saturday 30 January, 2010

Blog: Laurel & Hardy Juve

Alberto Zaccheroni is a temporary fix, but Dave Taylor feels the board have once again slipped up with the length of his contract

Well that’s another fine mess Juventus have got themselves into. Following the Coppa Italia defeat by Inter, the board decided enough was enough and sacked Ciro Ferrara. In reality they should have never appointed such an inexperienced Coach as their former captain, who was obviously the cheap option by even cheaper characters. His sacking was the end result of a series of bad decisions by Jean-Claude Blanc and Alessio Secco that started with the departure of Didier Deschamps after he won promotion from Serie B, and continued with buying players simply not worthy of wearing the Juve shirt.

For many fans they have extended those mistakes by giving Alberto Zaccheroni the job until the end of the season, but are they wrong to assume that? His task is simple: make sure they qualify for the Champions League. It might be a tall order after nine defeats in 12 games, but he does have a few precedents. In the late 90’s he led Udinese to great success, including a third place. With Milan he won the 1999 Scudetto and he also took Lazio and Inter into Europe later.

However, for me the principal problem he faces is convincing the players of his worth. Why a contract for just four months? What message does it send to the players? How much will they be able to respect a Coach who the club doesn’t seem to trust? Now I am sure most Juve players will do their best for the club, but underneath it all, if the new Coach is only there for four months, will they all give a 100 percent? It wouldn’t be natural if some didn’t think 'why bother, the future boss will give us all a clean slate anyway.’

Maybe they should have given Zac a contract until 2011 then, if necessary, bring in another Coach but if he does well then extend it further. Okay they might risk paying out an extra year, but what if Zac succeeds? And if so how much more money will he ask for then? We all know they want Rafa Benitez, but for me he will be another mistake by Messrs Secco and Blanc and far more costly then any other so far. It seems Zac is being used as a scapegoat and if things go wrong the real culprits will probably get away with it again.

football-italia
It's a world cup year. That should be enough motivation for our players to start performing. At least those who'll play at the world cup.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
It's a world cup year. That should be enough motivation for our players to start performing. At least those who'll play at the world cup.
Alen that makes to much sense mate. Seriously why do people bother to take notice of Channel 4 blogs and Goal.com?

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Do you honestly think that Blanc woke up one day (3 years ago) and found that money to invest in the new stadium ?!!

There was allready a plan to build the new stadium by our old mangement, blanc and Co. have put they're final touches to that deal.
The old plan was scrapped entirely. The stadium we're building now has nothing to do with what Moggi had been trying to accomplish. Except for the location obviously.

Moggi was too busy building one of the best teams in europe. Ignorance is bliss
Didn't say he wasn't.
You are the one who made it sound like a building a new stadium was very easy, which is obviously not true. If it was, we would have been playing in a new one for years now.

I'm not here to defend Blanc (why would I?), but if we're gonna criticize him for everything that goes wrong, we should also give credit where it's due.

Think thats true though, I remember Blanc saying in an interview they were going ahead with the plans put in place by the old regime.
That's completely wrong.

After our relegation the likes of Blanc, Gigli and others had a look at the old Moggi plans, in the hope of continuing them. For a few weeks (maybe months) that looked like it was going to happen. After a while though, it was deemed impossible and those plans were scrapped.
Then there was the debate on whether we should just keep playing in the Olimpico in the near future, renovate the old Delle Alpi or go for an entirely new stadium & concept.
The decision was made near the end of our season in B.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
That's completely wrong.

After our relegation the likes of Blanc, Gigli and others had a look at the old Moggi plans, in the hope of continuing them. For a few weeks (maybe months) that looked like it was going to happen. After a while though, it was deemed impossible and those plans were scrapped.
Then there was the debate on whether we should just keep playing in the Olimpico in the near future, renovate the old Delle Alpi or go for an entirely new stadium & concept.
The decision was made near the end of our season in B.
I thought we were gonna continue with the Moggi plans if Italy got to the host the World Cup or Euros (can't remember which) because the FIGC were gonna give all the top clubs money to bring their stadiums up to standard.

Since that didn't happen we went with plan B and went with the current plans.

But your probably right.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Italy not hosting the Euro's did have an impact on our plans though, you're right about that.

Mind you, Moggi's initial project had nothing to do with the Euro's but after our demotion, his stadium project was deemed too expensive. The Euro's gave us a possible solution (for a minute), since the only way the initial project might have worked is if there was money coming in from the government/FIGC. But Italy lost the bid, no money came in and we had to proceed accordingly.

OP
Jul 2, 2006
  • Thread Starter #520
    Jean Claude Blight will not be remembered good. that's for sure.

fuck the stadium project btw. was it necessary when you have no team to play in that? maybe that's why they are demolishing 70k stadium and building smaller one.capacity is decreasing with vision at the same time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)