Javier Saviola (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 19, 2007
Saviola kan ook naar Manchester United
Manchester United is flink aan het investeren. Na Nani, Anderson en Owen Hargreaves wil manager Alex Ferguson ook nog een spits halen. Na Klaas Jan Huntelaar (Ajax) en Nicolas Anelka (Bolton) is nu ook Javier Saviola (FC Barcelona) kandidaat.

(dutch site www.voetbalprimeur.nl)

Saviola is a target for manchester United
After Nani, Anderson and Owen Hargreaves, manager Alex Ferguson wants to obtain a striker. After klaas Jan Huntelaar (Ajax) and Nicolas Anelka (bolton wanderers) now also Javier Saviola (FC Barcelona) is a candidate.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Bicoz they already have strong team. Buying 3-4 new players will not help them to improve especially when they won't sell anybody.
To be fair though, up front they dont quite look inspiring, i mean they have to rely on ronaldo to almost play as a centre forward, which isnt bad but IMO they dont have decent attacking options on the bench. I think Man U looking for a striker seems certain.. whether its saviola or not i aint sure but it would be a great choice for them thats for sure.

oriax

Mar 30, 2007
I think that buying two att midfielders means that they will play with only one striker next season (rooney or saha). Coz they already have Ronaldo and Giggs and Richardson so they will use 3 att. mid. IMO.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I think that buying two att midfielders means that they will play with only one striker next season (rooney or saha). Coz they already have Ronaldo and Giggs and Richardson so they will use 3 att. mid. IMO.
Well Richardson looks likely to be leaving, his heavily linked with a move to sheffield utd and I believe some other clubs are after him too. Giggs is getting old and may not play as many matches as the season before, ferguson recently admitted that his squads getting old, which is why his bought the two kids. I believe Nani will be giving more starting roles than anderson. At the same time ferguson for once will get a chance to do some squad rotation. In terms of strikers Saha is only decent and to be fair i dont see ferguson playing with one striker, his only had to do this a few times this season because his had no choice as both (solsjaer and saha injured). With the former not even regarded as a super sub anymore. Lets not also forget Alan smith aint really the ideal striker, his had to play as a defensive midfielder number of times and up front he aint clinical (his also linked to spurs, interesting to see whether that happens) . Rooney aint a true striker but rather a "centre forward".. all the more reason to get themselves a finisher.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
ya saviola's a good choice i mean a free player can never hurt you
A free player who adds nothing to the squad hurts. Since he can take a place of another player in the same position who is better and has more potential than him. Why do we have to sign Saviola and we've Palladino?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)