Javier Saviola (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Different types of striker so really depends what you are looking for in a striker. I think if we sign Huntelaar, Saviola's pace will be more valuable than Pizzaro's physical presence.
I know, man. Pizzaro is a striker whose danger is mostly inside the box, but Saviola is a forward who can hold on ball, scores and creates chances. But I was talking about a value, who will be more beneficial to the squad. I go for the former, as we've Palladino whose playing style is nearly the same as Saviola, besides he is younger. On the other hand, we lack poachers; Zalayeta wants to leave and Trezeguet staying is inaccurate.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I know, man. Pizzaro is a striker whose danger is mostly inside the box, but Saviola is a forward who can hold on ball, scores and creates chances. But I was talking about a value, who will be more beneficial to the squad. I go for the former, as we've Palladino whose playing style is nearly the same as Saviola, besides he is younger. On the other hand, we lack poachers; Zalayeta wants to leave and Trezeguet staying is inaccurate.
Fair point, I was assuming Trez would stay and Huntelaar would come so they would be the poachers, leaving DP, Palla and Saviola to be more creative.

Midzata®

Jan 26, 2007
I would only take Saviola if he recieves lesser than 2 £ per season.
He was constantly underdog at Barca, if he's not moaling he can come.
But if what curi is saying, if Huntelaar is coming ciao Javier

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Fair point, I was assuming Trez would stay and Huntelaar would come so they would be the poachers, leaving DP, Palla and Saviola to be more creative.
I agree. But the only positive points I see in Saviola is that he would be free on the summer plus having a good experience in Europe. When it comes to his personal capabilities, he isn't the type of forwards that I admire. He isn't aggressive nor tough. Maybe you'll mistaken me about a Rugby coach :)D), but in fact this how I like an attacker to be. Definitely, it isn't a must, but it is just my view.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Saviola's physical shortcomings could be a problem in Italy and there's really no need for him with Del Piero and Palladino in the squad.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Saviola's physical shortcomings could be a problem in Italy and there's really no need for him with Del Piero and Palladino in the squad.
Taking Maradona as an example, he was nearly as short as Saviola, still Maradona has been one of the best players ever in the history of the Calcio. In spite of being short, Maradona's physique was stunning in such an aggressive league. Maradona was stocky, strong, quick and a true fighter. Definitely, I'm not going to talk about his other skills, since this would sound ridiculous.

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
I havent' seen Huntelaar my self, but I guess all praises are going his way - Good for us if we sign him.

Savio is a great player. He scores and asks questions later. He's a true finisher and that's all about it. I also admire his passion to stay with barca. If you ask me, such passion is what makes a great player. So far, he wants to remain in spain if he isn't going to be with Barcelona next season, so maybe we are a farhter option for him if he wishes to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)