Italy = anti islam (2 Viewers)

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
Zé Tahir said:
All these questions are not valid, because most of those people who "expect" all these things are people who have saught refuge in Western Countries. To use these arguments against their country of origin is not valid at all, because they themselves have chosen to leave their country. Some, like the Shiites of Iraq, who are Muslim but didn't get rights in their country fled their country, etc.
In the case of the uk, the majority that expect and demand these things are actually of pakistani descent and not refugees.

You are right that these people do need to assimilate into society, and they should. But that doesn't mean they have to cross religious boundries.
Never said they did, i said they need to compromise and not expect a country to change because of them... Both parties must compromise but the majority of the compromising must be bore by the new comer not the country itself

If people are unable to compromise and adjust to the way of life within their chosen country without fuss, then they should look to a country that more suits their needs ... not expect that country to change its culture to suit them

As for churches being replaced with mosques, I've never heard this before, where did this happen?
This actually happens alot across the uk and i have read of several occurances in italy as well... most relevant to this forum being on the hill, looking over the river jus to the east of torino city centre...

If you've read Islamic history, you would know that there was a time when places of worship were shared in areas under Islamic rule. For ex in Southern Spain, a Mosque would be a mosque during the day, and then a Church during the evening (something along those lines).
Of course unfortunately this kind of agreement is rare and the religious ideal behind this from both faiths has been considerably diluted and most worshippers these days would not / will not accept such a thing...

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Nawaf said:
That's very true.. and what I find even more saddening is that a major part of the population are sheep.. They do whatever their Imam/Islamic Leader "advises" them to do..

Oh, and I'm not saying that all Imam's are the same.. but some of them are terrorist-breeders, unfortunately..
Is it any wonder that even cult leaders like David Koresh liken themselves to the divine?

The mechanisms are very similar.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
ive never agreed that the state should have anything to do with building churches or mosques or whatever. that should definitely be left to the followers of the religion. the states only responsibility should be to provide its citizens with the opportunity to build a church or mosque, etc, if they want to. such freedoms are the cornerstone of humanity.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Zé Tahir said:
As for churches being replaced with mosques, I've never heard this before, where did this happen?
Completely out of line, but Hagia Sophia in Istanbul, Turkey used to be a Church and it is now a Mosque :)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Black Mamba said:
Completely out of line, but Hagia Sophia in Istanbul, Turkey used to be a Church and it is now a Mosque :)
lol, but that has nothing to do with a church being turned into a mosque on the request of muslims.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Nawaf said:
Liberal? Maybe..

..and I apologize if I might've said some inaccuracies, or started some debated on whether something is right or not, but I'm saying this based on my own upbringing and the culture I'm living in.. The hijab is worn, but the burga is not required, and is said to be just old-fashioned..
I understand what you mean, but religion is religion and should not conflict with culture. Burqah might not be require in the culture but it is very much require in the religion.

burga is not required, and is said to be just old-fashioned..
someone once said, that "the teachings of the Holy Quran will never be outdated and if anyone thinks this way then they should beg Allah’s forgiveness."

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I have a nice idea.

I will open a thread,something like this: Iran and Saudi arabia is against christians:

Did you know that any woman in those countries,should be covered (like muslims), even if she was a muslim or not.

did you know that a non-muslim person can't enter the "holly" city of Islam, Mekka?

T_I_C

Dec 1, 2005
I saw a documentary on greece and muslims there don't get citizenship as same as orthodox greeks ... even to muslims who have lived there for god knows how long, and until 2-3 years ago some turk celebrations and culture stuff were not allowed to be done on streets.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
snoop said:
I have a nice idea.

I will open a thread,something like this: Iran and Saudi arabia is against christians:

Did you know that any woman in those countries,should be covered (like muslims), even if she was a muslim or not.
Snoop, whats your point? Now ask yourself, is that Islam? If you knew any better, the answer would be NO, so then what is your point? No one denies their idiocy.

did you know that a non-muslim person can't enter the "holly" city of Islam, Mekka?
Sure we can go along your argument. Did you know that when Jerusalem was under the hands of Christians, no non-Christian was allowed to enter? Did you know that when it was under Muslim controll, everyone was allowed to enter? But I won't go along :weee:

It's our holy city, so you don't need to put it in quotation marks, unless you want to argue that. I think that non-muslims should be allowed in the city, and if they are accompanied by someone to enter the mosque. I think journalists are granted permission, not sure though. Anyways, I don't see how that's offending. Mormons don't allow anyone in their temples.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Zé Tahir said:
Snoop, whats your point? Now ask yourself, is that Islam? If you knew any better, the answer would be NO, so then what is your point? No one denies their idiocy.
my point was it wasn't any good idea to open a thread like that,like "Italy is against Islam".
I wasn't serious to open a thread like that,maybe If I put that smiley, you wouldn't write all these :D
I know that no one here is against anyone,these are just religious beliefs/toughts.
but still,I think it's wrong to force non-muslims in those countries to wear like Muslims (I mean covered Hijab etc..),just like you called,it's their idiocy :agree:

Zé Tahir said:
Sure we can go along your argument. Did you know that when Jerusalem was under the hands of Christians, no non-Christian was allowed to enter? Did you know that when it was under Muslim controll, everyone was allowed to enter? But I won't go along :weee:

It's our holy city, so you don't need to put it in quotation marks, unless you want to argue that. I think that non-muslims should be allowed in the city, and if they are accompanied by someone to enter the mosque. I think journalists are granted permission, not sure though. Anyways, I don't see how that's offending. Mormons don't allow anyone in their temples.
since you mentioned these,my tought is both of them is wrong,muslims christians atheists jews anyone should go wherever they want to go.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
snoop said:
my point was it wasn't any good idea to open a thread like that,like "Italy is against Islam".
I wasn't serious to open a thread like that,maybe If I put that smiley, you wouldn't write all these :D
I know that no one here is against anyone,these are just religious beliefs/toughts.
but still,I think it's wrong to force non-muslims in those countries to wear like Muslims (I mean covered Hijab etc..),just like you called,it's their idiocy :agree:

since you mentioned these,my tought is both of them is wrong,muslims christians atheists jews anyone should go wherever they want to go.
Use a BLODDY smiley then

j/k! u know I love u snoop :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)