Italy = anti islam (3 Viewers)

$hady0ne

Nov 25, 2005
Italian anti-terror law enacted

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4731711.stm

It is feared Italy may be the next European country to be hit
The lower house of the Italian parliament has approved new measures to combat the threat of terrorist attack, which means they have become law.

The bill includes surveillance of the internet and phone networks and making it easier to detain suspects.

Those who hide their features from the public - including through wearing the Islamic burqa - also face punishment.

A number of Western countries have introduced extra measures after the London bombs this month.

The BBC's Jacky Rowland notes that explicit threats against Italy have appeared on a number of extremist websites.

Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi has rejected the theory that Italy is being targeted due to its presence in Iraq, where it has 3,000 troops.

The government has indicated that it plans to start withdrawing those troops next year.

'Very satisfied'

Italy's upper house backed the bill on Friday.

The package of extra measures approved overwhelmingly by parliament includes:

doubling to 24 hours the time suspects can be kept in custody without charge

interrogating suspects without lawyers present

strengthening of measures to prevent terrorists from financing their operations

increasing penalties for carrying false documents

compiling lists of mobile phone users to help police investigating suspected terrorist crime

The terrorist threat with Islamic origins has a world-wide dimension, it could materialise everywhere and no corner of the planet is immune
up to two years in prison and a 2,000 euro (£1,379 or $2,424) fine for anyone who purposely hides their features by covering their faces in public.

Interior Minister Giuseppe Pisanu said after the vote that he was "very satisfied" with the overwhelming approval of the house.

There are growing fears that Italy could be the next target in Europe.

"The terrorist threat with Islamic origins has a world-wide dimension, it could materialise everywhere and no corner of the planet is immune," Mr Pisanu said.

The minister has said the Italian government has received no specific information of a strike.

However, about 13,000 sites around the country are being guarded against possible terrorist attack, including public buildings, embassies, ports, railway stations and the Vatican.

way to go italy, telling muslims how they can dress or not to dress. There goes freedom out the window. I also heard rumors that Italy's government wants immiragtion to Italy for christians ONLY ... :frown:

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
$hady0ne

$hady0ne

Nov 25, 2005
  • Thread Starter #4
    Don Bes said:
    Those who hide their features from the public - including through wearing the Islamic burqa - also face punishment.

punishment ?
    yep, muslims are not allowed to dress anyway they want anymore, only christians can ... so a nun can cover as much as she wants and nothing will happen, no punishments.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    nothing against Muslims...

but, do you know that Muslim groups have a court case going in Italy to remove crucifix's from classrooms in Italy ??

Italy, whose population has got to be about 95-98% Catholic, should try to appease 2% of the people complaining about it.....

could you imagine the small minority of Christians in Saudi Arabia, or other heavily Muslim countries doing the same ???

they'd be killed !!!!

Jan 7, 2004
    Vinman said:

but, do you know that Muslim groups have a court case going in Italy to remove crucifix's from classrooms in Italy ??

Italy, whose population has got to be about 95-98% Catholic, should try to appease 2% of the people complaining about it.....

could you imagine the small minority of Christians in Saudi Arabia, or other heavily Muslim countries doing the same ???

they'd be killed !!!!
    you bring on a valid point. which is why i think public education should be 100% religion free

OP
    $hady0ne

$hady0ne

Nov 25, 2005
  • Thread Starter #7
    Vinman said:

they'd be killed !!!!
    nothing would happen in turkey.

OP
    $hady0ne

$hady0ne

Nov 25, 2005
  • Thread Starter #9
    Don Bes said:
    you bring on a valid point. which is why i think public education should be 100% religion free
    agreed ... wow I never knew Italy was so behind the times ... kinda like some southern states of USA :D :sick:

OP
    $hady0ne

$hady0ne

Nov 25, 2005
  • Thread Starter #10
    The dominant religion of Italy is Roman Catholicism, the faith of about 98 percent of the people. However, the Catholic church’s role in Italy is declining; only about 25 percent of Italians attend mass regularly, and a law ratified in 1985 abolished Roman Catholicism as the official state religion and ended mandatory religious instruction in public schools. The constitution guarantees freedom of worship to the religious minorities, which are primarily Protestant, Muslim, and Jewish.

http://encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_761555207_3/Italy.html

wow .. it took italy THAT long ... wow just wow

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    $hady0ne said:
    yep, muslims are not allowed to dress anyway they want anymore, only christians can ... so a nun can cover as much as she wants and nothing will happen, no punishments.
    A Nun doesnt cover her eyes, just her hair. And there are Nuns that dont even cover their hair anymore

Jan 7, 2004
    $hady0ne said:
    The dominant religion of Italy is Roman Catholicism, the faith of about 98 percent of the people. However, the Catholic church’s role in Italy is declining; only about 25 percent of Italians attend mass regularly, and a law ratified in 1985 abolished Roman Catholicism as the official state religion and ended mandatory religious instruction in public schools. The constitution guarantees freedom of worship to the religious minorities, which are primarily Protestant, Muslim, and Jewish.

http://encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_761555207_3/Italy.html

wow .. it took italy THAT long ... wow just wow

muslim states are faaaar more behind.

i just read on the paper that 4 women in saudi arabia had to marry their bus driver becuase they got wanted to live in his house and not get a long ride to work everyday.plus women arent even allowed to drive in saudi arabia

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    I dont think theyre being anti Islamics, theyre just being paranoid. Why Islam? Because the 9.11 attacks were made by arabs and Al Qaeda who happens to be an arab terrorist group also claimed the attacks made in London

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Black Mamba said:
    A Nun doesnt cover her eyes, just her hair. And there are Nuns that dont even cover their hair anymore
    i say if a woman wants to where a burka then let her. but she sould also be given the choice to not where the burka. and it should be against the law for her husband to force it on her. if that were the way im sure no burkas would be seen in italy.

OP
    $hady0ne

$hady0ne

Nov 25, 2005
  • Thread Starter #15
    Don Bes said:
    lol duh

what i'm saying is as a modern and nice society italy claims to be ... it sure isn't the case if you aren't a catholic ... where in Canada, we got more freedom and no crucifix hanging around every classroom you go to.

looks like italy has a long way to go.

as an agnostic, I would be pissed if everywhere in school there was a crucifix haning out, religion in my face!

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    Enron said:
    i say if a woman wants to where a burka then let her. but she sould also be given the choice to not where the burka. and it should be against the law for her husband to force it on her. if that were the way im sure no burkas would be seen in italy.

I think women wear that not because their husbands make them but because their religion is like that (if someone of muslim religion could clarify that...) but its stupid to compare what nuns wear to a thing that covers everything but your eyes, if the police were looking for suspects the thing that nuns wear wouldnt be a problem, on the other hand the burka would be

Jan 7, 2004
    $hady0ne said:
    lol duh

what i'm saying is as a modern and nice society italy claims to be ... it sure isn't the case if you aren't a catholic ... where in Canada, we got more freedom and no crucifix hanging around every classroom you go to.

looks like italy has a long way to go.

as an agnostic, I would be pissed if everywhere in school there was a crucifix haning out, religion in my face!

stop worrying about italy ok.

/usr/bin

Excellent
    Mar 6, 2005
    Don Bes said:

i just read on the paper that 4 women in saudi arabia had to marry their bus driver becuase they got wanted to live in his house and not get a long ride to work everyday.plus women arent even allowed to drive in saudi arabia
    Please try not to overgeneralize next time..

That's only the case in Saudi Arabia.. In other countries, including my beloved Bahrain, women are more or less treated equally and have the same liberties as men, by law... but that doesn't mean that the society completely agrees with that.. So, you'd find, that yes, women are not entirely equal here..

But, I digress..

Anyways, this whole issue is about the covering of the face, isn't it? Well, I'm in total agreement with this, and, tbh, I'm not much of a fan of the burga myself..

/usr/bin

Excellent
    Mar 6, 2005
    Black Mamba said:
    I think women wear that not because their husbands make them but because their religion is like that (if someone of muslim religion could clarify that...) but its stupid to compare what nuns wear to a thing that covers everything but your eyes, if the police were looking for suspects the thing that nuns wear wouldnt be a problem, on the other hand the burka would be
    Hello, yes, I'm from the Muslim Religion.. you called? :D

No, it is not required by Islam.. Some even debate that the hijab (covering of the hair) is not even required.. but that's not my point..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)