Italy = anti islam (5 Viewers)

Jan 7, 2004
Nawaf said:
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but did you not say: "muslim states are faaaar more behind." ?

In case you didn't know, Bahrain, and many other countries not limited to Saudi Arabia, are muslim states..

oh i m sorry then. this is what happens a lot. we praise muslim countries when they change something even if it very little and we critisize christian countries (such as italy) like the guy who opened the topic here for some minor ties to religion

/usr/bin

Excellent
Mar 6, 2005
Don Bes said:
oh i m sorry then. this is what happens a lot. we praise muslim countries when they change something even if it very little and we critisize christian countries (such as italy) like the guy who opened the topic here for some minor ties to religion
Now don't get me wrong here.. I see no point in opening this thread in the first place..

I personally see no reason for criticizing christian countries, especially based on articles such as this one..

Jan 7, 2004
Nawaf said:
Now don't get me wrong here.. I see no point in opening this thread in the first place..

I personally see no reason for criticizing christian countries, especially based on articles such as this one..

i guess then for next time i m gonna have to be a lot more specific.

/usr/bin

Excellent
Mar 6, 2005
Enron said:
Hehe, mate, the point isn't naming countries which have these properties..

The point I'm trying to make is that labelling All of us as the same country, with the same principles and cultures is just plain wrong..

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Don Bes said:
they are also a very very very small part ;)
Lybia, Syra, who else? Lemme call my buddy and have him hit the history button on the US guided missile systems computer.;)

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Don Bes said:
And that's exactly the reason why most countries in the West are proud of being democratic and free. To say that we shouldn't change because they do not change is to say that progress is not necessary unless the rest of the world keeps up. I personally do not like the interference of religion in the state and education.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Nawaf said:
Hehe, mate, the point isn't naming countries which have these properties..

The point I'm trying to make is that labelling All of us as the same country, with the same principles and cultures is just plain wrong..
I know all muslims are not fanatical. but my point is that there are enough to make the world nervous even if its only a few people. just as there are enough fanatical christians in the US to have a watch list for abortion clinics. its not the good apples that spoil the bunch my friend.

Jan 7, 2004
Sadomin said:
And that's exactly the reason why most countries in the West are proud of being democratic and free. To say that we shouldn't change because they do not change is to say that progress is not necessary unless the rest of the world keeps up.

please, when we get women in saudi arabia the right to drive maybe we will worry about a few religious images in italy.

the progress of christian countries compared to muslim ones (with few exceptions) is on a whole different level

/usr/bin

Excellent
Mar 6, 2005
Enron said:
I know all muslims are not fanatical. but my point is that there are enough to make the world nervous even if its only a few people. just as there are enough fanatical christians in the US to have a watch list for abortion clinics. its not the good apples that spoil the bunch my friend.
Of course.. which is why I get irritated at comments labelling all of us as Women-Opressing Terrorists..

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Don Bes said:
please, when we get women in saudi arabia the right to drive maybe we will worry about a few religious images in italy.

the progress of christian countries compared to muslim ones (with few exceptions) is on a whole different level
So what you are saying is that we should just stop caring about our societies until corrupt and undemocratical countries reach our levels. Let's stop worrying about theft, because murder is much more serious and our minds can only concentrate on one issue at a time. Not very logical, is it?

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Nawaf said:
Of course.. which is why I get irritated at comments labelling all of us as Women-Opressing Terrorists..
yeah i can see that. when i was in high school we had about 4 or 5 muslims on our team and our assistant coach was the president of the local mosque. that was right after 911. because we were all on the same team we supported terrorism or at least thats what some idiot fans thought. so i do know where your coming from.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Don Bes said:
we all know its just a small step.

Sadomin, you also dont give the same punishment for theft as you would give for murder. if you get my analogy
Exactly, since theft is less serious. But it's still an issue nonetheless.

To conclude, Italy, an important nation in the EU with pride of its democracy, muslims should be able to dress as they wish and education should be 100% secular in order to not affect the children's opinions on such matters in any way.

Jan 7, 2004
Sadomin said:
Exactly, since theft is less serious, but it's still an issue nonetheless.

In Italy, an important nation in the EU with pride of it's democracy, muslims should be able to dress as they wish and education should be 100% secular in order to not affect the children's opinions on such matters in any way.
exactly, but dont go acting like that it the end of the world, when we all know that certain places are worse. even if italy is in the EU.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)