Italy = anti islam (4 Viewers)

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
$hady0ne said:
what i'm saying is as a modern and nice society italy claims to be ... it sure isn't the case if you aren't a catholic ...

I doubt that catholics in Italy make life harder for gentiles... you gotta understand that more than 90% of the population is of a certain religion and you just gotta accept it... Its not like catholics are shoving you images of crosses and Virgin Mary's 24.7 so I think youre exaggerating. If you go to a Muslim country you see Mosques in every corner and you (as a non-muslim) just have to adapt to their culture

Buy on AliExpress.com

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Black Mamba said:
I think women wear that not because their husbands make them but because their religion is like that (if someone of muslim religion could clarify that...) but its stupid to compare what nuns wear to a thing that covers everything but your eyes, if the police were looking for suspects the thing that nuns wear wouldnt be a problem, on the other hand the burka would be
i agree. comparing nuns to burka ladies is like apples and oranges. but i still think a woman should have a choice in what she does.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Black Mamba said:
I doubt that catholics in Italy make life harder for gentiles... you gotta understand that more than 90% of the population is of a certain religion and you just gotta accept it... Its not like catholics are shoving you images of crosses and Virgin Mary's 24.7 so I think youre exaggerating. If you go to a Muslim country you see Mosques in every corner and you (as a non-muslim) just have to adapt to their culture
catholics are gentiles. we're all gentiles unless were Jewish.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Nawaf said:
Hello, yes, I'm from the Muslim Religion.. you called? :D

No, it is not required by Islam.. Some even debate that the hijab (covering of the hair) is not even required.. but that's not my point..

So its a choice of the women to wear it or not to wear it?
I met a girl thats from Oman and she always covered her hair. When I asked her why she did it she told me because people would look at her in a funny way if she didnt. Is this really true?

Jan 7, 2004
Nawaf said:
Please try not to overgeneralize next time..

That's only the case in Saudi Arabia.. In other countries, including my beloved Bahrain, women are more or less treated equally and have the same liberties as men, by law... but that doesn't mean that the society completely agrees with that.. So, you'd find, that yes, women are not entirely equal here..

But, I digress..

Anyways, this whole issue is about the covering of the face, isn't it? Well, I'm in total agreement with this, and, tbh, I'm not much of a fan of the burga myself..

when did you hear me say four women in [insert islamic country name here] had to marry a guy ? i specifically said saudi arabia. mainly because the guy speciafically said italy.

what i find so useless is how this guy is saying italy as a western developed country should forget religion when you have a lot of muslim countries much more deep in religion.

/usr/bin

Excellent
Mar 6, 2005
Black Mamba said:
So its a choice of the women to wear it or not to wear it?
I met a girl thats from Oman and she always covered her hair. When I asked her why she did it she told me because people would look at her in a funny way if she didnt. Is this really true?
Well, I don't want to start another debate here, so I'll just stick to the thing I'm definite about.. The burka isn't required, so in many cases, it's their choice.. Also, in many cases, you'll find them forced onto by their husbands..

/usr/bin

Excellent
Mar 6, 2005
Don Bes said:
when did you hear me say four women in [insert islamic country name here] had to marry a guy ? i specifically said saudi arabia. mainly because the guy speciafically said italy.

what i find so useless is how this guy is saying italy as a western developed country should forget religion when you have a lot of muslim countries much more deep in religion.
I was mostly referring to the first line of your post..

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Enron said:
i agree. comparing nuns to burka ladies is like apples and oranges. but i still think a woman should have a choice in what she does.

I agree. Coming from a catholic school we always used to ask the nuns why they kept wearing that thing that covered their hair everyday. They told us that when they decided to become a nun and joined a certain organization it was a requisite for them to do that. So I guess that by agreeing to join, they agreed to obey the rules, covering their hair being one of them

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Nawaf said:
Well, I don't want to start another debate here, so I'll just stick to the thing I'm definite about.. The burka isn't required, so in many cases, it's their choice.. Also, in many cases, you'll find them forced onto by their husbands..

Ok. Thanks for making that clear!

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Don Bes said:
no i am not.

i m just tried at this double standarts where we expect catholics to be more leanient and we dont do the same thing about other religions
What religion are you Donny?

/usr/bin

Excellent
Mar 6, 2005
Don Bes said:
how is bahrain compared to italy ?
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but did you not say: "muslim states are faaaar more behind." ?

In case you didn't know, Bahrain, and many other countries not limited to Saudi Arabia, are muslim states..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)