[ITA] Serie A 2013/2014 (11 Viewers)

TrezJuve

May 26, 2010
Juventino[RUS];4554512 said:
I said that you can't replace Ibra, while Cavani and Silva are replaceable - Tevez, Llorente, Higuain, Rossi, Gomez, who else do you want? Messi?! lol, as for Silva i don't rate him that high, he is error prone, look at Benatia's progress for example, he is already most wanted central defender for the upcoming summer
Ibra counts too, don't be such a child. Cavani was replaceable, but he's also 10 times the player Higuain is. For the bold part I'd say it's alright.

I love Benatia, good pick.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
That the quality of defending has reached an all time low in this league.People need to accept this.The fact that they've had to face attackers of lesser quality compared to the past or compared to other leagues isnt helping the cause.Standards have dropped hugely.

Even our own defense is testament to that as well.

As for the second comment,i was in troll mode and it was clearly exaggerated.Obvious troll post.

And you can laugh at the Spanish comment all you want but they have the best record of all top leagues.Just face the facts.They've dominated for two decades now.Thats enough 'domination' for me.
Despite that defending in Serie a isn't on the standards of the 80es or 90es and for a while it really hasn't been, compared to the other top leagues it is still on acceptable levels. And you're exaggerating about our defense and it's shortcomings, as guys like Chiellini or Barzagli could walk into any European squad; but not my problem if some value the likes of Pique, Kompany, Ramos, Luiz as the pinnacle when it comes to defending, while these guys tend to make blunders in their practically every game.

In the last 10 years I'd agree that Spaniards have been dominating, but not in the last 2 decades, as there were other leagues and clubs that had been extremely successful, EPL clubs for instance.

- - - Updated - - -

Juventino[RUS];4554537 said:

Poor serie a, such a bad tournament
La Liga :lol2:

Mar 9, 2006
Despite that defending in Serie a isn't on the standards of the 80es or 90es and for a while it really hasn't been, compared to the other top leagues it is still on acceptable levels. And you're exaggerating about our defense and it's shortcomings, as guys like Chiellini or Barzagli could walk into any European squad; but not my problem if some value the likes of Pique, Kompany, Ramos, Luiz as the pinnacle when it comes to defending, while these guys tend to make blunders in their practically every game.

In the last 10 years I'd agree that Spaniards have been dominating, but not in the last 2 decades, as there were other leagues and clubs that had been extremely successful, EPL clubs for instance.
It's simple - people overrated Piques and other sons of a bitches because they see them in the god damn champions league year after year and while they doesn't watch Cagliari - Parma matches for example, especially fanboys of Thiago Silva :inter: if my disabled grandfather will spend 3 years near Nesta he will become good central defender too lol

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Who rates Luiz or Ramos though ?

Though i'd like to add one thing which i got from another forum :

Every CB who's not named Silva is placed under immense scrutiny.This is mostly due to personal agendas and over-analysis of every error but also unrealistic expectations placed on defenders despite strict officiating, rule changes and nostalgic bias.
This is so f*cking true.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Juventino[RUS];4554493 said:
meh.
In the past seasons Serie A lost Ibra, Silva, Cavani, Lavezzi, Sanchez, Jovetic but now we have Tevez, Llorente, Higuain, Pogba, Rossi, Gomez, Strootman, Mertens and you call it "huge drop in quality" ?
Some great players on that list and hopefully we'll see more of those this summer. Can't see any of them leaving the league in the next few years tbh, Napoli's president promised more investments this summer, Milanese clubs have been cleaning their backyard for a while and they as well might invest, especially Inter with his new owner, then you have the likes of Roma, Fiorentina, Torino, Parma. It is still a very good league to play in and considering that they've been in the crisis over the last few years you can only imagine how Serie a will look like once the major clubs gain momentum. Spain will never have this kind of tradition, hardly any league will, despite of the benefits they enjoy now.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Who rates Luiz or Ramos though ?

Though i'd like to add one thing which i got from another forum :

This is so f*cking true.
Its true, with good reason.

You cannot compare modern defending to the defending in the 80ties and before. Butcher tackles were allowed.

However, when we look at the 90ties, the grand era of impossibly good defenders, we see the truely great ones stand out by not even having to resort to these insane fauls. Someone like Maldini, hardly had to do a tackle, yet domminated the fuck out of his line, by positionning, reading the game and anticipating, but also cause he simply was impossible to get past, and he used that knowledge to "jockey" players out of the danger zone.

Modern defenders, we have to be extremely realistic, are very average in comparison. I fully agree with the Tiago silva statement. That guy is the only defender that could play for a 90ties team with a world class defence, and battle for starting spot.

After Silva, only Barzagli comes close. The rest are mostly physical bulldosers, that dont know how to controll space. This is why italian teams with crappy defences (milan) manage to hold Barcelona. Cause despite their pathetic individual skill, they have a coach that can set a deep defence and controll space.

Di Matteo went to chelsea, and guess what they did..

Mar 9, 2006
Some great players on that list hopefully we'll see more of those this summer. Can't see any of them leaving the league in the next few years tbh, Napoli's president promised more investments this summer, Milanese clubs have been cleaning their backyard for a while and they as well might invest, especially Inter with his new owner, then you have the likes of Roma, Fiorentina, Torino, Parma. It is still a very good league to play in and considering that they've been in crisis over the last few years you can only imagine how Serie a will look like once the major clubs gain momentum.
96 players of serie a are going to the world cup, you don't have to add anything to this number, also i checked previous world cups and i found information since 1998:
WC 98
2nd Serie A - 70 players (9.94% of all players)
WC 02
2nd Serie A - 75 players (10.19%)
WC 06
3rd Serie A - 60 players (8.15%)
WC 10
3rd Serie A - 80 players (11%)
WC 14
2nd Serie A - 96 players

Poor mediocre serie a

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I would like you all to remember Roberto Carlos a second.

Yeah, that guy mocked cause he "wasent a defender" , "was mostly a winger", etc.

However, he was one of the hardest defenders in 1v1 in history, and his positional skill was grand. if his team in clutch games had to sit back a bit more, it became very clear just how effective this guy was against good wide players

I dont want to imagine the damage to messi, if he'd play Carlos when he was a winger.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Some great players on that list and hopefully we'll see more of those this summer. Can't see any of them leaving the league in the next few years tbh, Napoli's president promised more investments this summer, Milanese clubs have been cleaning their backyard for a while and they as well might invest, especially Inter with his new owner, then you have the likes of Roma, Fiorentina, Torino, Parma. It is still a very good league to play in and considering that they've been in the crisis over the last few years you can only imagine how Serie a will look like once the major clubs gain momentum. Spain will never have this kind of tradition, hardly any league will, despite of the benefits they enjoy now.
Serie A needs an oil club or two to return to the top.Heavy investments and infrastructure is needed to reduce the gap between Spain,England and Germany.Mediocre investments are hardly going to suffice.

Talking about oil teams,i was reading some Russians were interested in buying Lazio.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011

Yeah, that guy mocked cause he "wasent a defender" , "was mostly a winger", etc.

However, he was one of the hardest defenders in 1v1 in history, and his positional skill was grand. if his team in clutch games had to sit back a bit more, it became very clear just how effective this guy was against good wide players

I dont want to imagine the damage to messi, if he'd play Carlos when he was a winger.
He'd excel in this era, no doubt, but with all due respect to Carlos the fact is that he didn't make it in Serie a back then, and often when had played against more solid wide players like Zambrotta or Salihamidzic, he was completely exposed at the back and struggled to make anything productive.

Mar 9, 2006
Serie A needs an oil club or two to return to the top.Heavy investments and infrastructure is needed to reduce the gap between Spain,England and Germany.Mediocre investments are hardly going to suffice.

Talking about oil teams,i was reading some Russians were interested in buying Lazio.
What kind of gap? Stadiums - okay, but we were talking about players, not about stadiums

- - - Updated - - -

Carlos failed in Italy, deal with it

Fint

Aug 13, 2010

Hard to see any properly big investors taking over any Serie A clubs right now. Not with the state it's in right now.

Think about it, if it were your money would you rather invest in a league on the up/already at the highest level or one where star players are snapped up by foreign clubs year after year, stadium ownership is a taboo subject, racism and hooliganism is still rampant and CL spots are decreasing slowly but surely?

Trust me, I want it to happen, but it won't until the right foundations are put in place which ain't gonna happen any time soon.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011

Infrastructure is in progress, and probably in the next 4-5 years most top clubs will have their own venue. We don't need oil clubs as it brings short term benefits, but some of them are likely to leave after a while, once they find something more interesting to play with, leaving clubs in a messed up financial situation.

Mar 9, 2006
Hard to see any properly big investors taking over any Serie A clubs right now. Not with the state it's in right now.

Think about it, if it were your money would you rather invest in a league on the up/already at the highest level or one where star players are snapped up by foreign clubs year after year, stadium ownership is a taboo subject, racism and hooliganism is still rampant and CL spots are decreasing slowly but surely?

Trust me, I want it to happen, but it won't until the right foundations are put in place which ain't gonna happen any time soon.
Easily - Milan, lazio, Cagliari are number one objects for investors

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011

Losing CL places slowly, but surely? They have 3 CL places and it won't change for a while. There's a massive gap between 3rd and 4th place, but also significant one between 6th and 7th, the latter guaranties only 2 places in the CL. Italians even in the current state cannot lose the 3rd CL spot.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Juventino[RUS];4554562 said:
Easily - Milan, lazio, Cagliari are number one objects for investors
On Milan, is Berlusconi really gonna loosen his grip on the club?

Lazio, any inkling who these Russian investors are?

I read there is some mining mogul interested in buying them, don't know what his net worth is or his intentions regarding investment & stadium development are though?

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Infrastructure is in progress, and probably in the next 4-5 years most top clubs will have their own venue. We don't need oil clubs as it brings short term benefits, but some of them are likely to leave after a while, once they find something more interesting to play with, leaving clubs in a messed up financial situation.
Every oil club in this day should work towards self-sustainability.Thats what PSG are doing as are Chelsea and others.So please stop this myth that that they'll leave the clubs in misery once they have something else to play with.

If you dont think PSG's investments is not helping Ligue 1 in the long term ,then you're literally being blind here for someone who has good grasp of finances.Just the TV deal alone is giving a massive boost for the league.Its like 10x the previous deal before the Qatari's arrived.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)