[ITA] Serie A 2011/2012 (29 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Don't go off topic, when did he choke except for euro 2000 final? And, except WC98, there were never high expectations of him, he was always a bench player you know? Even when he won the Capocannoniere he was benched for Di Natale.

Tell me specifically when he choked except the euro 200 final now.
Specifically? For me he choked throughout his whole for national team. He never brought the same intensity and quality as he did for Juve.

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Wow, dang you're quick. I thought you guys were still discussing Henry, but deleted my post after about 5 seconds after I realised you were referring to ADP.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Di Natale was topscorer for two years in a row, with a big possibility to do it for the third straight year. I wonder if Prandelli will be just as imbecilic to prefer Cassano, Balotelli or Rossi to the Capocannoniere :confused:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
For me Baggio > Del Piero. However, I also happen to think that Baggio is the greatest/best Italian player of all time, so there is no shame in Del Piero being inferior to him. I may also be a bit biased, because I started watching Juventus regularly when Baggio was the focal point of the team.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
just imagine how badly DP would be bashed around here if it wasnt for her :D
Didn't know I'm a tyrant around these parts :p

I said coaches. Plural.
Remind me who were the other imbeciles, please.
Trapattoni. His results with the NT (the 2002 squad was a great one) scream how big of an imbecile he was with his tactics. Ale didn't deserve to be a starter in WC2006. So when did he choke?

Di Natale was topscore
r for three years in a row, with a big possibility to do it for the third straight year. I wonder if Prandelli will be just as imbecilic to prefer Cassano, Balotelli or Rossi to the Capocannoniere :confused:
If he leaves Di Natale out and manages to win, it means that it's been the right decision. Can't say the same about Donadoni. If anything, it was Di Natale who choked against Spain.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Trapattoni. His results with the NT (the 2002 squad was a great one) scream how big of an imbecile he was with his tactics. Ale didn't deserve to be a starter in WC2006. So when did he choke?
I said that he choked in his attempts to win a starting spot for the Azzurri. I didn't say anything about his performances.
Anyway, we're talking about 6 coaches, each one of them ignoring Del Piero and preferring other attackers to him.

In 1996 Sacchi started Del Piero on 1 of the 3 matches at the Euro
In 1998 Maldini started Del Piero on 3 of the 5 matches at the WC
In 2000 Zoff started Del Piero on 2 of the 6 matches at the Euro.
In 2002 Trapattoni started Del Piero on 1 of the 4 matches at the WC
In 2004 Trapattoni started Del Piero on 3 of the 3 matches at the Euro (Italy eliminated from the groups)
In 2006 Lippi started Del Piero on 1 of the 7 matches at the WC
In 2008 Donadoni started Del Piero on 1 of the 4 matches at the EURO
In 2010 Lippi didn't even call Del Piero

Sacchi, Trapattoni, Lippi, Zoff, Maldini, Donadoni. That's a good groups of imbeciles who know nothing about football :agree: If only Rafieian was leading Italy in all those tournaments. DP would have started every match and Italy would have won each one of them.

If he leaves Di Natale out and manages to win, it means that it's been the right decision. Can't say the same about Donadoni. If anything, it was Di Natale who choked against Spain.
Donadoni did even better than one would expect with the form and quality of the Italian players at the time. He was a penalty shoot out away from eliminating Spain.
Impossible to know, but which Italian coach do you think would have eliminated the Spaniards back then?

Anyway, Di Natale too didn't start on that match against Spain, just like Del Piero didn't. They came in as subs for Cassano and Aquilani.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)