[ITA] Serie A 2011/2012 (19 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juve Fanatico

Aug 20, 2010

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I would argue that Baggio is the greatest Italian player of all time, so he is definitely a level above Henry, but not at the same level as Maradona, Pele, Zidane, Platini, or Cruyff. He is definitely in the list of top 20 players of all time, possibly top 10.

Henry was more dynamic, pacier, and more direct. Baggio was more of an artist, a better passer, and an overall better player.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
BS, he was the NT's top scorer in the 98 WC as a youngster. He played a vital role in 2000 and was the top scorer there as well. He had a hand in both those tournaments, in addition to having a good WC in 2006, and being France's best player in the 2003 Confed Cup. He also had a good second season at Barca judging his age and the circumstances.

How about being the top scorer in the EPL 4 times? How about winning two league titles and scoring 30 league goals in the season we ended unbeaten.

Trying to argue that Henry was a top striker is a lost cause. You cannot make a better argument for neither Trez nor Del Piero.
i expect you to get emotional, but not this emotional, ok first let's address the clutching at strws france's top scorer you say how many goals in total did france score in that WC? you could plug anybody for henry and no one would notice. Confed cup? whats that? a good WC? good second season? how does qualify as him winning something? and dont bring arsenal into equation as i specifically said unless we are talking about arsenal.
Conclusion, henry was a great forward, but to say that he won everything and it was down to him is a joke, oh and btw i agree about DP and trez, imo DP being the bigger choker in the group.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
The first time I saw him was 98. But I've done my bit of studying on him, tapes videos etc. People tend to romanticize the past in a dramatic way.
Yep they do, but seriously, Henry is nowhere near Baggio, to me it's strange how it's even up to discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)