[ITA] Serie A 2011/2012 (24 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
How come a player who won absolutely everything in his career bar the golden ball (which he didn't won only because Ronaldinho was insane that year) is a choker?

If Henry is a choker then Trezeguet is too for missing that penalty in 2006.
henry didnt win everything, and if he happened to be in teams that won it was never down to him unless it's arsenal we are talking about, and nobody here cares for FA cups

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
After the Krasic incident last season, the uncountable number of cheap penalties the Milan sides have been getting in recent seasons, and now the fictitious Vidal-Cesena incident, I say the city of Milan needs to be blown up.

DVS

Must be patient
Nov 13, 2008
After the Krasic incident last season, the uncountable number of cheap penalties the Milan sides have been getting in recent seasons, and now the fictitious Vidal-Cesena incident, I say the city of Milan needs to be blown up.
Italy is great in pieces. As a whole not so much

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
henry didnt win everything, and if he happened to be in teams that won it was never down to him unless it's arsenal we are talking about, and nobody here cares for FA cups
BS, he was the NT's top scorer in the 98 WC as a youngster. He played a vital role in 2000 and was the top scorer there as well. He had a hand in both those tournaments, in addition to having a good WC in 2006, and being France's best player in the 2003 Confed Cup. He also had a good second season at Barca judging his age and the circumstances.

How about being the top scorer in the EPL 4 times? How about winning two league titles and scoring 30 league goals in the season we ended unbeaten.

Trying to argue that Henry was a top striker is a lost cause. You cannot make a better argument for neither Trez nor Del Piero.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Lol, Henry is everything but a choker. Two unfortunate episodes from the highest stage might make some people say it now, but they are wrong for saying it. The first episode was the CL 2006 final. Henry was beasting for years and on that final he was weak. People forget though that Arsenal played with 10 men for almost the entire match against an attacking team like Barca, so every attacker in the world would have "choked" the way Henry did. The second episode is the WC 2006 where everyone expected Henry to lead France but a 34 year old Zidane stole the show. I mean, Zinedine Zidane. It still says nothing about Henry.
The problem with Henry, looking at his career, is just that for the quality he had he never single handedly lead his teams to the biggest trophies. He won all those trophies in question (WC, EURO, CL) but he was never a one man team Platini, Maradona or Zidane style in order to take his place with the best. But he was a beast and he was no choker. He won't make the "best of the best" list, where players like Maradona, Pele, Platini, Ronaldo, Zidane stand (Messi already made the list and Cristiano Ronaldo will have to lead Portugal and/or Real to the biggest trophies in order to make that list), but he follows those players, in the same group with Del Piero, Batistuta, Baggio etc.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Even me the biggest Thierry fan, i would never put him amongst the legends. Of course not, not even close. He isn't a one man team like you put it, he isn't Zidane, Messi, Platini, Maradona. But he's a top class striker who in his time was one of the best strikers in the world.

Also, that 2006 CL final, he did miss two chances with Valdes, but the guy was playing upfront alone in a ten man team all day long. As he put it, his legs barely carried him. Also, he made Puyol and Marquez's life a living hell in that game, he played well but was wasteful in front of goal.

The term "choker" is used too loosely these days.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
Lol, Henry is everything but a choker. Two unfortunate episodes from the highest stage might make some people say it now, but they are wrong for saying it. The first episode was the CL 2006 final. Henry was beasting for years and on that final he was weak. People forget though that Arsenal played with 10 men for almost the entire match against an attacking team like Barca, so every attacker in the world would have "choked" the way Henry did. The second episode is the WC 2006 where everyone expected Henry to lead France but a 34 year old Zidane stole the show. I mean, Zinedine Zidane. It still says nothing about Henry.
The problem with Henry, looking at his career, is just that for the quality he had he never single handedly lead his teams to the biggest trophies. He won all those trophies in question (WC, EURO, CL) but he was never a one man team Platini, Maradona or Zidane style in order to take his place with the best. But he was a beast and he was no choker. He won't make the "best of the best" list, where players like Maradona, Pele, Platini, Ronaldo, Zidane stand (Messi already made the list and Cristiano Ronaldo will have to lead Portugal and/or Real to the biggest trophies in order to make that list), but he follows those players, in the same group with Del Piero, Batistuta, Baggio etc.
1. I don't think you could put Henry in that bracket with Batigol and Alex, he's maybe another rung down on the ladder in my view.
2. How can you put Baggio in that group? Baggio was clearly way above them players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)